The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did Police Station get revealed a few days before Jan 1 last year?

It was revealed at the end of November - I think there was a leak and it forced TLG to reveal early.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Second to last week of December???

That would be the lastest reveal ever for a Modular, right?

I don’t remember about the Police Station being revealed last year?

Just now, alvinofdiaspar said:

It was revealed at the end of November - I think there was a leak and it forced TLG to reveal ear,y.

Really? I can’t remember that reveal at end of November.  In that case, I will take it 

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I can't help but notice the highlighted days on the December Lego calendar. May mean something...or nothing at all.

** This is merely an observation and not based on any kind of inside knowledge.

I assume it's a combination of announcements and promotions. We are expecting at least one more Christmas GWP, probably a double VIP points day, Jan 1 promo and another promo day for leftover GWP sets... announcements for Jan 1 sets for Star Wars, expert(modular), ideas(Sonic), etc.. Plus some PR announcements probably centered on donating Lego for the holidays and on environmental progress(new paper bags/PAB packaging).

Promobricks says that there will be a double VIP event Dec 10-11. And that there will be a GWP promotion starting Dec 6 that isn't on the calendar.

They also speculate that the white reindeer is in the Santa's Living Room GWP or another, as yet unknown GWP. I'm not so sure about this, as the reindeer graphic is also currently used in the store displays and I think it's likely a graphic design decision to look nice and blend in with the white aesthestic of a Christmas snow scene, rather than a large area of colour alongside the large area of colour on the girl. They have loads of rebuild the world things in the store displays and calendars that are great, but never turn into sets.

LEGO Store Calendar December 2021: Preview of new set and double VIP points? (promobricks.de)

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Promobricks says that there will be a double VIP event Dec 10-11. And that there will be a GWP promotion starting Dec 6 that isn't on the calendar.

They also speculate that the white reindeer is in the Santa's Living Room GWP or another, as yet unknown GWP. I'm not so sure about this, as the reindeer graphic is also currently used in the store displays and I think it's likely a graphic design decision to look nice and blend in with the white aesthestic of a Christmas snow scene, rather than a large area of colour alongside the large area of colour on the girl. They have loads of rebuild the world things in the store displays and calendars that are great, but never turn into sets.

LEGO Store Calendar December 2021: Preview of new set and double VIP points? (promobricks.de)

I agree with what you said about the reindeer and would add that the reindeer isn't white...it's an off-white/gray color that Lego doesn't produce. Maybe it's a new color for 2022? Sand gray? Sand white?

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Yeah I 100% agree with you on that white reindeer part. It made me more curious and wondering more. I can’t tell if it’s just a real molded reindeer or a simple graphic. So I think you are right it’s graphic design for calendar. But that reindeer does look very nice. 

I think it would be very neat to have a white reindeer in real world one day. :) 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did Police Station get revealed a few days before Jan 1 last year?

Previous Modular announcement dates:

• Nov 29, 2020 (as part of a Black Friday stream promoting other D2C sets)
  • Dec 6, 2019 
  • Dec 3, 2018
  • Nov 30 2017 

(the 2018 or 2019 reveal coincided with an Asian toy fair...per my faulty memory)

15 hours ago, 24nolf said:

I was also told many of 2021's product announcements had been planned for two weeks prior to release but were announced sooner because of leaks(implying the same could happen here). 

My impression is that a lot of sets leak 24 hours or less before the reveal lately because all the press material are sent out then and they are  shared with someone who leak them, or sometimes a store employee take a picture of a new set when it arrives in the store. It is not like the have revealed CMF series 22 even if they leaked some time ago :sceptic:

44 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Yes.

I totally missed the retirement of Corner Garage (stupid me for not paying attention)  - thankfully I got a good deal from Bricklink - arriving today! :)

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

4 hours ago, Brickham said:

Is the Corner Garage gone for good do you think?

In the past, I've seen them list retiring sets as out of stock and then they have reappeared for end of year sales and the like so I wouldn't give up hope.

16 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

In the past, I've seen them list retiring sets as out of stock and then they have reappeared for end of year sales and the like so I wouldn't give up hope.

Amazon sometimes gets more in stock, but I doubt it will return to LEGO.com.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Amazon sometimes gets more in stock, but I doubt it will return to LEGO.com.

I wouldn't wait too long if going the aftermarket route either, the prices haven't appreciated that much at this point - I basically managed to get it at price on BL a few days ago.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar

It happened to me for the Brick Bank. But I got it at Amazon for the original price. And I always checked back they had It available more than twice for the original price at different times of that year. 

Just keep an eye out an get it asap, but I wouldn't pay more than the og  price.

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

My impression is that a lot of sets leak 24 hours or less before the reveal lately because all the press material are sent out then and they are  shared with someone who leak them, or sometimes a store employee take a picture of a new set when it arrives in the store. It is not like the have revealed CMF series 22 even if they leaked some time ago :sceptic:

Some of that used to be true...but Lego has made some changes. My understanding is that Lego no longer ships D2C sets to stores before announcements. Press releases are no longer given out early which is why you will see reviews posted before press releases(always odd to see). They have heightened security at places that used to cause leaks. They have narrowed the outlets that receive sets early and finally they delay the shipping of D2C sets to outside retailers to prevent leaks. 

Sets that are sent to outside retailers early such as CMF's are difficult to control. Same goes for licensed D2C sets. For example there is a good chance the Star Wars leaks we get are from folks working at Disney.

Edited by 24nolf

I don't understand why LEGO doesn't give us video, teaser, or silhouette pics of the entire modular like they do for some other big sets. It would be nice to see while we all anxiously away the new modular.

Very weird

They revealed today a set for March 1st

The revealed the VIDIYO sets a well 6 months before release 

15 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

I don't understand why LEGO doesn't give us video, teaser, or silhouette pics of the entire modular like they do for some other big sets. It would be nice to see while we all anxiously away the new modular.

Lego teased the modular last year about 48 hours before the announcement. So it's reasonable to expect a teaser in a couple weeks assuming an announcement roughly two weeks before Jan 1.

Last years modular teaser: https://www.picklebricks.com/post/the-lego-group-teases-2021-modular-building

3 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

It happened to me for the Brick Bank. But I got it at Amazon for the original price. And I always checked back they had It available more than twice for the original price at different times of that year. 

Just keep an eye out an get it asap, but I wouldn't pay more than the og  price.

It happened with me and the Brick Bank too after the LEGO S@H was a mess. However that was 2018, it's 2021 and nothing is the same.

I'm not paying a single cent over $200 for the set. It's why I didn't buy it in January, September or October. I just don't care for the set. It's just not to the level of the other ones. 

3 minutes ago, Maple said:

It happened with me and the Brick Bank too after the LEGO S@H was a mess. However that was 2018, it's 2021 and nothing is the same.

I'm not paying a single cent over $200 for the set. It's why I didn't buy it in January, September or October. I just don't care for the set. It's just not to the level of the other ones. 

It's a good set...the problem is that's not on the level of the Parisian through Diner. The sets after the Diner just haven't been as good as that five year run and that's a high bar. 

1 minute ago, 24nolf said:

It's a good set...the problem is that's not on the level of the Parisian through Diner. The sets after the Diner just haven't been as good as that five year run and that's a high bar. 

It's not a good set to me. It's fine. But it needed another spin in a redesign. I hate the first floor and the next two needed some more work.

If I can get it for $200 then fine, if not I'll also live.

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

It's not a good set to me. It's fine. But it needed another spin in a redesign. I hate the first floor and the next two needed some more work.

If I can get it for $200 then fine, if not I'll also live.

I agree 100% with that commentary. The Garage, Bookshop and Police Station all suffer on the interior. The lack of detail and cutting back the size of the interior(Bookshop & Police station) I assume is to keep costs down. The bookshop is a complete joke on the inside. The previous five modulars had great interiors that never felt like they cut corners on anything. 

Edited by 24nolf

Considering this release is celebrating 15th Anniversary of the Modular line this could have some marketing plan attached to it’s unveiling. 

i remember when the Assembly Square was coming they teased it a month before the actual announcement. It was a silhouette teaser on the employee intranet page. I am hoping that since this is an Anniversary set that its a large one on the scale of A/S and that the price rumor is wrong.