The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Can see it now. The pizzeria is a front for the mob & the Don is sitting up in the club in the VIP section. :tongue:

:laugh:*huh*:laugh:

So glad we got the information early this year. Waiting until December for any details would have been annoying.

Also, I believe there are pizzerias innthe French quarters in New Orleans. But some are right. I don't really think pizza when thinking of New Orleans. 

Yeah I agree with some who think that Pizza shop may not fit into New Orleans so well if it pairs up with jazz club. It’s quite a shame that there is no seafood restaurant yet. 

However, I do like that pizza shop with jazz club vibe coming from Chicago or New York City. I wonder if it would share era style with Boutique Hotel and Police Station, rather than the modern era. 

I love how we’re all convinced it IS a Jazz club and pizzeria, based on one persons comment (admittedly often right), and an image of a MOC thats been around for a couple of years.  I will be interested to see how you might combine these two businesses in one build.  Can only be Pizza place on the ground floor, and then a Jazz club upstairs, surely. 

Whilst I love the interior details, I’m guessing for most of us, they get displayed as a building, so the exterior architecture is just as important.  Not sure a New Orleans vibe (as some have suggested) would sit as well with the current modular range.   It might stick out like the Downtown Diner does.

13 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I love how we’re all convinced it IS a Jazz club and pizzeria, based on one persons comment (admittedly often right), and an image of a MOC thats been around for a couple of years.  I will be interested to see how you might combine these two businesses in one build.  Can only be Pizza place on the ground floor, and then a Jazz club upstairs, surely. 

Whilst I love the interior details, I’m guessing for most of us, they get displayed as a building, so the exterior architecture is just as important.  Not sure a New Orleans vibe (as some have suggested) would sit as well with the current modular range.   It might stick out like the Downtown Diner does.

The best possible scenario from a fellow exterior focused AFOL, is that a jazz club could be easy on the piece count. Tables/chairs & a slightly elevated stage for the performers. A bar could be a toss up. Detective’s Office didn’t have one, while Hogsmeade Village Visit did have one, albeit simple. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The best possible scenario from a fellow exterior focused AFOL, is that a jazz club could be easy on the piece count. Tables/chairs & a slightly elevated stage for the performers. A bar could be a toss up. Detective’s Office didn’t have one, while Hogsmeade Village Visit did have one, albeit simple. 

Still no word on a possible third level, so I would hope that this thing has high ceilings and/or a steep roof to give it some height.  Especially at $230.  Not having a third level will certainly save on the piece count you would not have to build that extra base and extra walls.  I would like to see a new instrument introduced, such as a trombone, clarinet, or a string bass.  Although I presume we are probably getting Andy Sax as a soloist. They could go all on the pizzeria itself in detail.  

I just hope the facade is good and the building is not too short.  

Edited by AFOLguy1970

3 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Still no word on a possible third level, so I would hope that this thing has high ceilings and/or a steep roof to give it some height.  Especially at $230.  Not having a third level will certainly save on the piece count you would not have to build that extra base and extra walls.  I would like to see a new instrument introduced, such as a trombone, clarinet, or a string bass.  Although I presume we are probably getting Andy Sax as a soloist. They could go all on the pizzeria itself in detail.  

I just hope the facade is good and the building is not too short.  

Ha, that was one of my first thoughts as well, a great time to give us a new instrument. I was thinking stand up bass but a trombone would be fun as well. And yeah, any pieces that are hypothetically saved by a simpler jazz club could be used to liven up the pizzeria. Which I’d be for since the front will likely be mostly windows. As was mentioned above, the Green Grocer is the perfect interior Modular. Bottom floor that we can easily see inside, details, details, details. But the rest just ask glimpses of an interior. 

When do we expect Lego to present the new set? As usually sometime in the beginning of December? ::pir_wacko:

2 hours ago, DimiNi said:

When do we expect Lego to present the new set? As usually sometime in the beginning of December? ::pir_wacko:

I expect it to be tomorrow.

But seriously, early December. I'll go with December 8-13th. Unless LEGO is having a toy fair event thing like LEG CON.

3 hours ago, DimiNi said:

I think you just answer your quesiton. Unless this year, TLG would reveal the et Modular Building before or after the first week of December.

58 minutes ago, Maple said:

Or if not, definitely the day after tomorrow.

Or the day after the day after tomorrow.

Or the day after the day...

:laugh:

While it will be nice to see it, I won't order it until at least February to get the accompanying GWP anyway. The taxi and teal Ideas car have shown that it's almost always better to wait.

Edited by RichardGoring

22 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

While it will be nice to see it, I won't order it until at least February to get the accompanying GWP anyway. The taxi and teal Ideas car have shown that it's almost always better to wait.

100% agreed. I may remember correctly but BrickClicker mentioned there will be GWP for the next Modular.

But we will see if the next Modular set would be still in stock before / during February.

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Or if not, definitely the day after tomorrow.

Or the day after the day after tomorrow.

Or the day after the day...

:laugh:

The modular will be shown at one upcoming tomorrow. I promise. :grin:

The problem with waiting is there is a chance that the new modular will be sold out by February.

of course the teal car had a purchase of $85 and the lame taxi was $170. So maybe next year it will be $250. 

True, it could sell out by February, but I tend to wait for a decent GWP for all of these. To be honest, I've still got the last two modulars to build, so no massive rush for me.

19 hours ago, Maple said:

But seriously, early December. I'll go with December 8-13th. Unless LEGO is having a toy fair event thing like LEG CON.

Is it possible that the poster in 10297 did not only give a hint on Andy Sax, but also on the date for the announcment? The poster says "live at the music hall 10:21 12/10". But it´s a Saturday, so I don´t know if it´s likely.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

7 hours ago, brickonski said:

Is it possible that the poster in 10297 did not only give a hint on Andy Sax, but also on the date for the announcment? The poster says "live at the music hall 10:21 12/10". But it´s a Saturday, so I don´t know if it´s likely.

That’s a really interesing theory. 

13 hours ago, brickonski said:

Nope.

Because if we are going down that rabbit hole wouldn't it be 12-01?

There is 50 days until January 1st. So there is a 2% chance of it being Dec 1 or December 10.

Is it a jazz club or a music hall.  The poster says Andy Sax live at the music hall.  Might be similar, but a music hall is not the same as a jazz club.

The big question in my mind is: 

what architectural style will it be in?

- Creol (like New Orleans)

- Art deco (like New York / Chicago)

- Something completely different, or a mix

I collect New York (-ish) modulars, so im hoping for that style…

23 hours ago, Maple said:

Nope.

There is 50 days until January 1st. So there is a 2% chance of it being Dec 1 or December 10.

23 hours ago, Maple said:

Nope.

If an announcement happens in December anything after the 11th becomes unlikely. The probability of leaks soar once a set starts shipping to stores. High volume sets typically begin heading to stores two weeks before launch but earlier at years end. Stores need to be restocked after the busiest sales period + Lego needs to deliver a  large number of Jan 1 releases to stores. This has proven to be impossible BTW which is why it is common to see Lego shelves mostly empty for several weeks into the new year. Some years Lego retail stores have started selling Jan 1 sets a week or two earlier and other years they have let the shelves sit empty(last year).

Last Modular was announced on Monday Dec 6th.

Edited by 24nolf

On 11/12/2022 at 3:44 AM, MartyMcFly said:

Is it a jazz club or a music hall.  The poster says Andy Sax live at the music hall.  Might be similar, but a music hall is not the same as a jazz club.

I think a music hall is just a room where music is played. 

Or at least it is a jazz club’s name. For example Parisian restaurant has a business logo saying “Albert”, I think? 

If the rumors are true and we are getting a jazz club, I hope we get a saxophonist, after all the saxophone is an iconic jazz instrument (I am disappointed we didn't see a saxophonist in the Jazz ideas set)

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

If the rumors are true and we are getting a jazz club, I hope we get a saxophonist, after all the saxophone is an iconic jazz instrument (I am disappointed we didn't see a saxophonist in the Jazz ideas set)

Maybe even some new instrument moulds? A trumpet? A bass?