The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do you mind elaborating on Downtown Diner being a car showroom? I love to read about the behind the scenes and Downtown Diner is my favorite of all the modulars.

Oops. Nice spelling mistakes in my original post there! Mike Psiaki talks about it in the designer video:

I recall reading about it as well somewhere, but I can't find more (although they may just have been elaborating more on the content of this video).

There's also a nice post about different (non-official) mods of it, including a car dealership - Modifying the LEGO Creator Downtown Diner (thebrickblogger.com)

38 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Oops. Nice spelling mistakes in my original post there! Mike Psiaki talks about it in the designer video:

I recall reading about it as well somewhere, but I can't find more (although they may just have been elaborating more on the content of this video).

There's also a nice post about different (non-official) mods of it, including a car dealership - Modifying the LEGO Creator Downtown Diner (thebrickblogger.com)

Very cool, thank you. Makes me excited for next years modular and we still have 7 months to go!

20 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It could also be shelf space. They're releasing a lot of large, adult focused sets right now. There will be three modulars on shelves in January 2024 if they retire all of those above (BH, JC, 2024 modular). So PS it's competing for space with lots of other stuff that's new.

Good point. 

I don’t know how long Boutique Hotel could last - it is a 15th anniversary set. Assembly Square is around here for 5+ years and it’s still popular this year. 

So we shall see. 

Brickmerge lists Police Station, Book Shop, Assembly Square all as ~2023 expected end date.

Those 3 are also on Stonewars "End of Life" lists.

Of course none of this is official yet.

As for Boutique Hotel and Jazz Club, expected to retire at end of 2025 and 2026 respectively .

Edited by TeriXeri

If you're at all interested in any of them, buy them before they either: go up in price, or go out-of-stock/retire. 

36 minutes ago, Jdrewg said:

If you're at all interested in any of them, buy them before they either: go up in price, or go out-of-stock/retire. 

Good thing I bought Bookshop a few days ago. Now I have  Police Station, Boutique Hotel, Jazz Club and Bookshop to form a town. 

I think Japanese garden/restaurant is off the table for Modular Building series for now becuase there is a new Icons set - Tranquil Garden. That garden is absoutely perfect but not sure if it will pass as a modular?

Edited by Lion King

On 6/15/2023 at 7:24 AM, Lion King said:

I think Japanese garden/restaurant is off the table for Modular Building series for now becuase there is a new Icons set - Tranquil Garden. That garden is absoutely perfect but not sure if it will pass as a modular?

Been rooting for a series of modulars to showcase a Japanese street... I don't think Lego is inclined to make modulars specific to a particular city/ region or culture. There's a copy-cat-Lego that is made in China and they have three or four modulars that connect together to form a Japanese street. (I have two of them, and I would like to build them with Lego parts but I think some of their inventory does not exist in Lego colors)

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

Been rooting for a series of modulars to showcase a Japanese street... I don't think Lego is inclined to make modulars specific to a particular city/ region or culture. There's a copy-cat-Lego that is made in China and they have three or four modulars that connect together to form a Japanese street. (I have two of them, and I would like to build them with Lego parts but I think some of their inventory does not exist in Lego colors)

We do have Parisian Restaurant, Bookshop and Hotel - they are in European regions. I feel that we need some Asian architecture added to Modular Buildings collection. Or even a Mexican style with a bunch of bright colors? I would love to see some colorful buildings other than European and American styles. 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

We do have Parisian Restaurant, Bookshop and Hotel - they are in European regions. I feel that we need some Asian architecture added to Modular Buildings collection. Or even a Mexican style with a bunch of bright colors? I would love to see some colorful buildings other than European and American styles. 

Hopefully, Lego hears this!

They need to make the Japanese buildings to house all the Japanese CMFs from the past years! (And they should make more Asian CMFs!)

33 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Hopefully, Lego hears this!

They need to make the Japanese buildings to house all the Japanese CMFs from the past years! (And they should make more Asian CMFs!)

Trust me, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture. As soon as I heard Lego released a latest Art set - Great Wave of Kanagawa. And then they are going to release Tranquil Garden (from Icons theme) and Himeji Castle (from Archiecture line). It is getting better and better for me. 

So… Yes please to Japanese / Asian buildings and CMF!!! 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Trust me, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture. As soon as I heard Lego released a latest Art set - Great Wave of Kanagawa. And then they are going to release Tranquil Garden (from Icons theme) and Himeji Castle (from Archiecture line). It is getting better and better for me. 

So… Yes please to Japanese / Asian buildings and CMF!!! 

Not Japanese...but there is a Chinese restaurant modular on the Bricklink Designer Program. Of course, I am rooting for it!!!

8 hours ago, hikouki said:

Not Japanese...but there is a Chinese restaurant modular on the Bricklink Designer Program. Of course, I am rooting for it!!!

Thanks for brining this up. 

I think Chinese restaurant, pst office and courthouse are off Lego’s table (?) because of BDP stuff.

Well, in a rather pleasant surprise, I got a bulk lot of LEGO last night for $200. Some Creator 3in1 and City sets. And then a complete Grand Emporium. It's the only one I don't have that I'd consider getting, but not enough to pay crazy prices, so rather pleased.

38 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Well, in a rather pleasant surprise, I got a bulk lot of LEGO last night for $200. Some Creator 3in1 and City sets. And then a complete Grand Emporium. It's the only one I don't have that I'd consider getting, but not enough to pay crazy prices, so rather pleased.

:thumbup: That's awesome and kind of funny. I moved out of New York state and like a month after I saw on Craigslist some mom selling their child's LEGO collection for $175. There was a lot in general, but also a Grand Emporium which alone went for how much everything was listed for.

9 hours ago, Maple said:

:thumbup: That's awesome and kind of funny. I moved out of New York state and like a month after I saw on Craigslist some mom selling their child's LEGO collection for $175. There was a lot in general, but also a Grand Emporium which alone went for how much everything was listed for.

If you aren't in a rush, and spend a little time looking, there are definitely good deals to be had.

Still need to figure out eBay to match your prowess with it though!

Someone locally has their entire Lego city for sale for 10k. Includes all the modulars through the Boutique Hotel plus a lot more. I'm actually considering going to look at it this weekend if it is still available.

1 hour ago, Silverhurst said:

Someone locally has their entire Lego city for sale for 10k. Includes all the modulars through the Boutique Hotel plus a lot more. I'm actually considering going to look at it this weekend if it is still available.

What else does the city include besides the modulars?

2 hours ago, Calvinw said:

What else does the city include besides the modulars?

Looking through his list it doesn't include all modulars, even though the title says so. It lacks Detective's Office, Parisan Restraunt, Palace Cinema, and Market Street. Does include a few early WV sets and all fairgrounds up to Roller Coaster, Haunted House, plus a couple of Friends fairground sets. Includes Disney train and lots of track. Has most Collectible minifigs from series 4 up, but not all. Includes some city vehicles, roads, boats, and misc. city decorations including a long detailed seawall. Includes maybe 20 lb of spare parts.

Looks like someone who got into Lego about 2015-16, picked up some older modulars to fill in, and gave up recently. Nicely painted walls and room setup, but looks to have never been completed, or else they've already sold a bunch previously.

I will total up the actual value before going to look, and would probably offer 75% of FMV so that I could sell what I don't need for a moderate ROI. I'm guessing that it will be well under 10k. Have to see.

15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

If you aren't in a rush, and spend a little time looking, there are definitely good deals to be had.

Still need to figure out eBay to match your prowess with it though!

Instead of looking for in person deals I use my time on eBay, however the sales have been VERY 'meh' recently. I'm not having any luck getting the Jazz Club for cheap.

My mom once found a UCS TIE {I don't know which one} and a Duplo Train for $10 at a tag sale. It was valued at $300 and that was several years ago because I have no idea where it went. :laugh:

9 hours ago, Maple said:

Instead of looking for in person deals I use my time on eBay, however the sales have been VERY 'meh' recently. I'm not having any luck getting the Jazz Club for cheap.

I did try to find older Modular Buidlings on eBay and Amazon and, darn, they are so expensive! So far, I have Bookshop, Police Station, bouique Hotel and Jazz Club off Lego.com.

if you have VIP points, maybe you could use them to recieve some discount and get Jazz Club? 

Hello folks!  I am not sure if this quesiton had been answered here bfore.

So here it goes… I just finsihed buildking Police Station two months ago and something still bothers me. There is a crown/lotus-like piece that is hidden beneath the stairs on he ground floor, what is it supppsoed to mean/represent?

Edited by Lion King

29 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I did try to find older Modular Buidlings on eBay and Amazon and, darn, they are so expensive! So far, I have Bookshop, Police Station, bouique Hotel and Jazz Club off Lego.com.

if you have VIP points, maybe you could use them to recieve some discount and get Jazz Club? 

I've gotten the Marvel Modulars for like 40% off. That's not going to happen with VIP points.