The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Bricked1980 said:

No I don't mean the "Expert" logo/symbol. I'm just talking about the standard Creator logo in the top left corner next to the Lego logo. They've updated this to a different font for the new 2018 Creator sets and on the Taj Mahal. 

However on the store calendar image released earlier It looks as if they've used the old version of the creator logo with the old font.

You are right. With the new lego the T is a little bit on top of the O whereas with the calendar it is not. 

Although I don't expect too much from this.

1 hour ago, Gorki247 said:

Sounds good. Do you have any pictures of your HH? Looking from some ideas on on how to position mine.

Its not done yet but I can send you some pics now and then later.. Its basically concepted as someone already posted (in different topic)..baseplate contains yard and some moc landscape, and inthe middle there are tiles and some jumper and HH is placed on them unmoded. So its still a dollhouse, which is landed on that landscape. I am in process to finish it, expecting some BL orders with needed parts. But if you send me your email or something as a message I can send you some pics later on :)

1 minute ago, Matti said:

Looks gorgeous

Come on Lego. Think its about time we had the official announcement

Hehe I am too really unpatient about this..I want it right now..it already tooked unbelievable long time... Btw strange things happends on Lego modulaar FB page. I postet a status about new modular and that those who didnt believed in his accuracy were wrong, and admin baned me from that group. Weird isnt it? 

Hopefully the official release will have some photos of the interior and of different angles.  Of course the calendar photo has the car right in front of the spot where the technic pins should go.  Seeing how the left side of the diner is detailed and the curve at the front extends in that direction, I am beginning to think the best way to display this building would be to NOT have it directly connected to a wall of another modular like they did with the original photo and AS.  Doing so would pretty much hide the interior portion of the curve and mask that feature, thus diminishing the essence of the diner.  I would do one of two things: either (1) create a small park on a 16x32 to act as a buffer between DD and another modular to the left, or (2) dare to somehow mod DD to make it an corner building with the left/curvy side being the corner.  The big challenge would obviously be to do something about the stairs blocking the sidewalk. 

Perhaps there will be some new parts introduced in this modular that we have yet to see, much like the macaroni tiles and the 45° door frame seen in the Assembly Square.

22 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

Great, thanks. But when will its press release be? It's so annoying! If it will not release today, I send a mail to LEGO that when will it be released?!

What will the 2019 modular be? Maybe Post Office, Museum, Pharmacy or something else?

You're right. It can't be revealed before releasing the LSC Dec 17 because if it will happen, it will reveal 10260 Diner.

Oh, sorry. I meant LSC Jan 18.

very like 10260 Downtown Diner! On the photo leaked one and a half weeks ago, it was very disappointing. But in the new photo, it's gorgeous.

21 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Don't give up hope quite yet of a press release today. With this set having a distinct American vibe it would make sense that they'd announce the set at a sensible time during the day for American lego fans. I think on the East coast of USA it's only around 8am at the moment so there is still a chance it could be announced later today. This wait is getting annoyingly frustrating!!

Yeah.

Edited by Brick Lover

That second picture is much better! Now this looks like something I would even consider buying!

Just some of my observations:

1. There's a glass overhead cover at the rooftop or something of that sort.
  2. The jukebox bit on its back are curved panels and stick onto the roof.
  3. The stairs are floatin'!? They love It or sth!?
  4. Looks like they've used the mirror piece again inside the Diner (or shall we start calling it DD?)
  5. It's skinny! And on the second floor it gets even skinnier!
  6. Still got no clue how they've sticked those arches for the windows there.
  7. According to the second picture (the stacked floors) the part where the "Diner" logo is doesn't seem to have covering.
  8. Shame they didn't continue the roofline pattern all around the building this time they could've.
  9. And lastly... Seems like there's a pipe running down the side of the building right around the corner (or at least there's a long black blob)

5 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

If you buy two set and mirror-built one, and take away one of the Juke-box-bows, you have in fact one large  stand-alone Diner...! That is what i'm gonna do!

Looking forward to it!

**btw, name already changed on Brickset to "Downtown Diner"

Edited by paupadros

If I understood correctly, embargo on press release should be lifted at 5PM Billund time (in two hours).

Just now, Cwetqo said:

If I understood correctly, embargo on press release should be lifted at 5PM Billund time (in two hours).

Sweet! Can't wait!

6 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

If you buy two sets and mirror-build one, and take away one of the Juke-box-bows, you have in fact one large  stand-alone Diner...! That is what i'm gonna do!

(Edit : spelling)

This is also my plan! Great minds think alike! ;)

oh man what a day !!

Avengers Infinity war trailer
Lego Modular Annoucement and it turns out at least to me better than the leaked picture
PS Plus for December Annoucement

Just now, just_one said:

oh man what a day !!

Avengers Infinity war trailer
Lego Modular Annoucement and it turns out at least to me better than the leaked picture
PS Plus for December Annoucement

Don't forget that we've just learned of that sixtieth anniversary gift-with-purchase set being made available in January! :sweet:

First you guys were like: "hate it, first modular I will not buy."
And then you get a little peak and suddenly you're like: "buy two on day one baby!"
10642810.jpg

I'll be honest, even if I thought it was a terrible set, I'd still probably buy it. I mean I bought that heavy haul train... 

(I may have a problem)

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

There are official pictures out i think. There seems to be a boxing ring and recording studio above the diner 

Where can these be found? :)

The Brick Fan posted the news. I have it open in my Browser, but they removed the article. I guess they were a little bit early. ;)

I wondered about that, and don't get me wrong, I like the diner, but a boxing ring and recording studio...anyone ever been to a diner with those two things on the upper floors?  I think we are as close to jumping the shark on combining odd businesses as we can get.  I want to tag along with Jamie when he researches these places.  Too funny

Seems one of the blogs was an hour early, ended up in my feedreader, but hid the post again. Well, what's another 36 minute wait. :)

Lovely interior of the diner, nice colors with turquoise/white walls and a pink stripe...

Just now, Herky said:

I wondered about that, and don't get me wrong, I like the diner, but a boxing ring and recording studio...anyone ever been to a diner with those two things on the upper floors?  I think we are as close to jumping the shark on combining odd businesses as we can get.  I want to tag along with Jamie when he researches these places.  Too funny

I like it. Modulars would be really boring if they  tried to be realistic. An actual Diner probably has around 20 or more tables?