The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

10 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

Many people in the forum are taking as a certainty that the next modular IS a jazz club / pizzeria, but is it ? Since we are probably 1 week away or less of the reveal, is there someone very close to the Lego group could give us some real hints without actually disclosing it ( ex colors, number of stories, # minifigures, architecture, etc ) ?  
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one 🎶   as a certain ex-Beatles has sung…

As far as I can remember, they never have done anything like that with modular buildings. (sadly)

4 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

Many people in the forum are taking as a certainty that the next modular IS a jazz club / pizzeria, but is it ? Since we are probably 1 week away or less of the reveal, is there someone very close to the Lego group could give us some real hints without actually disclosing it ( ex colors, number of stories, # minifigures, architecture, etc ) ?  
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one 🎶   as a certain ex-Beatles has sung…

The reliable people have put out the leak, so they say it is, there’s little chance it’s wrong. 

Lego has gotten really good at preventing leaks. We didn't even get a detailed description from promobricks like last year. 

Frustrating for sure but it is so the knockoff brands don't get a head start on their copycat sets I believe.

I love & hate this time. The fun(and frustrating) anticipation of waiting to see it revealed then the agony :tongue: of having to wait about two weeks before we can finally buy it. 

1 hour ago, DimiNi said:

so today there must be some announcement or at least teaser? :D

At least an announcement of when the official revealing date will be…

I have the feeling that lego was serious when printing on that "poster" in boutique hotel that "Andy Sax" will be live on 10th December.

Edited by Kallego

3 hours ago, Kallego said:

I have the feeling that lego was serious when printing on that "poster" in boutique hotel that "Andy Sax" will be live on 10th December.

It'd be weird to see them announce something on a Saturday... or do they often do that?

Either way, it'd be great to see the official reveal before any leaks, even if I came here to see if anything had leaked yet! 😂 

2 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

It'd be weird to see them announce something on a Saturday... or do they often do that?

Either way, it'd be great to see the official reveal before any leaks, even if I came here to see if anything had leaked yet! 😂 

Saturday is an unusual day to announce products....BUT Lego has announced products on a Saturday in December several times during the last few years. These Dec Sat announcements seem to always correspond with conventions/toy fairs in Asia. This coming weekend is the large Singapore Comic Con.

Edited by 24nolf

37 minutes ago, 24nolf said:

Saturday is an usual day to announce products....BUT Lego has announced products on a Saturday in December several times during the last few years. These Dec Sat announcements seem to always correspond with conventions/toy fairs in Asia. This coming weekend is the large Singapore Comic Con.

This seems plausible to me. From now on I'm expecting Saturday and if it's earlier it's a nice surprise ;-)

5 hours ago, Kallego said:

Yeah I have that same feeling too. It’s quite they put a hint in boutique hotel set for next Modular set. 

An announcement at Singapore Comic Con also makes sense for a few reasons:

-Singapore is TLG's headquarters for the Asia Pacific region

-TLG has strong ties with the Marina Bay Sands hotel which is hosting Singapore Comic Con

My indicator is just waiting until the Eurobricks notifications in my inbox start piling up. When it's 2-4 replies, I know it's a day with no announcement. When it's 30 replies, THEN I know people have seen it. :iamded_lol: 

19 hours ago, Hippocampe said:

At least an announcement of when the official revealing date will be…

That would be funny, yet annoying. Especially if they teased the build up of the reveal....then it was just the date of when they’re going to. 

Seeing mention of the Singapore Comic Con it got me thinking that one was revealed there...thinking it was the Boutique Hotel, I searched. It wasn’t...but it was revealed on the 6th. So hopefully we’ll get it sooner rather than later. 

Hi all, newbie here to lego forums. Well, any forums! But a life long Lego fan so I guess that what matters. Loved all the Lego Modular’s so far, even the unpopular ones. Started with the green grocer and built up form there. Always hoping for a post office or hospital themed one or maybe a supermarket with opticians and fast food restaurant. I work at Asda and my better half is a postie. So no surprises there. Always get jittery at this time of year just in case Lego decide to discontinue this theme. I know it doesn’t make economic sense for them too stop. But I know good things never last forever. What is the longest running Lego theme Anyone?  Thanks.

7 hours ago, MJLJ said:

Hi all, newbie here to lego forums. Well, any forums! But a life long Lego fan so I guess that what matters. Loved all the Lego Modular’s so far, even the unpopular ones. Started with the green grocer and built up form there. Always hoping for a post office or hospital themed one or maybe a supermarket with opticians and fast food restaurant. I work at Asda and my better half is a postie. So no surprises there. Always get jittery at this time of year just in case Lego decide to discontinue this theme. I know it doesn’t make economic sense for them too stop. But I know good things never last forever. What is the longest running Lego theme Anyone?  Thanks.

"City" was one of three original themes. Technically it was called Legoland Town in 1978 and TLG has modified the name several times. The last time the "City" name changed was in 2005.

The mainline modulars have appeared under different names including "Creator" "Expert" "18+" and "Icons".

Over the last two years TLG has introduced 11 sets that are Modular. These modulars have appeared across many themes including: Chinese New Year, Ninjago, Marvel, Ideas and the BrickLink Designer Program. TLG has also sold several other sets recently that while not technically modulars can be easily modified to fit that system. I wouldn't be concerned about the modular line as the company has widely embraced the system. 

Edited by 24nolf

10 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

This is crazy. 7 dec and not even a glimpse of the new modular. Have we ever waited this long?

its getting later every year. Probably to throw off copy cats.
But I think we can safly assume that it will be revealed on Saturday. We know pretty certain that it will be a jazzclub and the Botique Hotel had a small Poster on a wall reading "Andy Sax, Live 10th of december" so... yeah.

Honestly the flat earthers and lizard people conspiracy theories have nothing against the theories LEGO fans come up with.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Honestly the flat earthers and lizard people conspiracy theories have nothing against the theories LEGO fans come up with.

I just think it's fun speculating. 

If you don't enjoy it that's fine. But is it necessary to be so negative?

2 hours ago, Kallego said:

I just think it's fun speculating. 

If you don't enjoy it that's fine. But is it necessary to be so negative?

I second that