The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The Boutique Hotel appears to have gone on sale in AU / NZ without any GWP attached -- not even the keycard we saw leaked. Could that be for a specific region -- did we see the lid in more than one language?

1 hour ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

The Boutique Hotel appears to have gone on sale in AU / NZ without any GWP attached -- not even the keycard we saw leaked. Could that be for a specific region -- did we see the lid in more than one language?

I seem to remember that the GWP didn’t get released on the first day with another modular a couple of years back.  Maybe my memory fails me because I can’t think which one it was.

Year of the Tiger GWP is probably released within 2 weeks since the New Year is February 1st.

The reason I mention it because it's a GWP with a time limit that wouldn't make sense to be after February 1st.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/29/2021 at 6:26 AM, westracing01 said:

Despite the negativity we all know a lot of us will be there first thing Saturday to buy it and that the set will sell out by mid next week. 

I fully plan to be in line Saturday morning at the Lego Store to get mine. 

Maybe even before that.  Last year, we were there an hour before opening and there were already a dozen people there.  When the store opened, the line was big enough where I doubt that there was enough new stock for everyone.  It is going to have to be an hour and a half this time.  I told my son if he is going with me, he should bring a handheld video game or something to entertain him.  I expect the usual onsite crash tonight with those trying to get it shipped to them.  I prefer the store, mainly because I can start building it when I get home.  

With price adjustments , looks like 10255: Assembly Square went up to €260 in Germany from €240. (was already €260 in NL) , and it went from £ 180 to £ 230 in UK.

33 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

With price adjustments , looks like 10255: Assembly Square went up to €260 in Germany from €240. (was already €260 in NL) , and it went from £ 180 to £ 230 in UK.

It went up to approximately € 290 in Norway (yes, we are blessed with outrageous prices from Lego) from € 250 or € 290. Glad I just bought it from another retailer here for € 190. 

Got no GWP with the Hotel. Weird. I'll probably get CITY sets soon anyhow. The GWP in US shows for an over $40 city set.

Edited by brickbuilder711

9 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Maybe even before that.  Last year, we were there an hour before opening and there were already a dozen people there.  When the store opened, the line was big enough where I doubt that there was enough new stock for everyone.  It is going to have to be an hour and a half this time.  I told my son if he is going with me, he should bring a handheld video game or something to entertain him.  I expect the usual onsite crash tonight with those trying to get it shipped to them.  I prefer the store, mainly because I can start building it when I get home.  

This is me as well. I prefer the store because this is a set I want in hand ASAP. A fiend & I were gonna go to a different store because we heard the BaM & Wall are fully open. But since were unsure of the line situation we decided to stick to our usual route. Our line doesn’t really start forming until about 45 mins before opening. 

Was expecting the Lego store GWP 40258 to be offered 1/1/22.  See no store calendar for Jan 2022 also.  Must be a lack of supply thing.  Hope they still offer it sometime this year in the US.

There is no point in giving us a GWP 1/1-22 since a lot of you have no patience and will buy the modular day one anyway :devil: They will give us a GWP later to try to get the stingy ones like me to buy it for full price :tongue:

BriqFoundation is claiming that there will be a vintage taxi as a GWP for $200 spend on January 28 or 29 (going through into February if it lasts). He's used a photo of the Daily Bugle taxi, which may be throwing me off, but the jump from $85 for the teal Ideas car to $200 for a taxi seems a lot. Maybe it's because they can, or a good way to stop people getting loads at the expense of others.

It might be that it's themed to go with the hotel?

Also, Marc says that the hotel gift card is a GWP only in China.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

BriqFoundation is claiming that there will be a vintage taxi as a GWP for $200 spend on January 28 or 29 (going through into February if it lasts). He's used a photo of the Daily Bugle taxi, which may be throwing me off, but the jump from $85 for the teal Ideas car to $200 for a taxi seems a lot. Maybe it's because they can, or a good way to stop people getting loads at the expense of others.

I really like the idea getting creator expert style cars in minifig scale that fit in the modular city on a regular basis.

The teal ideas car last year and now, if true, the taxi.

I would appreciate if Lego made a own series out if it like the speed champions. There is much potential. From civilian cars to public transport and police cars for example.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Also, Marc says that the hotel gift card is a GWP only in China.

Whilst getting another Creator Expert GWP car would be fab, I’ve decided to go ahead and order my BH now, as I’ve a funny feeling they’ll sell out before I get a chance to own one, rather like the situation with the space shuttle earlier in the year.

FYI, In Western Canada, there was no gift with ordering the Boutique Hotel last night at midnight (which was 11:01 PM Dec 31 for us). I was able to order fast and easily -- the first non-issue I've had with ordering at "midnight" for a modular or any other order on January 1. It took my 45 seconds to get to the confirmation screen and another minute or so to get the order confirmation email in my inbox. When I saw that no Gift With Purchase was added to my basket, I was disappointed. But I decided to get two sets right out of the gate for the same reason others have mentioned: so I don't run into a lack of stock later in the month or in a few months. If this vintage taxi does turn out to be available at the end of January, and if it's a cool build like the teal car, I suspect there will be other sets I could buy at that point (perhaps the Daily Bugle which we'd like to modify and put in our neighbourhood). Also, this morning I woke to another email indicating my order has shipped and I already have a tracking number. I'm actually hopeful the kiddos and I might have the Boutique Hotel to build by next weekend. 

My Lego Store was very well stocked on the Hotel today! I picked up the fourth or fifth one and an employee was already restocking the shelves and there was still plenty more available. It was my first time going to a Lego Store at opening on a big release day so it was a cool experience. The only bummer was the lack of a promo but it’s no big deal.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

There is no point in giving us a GWP 1/1-22 since a lot of you have no patience and will buy the modular day one anyway :devil: They will give us a GWP later to try to get the stingy ones like me to buy it for full price :tongue:

Exactly this. Most months the freebies don't start until the 4-6th because everyone buys the stuff as soon as it comes out. I'm in no rush.

Just got back from the store, and the love for the BH is definitely there.  I was sixth in line an hour and a half prior to opening.  At opening, the line went fairly far back from the store entrance.  One of the employees indicated that they did not get all expected shipments in, therefore some new sets were not in store.  This might also explain why there is no GWP for today.  As we were leaving the mall, I noticed there were not many BH's left.  The only problem with waiting a few days for the GWP offer would of course be the risk of the main item you want being OOS, which is entirely possible.  Now, it is time to start building the hotel!

Bought my first modular today, I saw they'd upped the price of the bookshop so I bought it at another retailer before they followed suit. Had some gift cards from Christmas so that sealed the deal. I'll build it on a spare 32x32 baseplate as I want to steal the 2 16x32s for a moc project.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Bought my first modular today, I saw they'd upped the price of the bookshop so I bought it at another retailer before they followed suit. Had some gift cards from Christmas so that sealed the deal. I'll build it on a spare 32x32 baseplate as I want to steal the 2 16x32s for a moc project.

You can order 16x32 plates from Bricks and Pieces, the blue ones are $4.76USD and green is $5.40USD. Just in case you need more for your MOC.

Just finished building it. It was a very fun build. A lot of cool interior details & technique to make the slanted wall was neat. Even got a few new color spares to add to the palette plate. 

I finished floors 1 and 2 thus far. I’ve liked the interior furniture builds and nothing really else. The build keeps me thinking there’s so much wasted space with the building design. 

Oh well, LEGO has my money. 

Got it yesterday. Line was insane but the Lego Store employees came down the line with little tags of the different new sets and handed them out to everyone based on what they wanted. Walked in the store, handed it to the cashier, he handed me the hotel, poof, done.

Will begin building today after I run some errands. No gift unfortunately.