The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

If you build the new hulkbuster ucs backwards you’ll read skyscraper in it. Next modular will be a skyscraper

I heard it can transform into a giant robot. Also I wonder if it still has karate chopping action and laser beam eyes that can fry an egg at 10 feet, and who could forget built in A.I.!

(I'm having too much fun doing this!)

1 hour ago, Borex said:

If you build the new hulkbuster ucs backwards you’ll read skyscraper in it. Next modular will be a skyscraper

Just like Daily Bugle from Marvel theme, I tink that would be cool. 

8 hours ago, Borex said:

Ah, but Tony Stark isn't wearing shoes, which means it will actually be a construction site.

According to Brick Clicker, it will be a pizzeria and jazz club. If true, the hint in Boutique hotel was actually a real hint! Which is very cool. 

Edit: It was a bit unclear in the video. I thought he showed a leaked picture of the modular. Turns out it was not, just an example taken from an Ideas-set.

Edited by Bainter-ban

39 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

According to Brick Clicker, it will be a pizzeria and jazz club. If true, the hint in Boutique hotel was actually a real hint! Which is very cool. 

Edit: It was a bit unclear in the video. I thought he showed a leaked picture of the modular. Turns out it was not, just an example taken from an Ideas-set.

Pretty close. It says Music Hall-not exactly Jazz club like- but the man advertised is a sax player. 

I’m all for this. It’s a very weird pairing, but I’m intrigued. They know what they’re doing. 

there is a blurred image on instagram.  a dark red building, with a small green part, and the "jazz" sign ... I hope it's fake 😶

ok ok I found it on google 😁 

Edited by Legocentrico

I’m really curious what the next Modular building will look like. I mean a pizza shop and jazz shop with a high piece count (only about 100 pieces less than Boutique Hotel’s). 

I’m really interested what it would look like!

There's a better picture on instagram now... but is it not possible it's just some misleading posting? Looks nothing like the modulars from the last years, very simple and not very big for the asked price.

It would be interesing if that pizzeria has some reference from Lego Island. You know, Pepper Roni and his Mama and Papa! I think I remember Papa and Maa play piano?

I could see a Pizzaeria/Jazz/Music Club could have a very Harlem or Chicago vibe to it. I could also see them going for a New Orleans style building. Although that would be weird with a Pizza place. You would think more Seafood. Never trust pics this early. They are almost always fake and of somebodies MOC. 

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

I could see a Pizzaeria/Jazz/Music Club could have a very Harlem or Chicago vibe to it. I could also see them going for a New Orleans style building. Although that would be weird with a Pizza place. You would think more Seafood. Never trust pics this early. They are almost always fake and of somebodies MOC. 

Yes, perhaps Chicago and New York are the two that come on top of the list for where pizza and jazz may coexist in one building!

I’m pretty disappointed if we’re getting another eatery - cafe, bakery, green grocer, French restaurant, diner, another bakery, another cafe and a rooftop bar!

But, I’m hopeful that the Modular, once officially revealed, will still impress me. 

I'm not surprised we are getting another eatery. The Modular's seem to include food every few ones. And given Lego's obsessive love of Pizza we've been long overdue. I'm more surprised about something like a Jazz Club. Which seems a bit esoteric of a subject matter. On par with a "Modular Beat Poetry Club". I figured for music we have been long overdue for a Record Store. Given all of the nice record and album prints we have now. 

9 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Can't wait to see and hear more. An interesting pairing.

Can see it now. The pizzeria is a front for the mob & the Don is sitting up in the club in the VIP section. :tongue:

When I heard about pairing a pizza parlour with a jazz club, my first thoughts were:

(1) If it were me, I would pair a pizza place with an arcade.  Every American from the 1980s knows where I am going with this.  

(2) If it were me, I would pair a Jazz club with seafood (particularly shrimp and crawfish(using the Lego lobster pieces) or maybe a po-boy shop.  Then, the building would be some type of New Orleans French Quarter structure complete with a wrought iron balcony.  Since it is pizza and jazz, I must concur with Faefrost that this would be more Chicago or New York in nature.  

I wonder if there will be a third level with an apartment, given we are now at the $230 level.  

Does anybody have a link to the picture mentioned above?

All I find are pics of (older) MOCs...

I think people here were referring only to those MOC pictures. There is nothing official now

The picture you are searching is the same that Brick Clicker used in the video but that's not an official image of the actual set. Is just a MOC.