The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Now that there are a few Amazon listings, does anyone have an estimated timeframe for photo reveals?

As I mentioned before, released photos of the set solely depends on the release date on the set. Not all modulars been released on January 1st. I.e. Town hall and Grand Emporium were in March

They're remaking Year of the Snake?

No, but they won't re-use the number.

Proving, again, that sometimes a little information (especially when it's in a language you don't understand) is worse than no information at all.

the link does not work, all of those links are taken down, I am guessing they were a mistake, I could be wrong, but I think all we can do is just continue to speculate and enjoy the guessing game

The links were taken down because that info about the 2016 set names and prices was not supposed to out yet, I believe.

So not a deli, not an arcade. Back to square 1 for speculation...

When information is leaked or published in sales without permission, it is often pulled with an explanation that “the information was incorrect or not final”, but in the end it is generally pretty close to accurate. I thought the deli concept whether it was a large modular or one of the smaller creator shops was a plausible leak. I thought they had enough meat LEGO parts, steak bone, chicken leg and sausage/hot dog parts that the deli could have a butcher. If the release is in January 2016, we have a few more months to wait for more info. When has the press release typically been for January modular sets?

When has the press release typically been for January modular sets?

There really is no "typical," I'm afraid. Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office have been the only modulars released in January; the former was officially revealed in early October and the latter in late November.

There really is no "typical," I'm afraid. Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office have been the only modulars released in January; the former was officially revealed in early October and the latter in late November.

Sorry but you are wrong here, most buildings where released in March! Here some info from someone who knows!

Actually not all Modulars where released in March but most!

10182 CC March 10th. 2007

10185 GG March 1st. 2008

10197 FB Sept. 4th. 2009

10211 GE March 1st. 2010

10218 PS May 10th. 2011

10224 TH March 1st. 2012

Sorry but you are wrong here, most buildings where released in March! Here some info from someone who knows!

What? I never said they weren't. I said that the two most recent modulars, neither of which are even on that list, were the only ones released in January.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

I have hurd from a member of the lego worldwide council, that lego is showing the next batch of sets to employees on August 23rd 2015. Including winter village set next modular creator sets and new star wars sets to, I'm sure there are more themes aswell but these are the only ones I want to know about.

So we will have to wait and see pictures will surely leak out after the 23rd

Does anyone think the possibility of an arcade modular has any relation to the Dimensions Character "71235" the "arcade player". I saw what looks like an arcade player revealed at The Brick Fan site a few days ago. I'm not sure how to post the link. Can someone post the link here for discussion?

Every once in a while, amongst the numerous attempts and suggestions to drag the modular series back to a children's market, I feel it's helpful to quote the following from Wikipedia (recognizing Wikipedia is not the final authority in most matters. But, if does provide a good summary of facts concerning this subject).

"Modular Buildings is a series of Lego building toy sets introduced in 2007. Created in response to feedback and suggestions from the Adult Fans of Lego (AFOL), and the Teen Fans of Lego (TFOL) community, the sets in this series are generally intended for more advanced builders with most sets containing more than 2,000 total pieces and making use of unorthodox building techniques which have not been tried before in official Lego sets. In contrast to most LEGO sets which are aimed at children and adolescents, the suggested age of most sets in the Modular Buildings series is 16 years or older. The Modular Buildings sets have been received with positive reviews, being considered by Lego designers and fans as "toys for adults". The sets include Market Street, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant and the newest model, Detective's Office."

Every once in a while, amongst the numerous attempts and suggestions to drag the modular series back to a children's market, I feel it's helpful to quote the following from Wikipedia (recognizing Wikipedia is not the final authority in most matters. But, if does provide a good summary of facts concerning this subject).

Yawn^

Maybe the designers think that adults who whine endlessly like children need such direction/back story with their builds.

Yes Agent 86 that’s the Arcade Gamer I was thinking of! My thoughts are all speculation of course, but I was trying to figure out why an Arcade Gamer would be a Dimensions figure (what LEGO world does he link to?) and then I remembered the Modular Arcade rumor. Perhaps (again speculation) this minifigure links the Modular Builder Fans to the Dimensions game which is really about all the LEGO worlds coming together. Anyone who’s both a Modular fan and a Dimensions fan know what’s driving that character from the Dimensions side? I also believe the Dimensions characters are being released in a series of waves and the Arcade Gamer is in Wave 4? Does anyone have any firm timeline of when that Dimensions Wave 4 is coming out? It might be nice to speculate that timeline against the anticipated Modular release. Anyway it gives us something to talk about! :sweet:

I don't want to say the wrong thing and this will probably be removed anyway..

But I do see that in the recent modular announcement videos that Jamie is introducing to us as a bit girly or maybe childish, he is the lead designer on them but I do see them a bit differently now that there has a story behind the buildings.

I can't help think this has come about because he has a slightly camp and so is Mathew James Ashton (CEO lego) (don't get me wrong I'm not against that in anyway) but I see this as having an influence on the way these buildings are built and how they coming across..

But on the other hand lego could just be trying to bring new people and children to the modular line.

Or if you just didn't want to know about the story, just don't watch the announcement videos and you wouldn't know about at story behind the building

Wow at the above. Is this an accepted attitude in the Eurobricks community? If so, count this post as my last..

Edited by mogwai150

Wow at the above. Is this an accepted attitude in the Eurobricks community? If so, count this post as my last..

Not sure why you would leave because you disagree with the personal opinion of another user. Everyone has opinions, no one is expected to agree with everyone all the time. I certainly don't. If I only posted at forums where everyone agreed with me I'd never post. Please don't be scared away because you have your own opinion. :(

Edited by BirdOPrey5

Hey everyone, I'm getting a lot of reports about the tone and "repetition" in this thread. Please keep the conversation focused on the topic. Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but others naturally have a right to respond with their own opinion as well. If it gets out of hand, we may have to get all moderatey and that's never fun. Be adult. Carry on. Thank you.

I don't want to say the wrong thing and this will probably be removed anyway..

But I do see that in the recent modular announcement videos that Jamie is introducing to us as a bit girly or maybe childish, he is the lead designer on them but I do see them a bit differently now that there has a story behind the buildings.

I can't help think this has come about because he has a slightly camp and so is Mathew James Ashton (CEO lego) (don't get me wrong I'm not against that in anyway) but I see this as having an influence on the way these buildings are built and how they coming across..

But on the other hand lego could just be trying to bring new people and children to the modular line.

Or if you just didn't want to know about the story, just don't watch the announcement videos and you wouldn't know about at story behind the building

I'm not sure if "Camp" is the term you are looking for. I think Jamie's take on the buildings is more Nostalgic. That pre/post war period where the Downtown area was still the center of life. There is certainly nothing specifically "girly" about his designs? He gave us a Hotel, Grocer, Fire House, Department Store, Restaurant, Pet Shop and the Detective Office, which is essentially a Speakeasy. So he has worked his way through a typical small town of the late Steam Era. I think a safer assumption is Jamie is or was a Model Railroaders with a fondness for that period. And actually the buildings with the more complex character stories, other than the Detective Office, weren't designed by Jamie. Town Hall and Palace Cinema were Astrid's. They do feel a bit more like they were designed from a "girly" perspective because they were in fact designed by a girl.

Deli? Really? It seems we have a lot of food related modulars if this rumor is true. A Cafe, Grocery and Restaurant is not enough for our modular street?!

I would rather the Arcade/Amusement Hall rumor be correct. Our street seems to be lacking basics: School, Library, Bank, Hospital and Police etc....

However we do have a Pet Store, Cinema and Detective Office!!

Whatever it is I will of course buy it!

I still hope for a corner Bank!

Keep in mind that things often shift in translations. Deli could be a restaurant. It could be a more classical Butcher or Meat Market. It could be a Supermarket or Bodega. And of course we will see food related buildings. They are a primary component of town centers going back milenia. Food distribution and eating is sort of the ancient driving force of civilization.

I want to know how all these folks keep getting the sets that are not supposed to go on sale until August 1 already...have seen many Scooby Doo and BBT sets in hand, but it is a cool idea to incorporate one like that into a modular

Current Lego Store Policy is they can shelf stock the new sets as they come in, rather than wait unless their is a license hard street date. So if a store receives their August release shipment on July 29 they can put it right out.