The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think Jamie's modulars have more detail than Astrid's modulars, way more detail. Plus, I'm not a big fan of stickers.

Jamie is good at adding existing elements and making them into exterior details. They really step up the look of the buidlings.

There was way to many stickers in the Palace Cinema, they looked cool but it would have been nice if they were printed pieces.

There was way to many stickers in the Palace Cinema, they looked cool but it would have been nice if they were printed pieces.

I don't think the designers can be held responsible for that. They decide on what they want to be shown, but higher ups will have final say on printing vs stickers.

When will we know more about what the next modular will be?

It can be any time between now and the day it's officially announced (which can be as late as the day before release with some sets!)

At this point I don't think we actually have any concrete evidence that there is a new one coming out, beyond the fact that they typically release one each year.

1st rumor for the Brick Bank (2016) was late Sept 2015. So maybe in the next couple of weeks to a month we might start hearing rumors for the 2017 Modular. Other than the inverted corner Hospital with raised street rumors we have nothing.

Other than the inverted corner Hospital with raised street rumors we have nothing.

?!? That was a guess by me, not a rumor.

?!? That was a guess by me, not a rumor.

Inverted corner was a rumour from the Italian (I think) website.

We have 4 corner buildings and 6 straight ones. The block is complete with the last corner so maybe TLG will not release new modulars anymore...

Or maybe yes because it sells well!

It is also the 10th anniversary of the modular line (started in 2007 with the Café Corner), so maybe TLG will release a new amazing anniversary set!

Or a Cafe Corner re-release...

We know just one thing : we know nothing ^^ We just imagine this year is going to be like 2016: first rumors late september and official press release in october. And if it is not a hospital, CM4sci will be bashed because he guessed a hospital and everyone thought he revealed the next modular name...

if its a re-lauch of cafe corner, they better improve the interior

bit i think that the new modular will be the biggest , like someone said before, a 48x32

Jamie is good at adding existing elements and making them into exterior details. They really step up the look of the buidlings.

Yes. I love his designs.

For a future modular I would also like to see some brighter colors.

Last year, i sold my complete Winter Village collection.. a month later, the news was spread about a re-release of the ToyShop. I'm not considering selling my complete Modular-collection, so, statisically, there will not be a re-release of any Modular... :laugh:

My feeling is there will be a Modular Music-Shop.... guitars, drums, piano, trumpets, vinyl and so on.... Complete with street-musicians!

We'll see... :wink:

My feeling is there will be a Modular Music-Shop.... guitars, drums, piano, trumpets, vinyl and so on.... Complete with street-musicians!

I really like that idea! Instruments (drums, piano etc) could be interesting mini-builds and street-musicians would fit to the theme perfectly. It could have that old "red brick" New York vibe with some apartments in the upper floors.

Edited by temes

I don't see anyway for there to be a $250+ one, that price increase would just be too insane. I could see LEGO redoing Cafe Corner with an interior for like $175.

I really like that idea! Instruments (drums, piano etc) could be interesting mini-builds and street-musicians would fit to the theme perfectly. It could have that old "red brick" New York vibe with some apartments in the upper floors.

That sounds fantastic! I like this idea even more than the hospital/doctor's office. They could definitely incorporate a storyline involving the musicians if they wished. If you had records in it, then it would maintain that old time feel that many of the modulars have.

I would really love an arcade.

Well, that's also on my wish list. Arcade machines built with Lego bricks are so awesome, like the Midway Arcade set in Lego Dimensions & arcade machines in Lego Kwik-E-Mart. The arcade theme is so nostalgic that it would definitely be a perfect fit to somewhat retro feel of modular buildings.

I would really love an arcade.

This is on my list of "absolutely not". It was rumoured last year and I hated the idea because it doesn't match the time period suggested by the other sets.

This is on my list of "absolutely not". It was rumoured last year and I hated the idea because it doesn't match the time period suggested by the other sets.

An arcade would also likely have stickers for the various game screens, and judging by some of the comments towards the inclusion of them in Palace Cinema, it would not be well received. The other reason I would not be overly excited by an arcade would be the fact that it would require a highly detailed interior. This means a lot of parts on the inside, which would take away from the exterior. When the rumor of the arcade came out last year, I was very glad to hear it was a bank instead.

That's what i think too.

Last year, i sold my complete Winter Village collection.. a month later, the news was spread about a re-release of the ToyShop. I'm not considering selling my complete Modular-collection, so, statisically, there will not be a re-release of any Modular... :laugh:

Could you sell your 10228, please?

Well, that's also on my wish list. Arcade machines built with Lego bricks are so awesome, like the Midway Arcade set in Lego Dimensions & arcade machines in Lego Kwik-E-Mart. The arcade theme is so nostalgic that it would definitely be a perfect fit to somewhat retro feel of modular buildings.
An arcade would also likely have stickers for the various game screens, and judging by some of the comments towards the inclusion of them in Palace Cinema, it would not be well received. The other reason I would not be overly excited by an arcade would be the fact that it would require a highly detailed interior. This means a lot of parts on the inside, which would take away from the exterior. When the rumor of the arcade came out last year, I was very glad to hear it was a bank instead.

I think he means arcade (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_(architecture)), not arcade games.

Edited by parsom

Could you sell your 10228, please?

I think he means arcade (https://en.wikipedia...e_(architecture)), not arcade games.

I have one for sale :wink:

Actually I understood it was arcade game, not arcade, as in covered sidewalks with arches, by the time the rumor came out before BB, but maybe you're right... This is frequent in swiss cities due to frequent bad weather, I would love to see a modular with arcades but perhaps more Italian style..

Edited by SwissBrick

A shopping arcade could be interesting, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. The most stores that can fit on a 32x32 baseplate has been shown by DO, with a left and right store with an arch between.