The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

6 hours ago, 24nolf said:

Yes.
One rumor from last year said Jamie was designing something with an art theme…so maybe that rumor was correct just off by a year. 

The rumor said the main theme is art. Looking at what is described the main theme is hotel. The other theme was supposed to be food related. Yes you can eat at hotels but it's again not close. Than there are other details like missing car, that was described in the rumor but isn't mentioned now. 

I was quite sceptical about this particular rumor last year and still am. But it would be a nice surprise if it was Jamie. 

1 hour ago, Kallego said:

I was quite sceptical about this particular rumor last year and still am. But it would be a nice surprise if it was Jamie. 

The problem is that fantastic Lego designers like Jamie after a few years gets promoted and soon they are not designing sets at all, but leading a team of designers, judging Lego masters etc. It that is what they want then good for them (and mostly our loss), however I wish more of them do like Marcos Bessa. He basically decided that he was most happy designing Lego sets and started doing that again after years of mostly leading others. Just wait and see as we loose people like Mike Psiaki and Justin Ramsden as designers to administration :sceptic:

My point is that Jamie probably have no time to design next years modular, but I would be happy to be proven wrong :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

What a silly question.

Excuse me? How many Jamies do you know then? What a silly response you have. 

16 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Berard :)

Thank you!! :)

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Excuse me? How many Jamies do you know then? What a silly response you have. 

Thank you!! :)

He's poking fun. Jamie Berard is the Lego Lead Designer who personally created the Modular Line, He designed the first 5 Modulars himself. Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Starting with Town Hall he switched off doing every other, than just the special ones like Assembly Square. He runs the whole Creator Expert/18+ line these days. But to explain his poking fun at you Jamie Berard is sort of the Patient Saint of Modular sets and builders. To us there is only 1 Jamie :pir-wub:

If Jamie is designing the Hotel, than I would expect a story of some kind to go with it. However, whatever story they choose and its consequences on the set are unknown.

7 hours ago, Faefrost said:

He's poking fun. Jamie Berard is the Lego Lead Designer who personally created the Modular Line, He designed the first 5 Modulars himself. Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Starting with Town Hall he switched off doing every other, than just the special ones like Assembly Square. He runs the whole Creator Expert/18+ line these days. But to explain his poking fun at you Jamie Berard is sort of the Patient Saint of Modular sets and builders. To us there is only 1 Jamie :pir-wub:

Thank you for your time explaning! I appreciate that.

I was just trying to find that Jamie’s last name so I could check his past desgins, that’s why I asked a “which is Jamie” question. So yeah…

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you for your time explaning! I appreciate that.

I was just trying to find that Jamie’s last name so I could check his past desgins, that’s why I asked a “which is Jamie” question. So yeah…

It’s also just nice if people take simple questions at face value sometime, as we shouldn’t assume everyone has the same level of understanding or knowledge, or be on first name terms with designers ;) 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, Herky said:

saw this on YouTube, I guess I missed the Lego ad they reference with the sign and possibly the building itself:  LEGO 2022 Modular Building Leak - New Hotel & Art Gallery - YouTube

The Damp Knight advert has lots of buildings in it that are released and some playful mashup homages to older buildings. In the same way the Detectives office/Barbers was referenced in a previous rebuild the world ad.

if one crawls through the damp knight ad, there is actually a tiny shot of a building which could fit the descriptions we’ve heard, just in a different colour.

The description of the 2022 set has finally convinced me to get into the theme.

By chance I then stumbled across Assembly Square at nearly £40 off at Smyths Toys. Couldn’t say no at that price!

12 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

The description of the 2022 set has finally convinced me to get into the theme.

By chance I then stumbled across Assembly Square at nearly £40 off at Smyths Toys. Couldn’t say no at that price!

That’s a fab price.  I’ve seen a couple of ‘B’ model builds for this set, and if I had the money, I’d be straight round for a second copy.

So, Corner Garage is set to retire soon on the Euro Lego store and is currently sold out. Do you think it will come back in stock before its gone for good? 

From experience they should have stock back up ready for the holiday season, but they sell out fast and even more fast if it is retiring. 

Hey all, I know the Corner Garage is confirmed to be retiring soon but is the Assembly Square also retiring? Is it possible both will retire this year? If so I do not know why they would only advertise one on the retiring soon page. I have a lot of purchases coming up and would love if I could save the Assembly Square for early next year. If only the Garage is confirmed to be retiring, what are the odds they have secret intentions to retire another modular at the same time with no confirmation? Would they do this? I feel like if I only see the Corner Garage as retiring soon, the Assembly Square should still be available for another year. Any thoughts?

I think the Assembly Square will be around another year or so. But that said; the Assembly Square is a great modular that will go up fast if it does go unexpectedly. I would get it sooner than later.

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

Hey all, I know the Corner Garage is confirmed to be retiring soon but is the Assembly Square also retiring? Is it possible both will retire this year? If so I do not know why they would only advertise one on the retiring soon page. I have a lot of purchases coming up and would love if I could save the Assembly Square for early next year. If only the Garage is confirmed to be retiring, what are the odds they have secret intentions to retire another modular at the same time with no confirmation? Would they do this? I feel like if I only see the Corner Garage as retiring soon, the Assembly Square should still be available for another year. Any thoughts?

According to Brickset’s retirement stat, you have until the end of next year to get it. I assume those dates are form TLG so they’re reliable enough. But I suppose it could retire anytime before then. 

I bought Assembly Square in January without freebies because I thought it would retire. I don't think it's ever going to retire. :laugh: 

In the USA Kohl's sells it for $280 and yesterday you got back $90 in Kohl's cash or something that you then could spend on more LEGO. It's the best deal I have seen for the set.

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

According to Brickset’s retirement stat, you have until the end of next year to get it. I assume those dates are form TLG so they’re reliable enough. But I suppose it could retire anytime before then. 

I called customer service about this. Basically what they said is since Modulars are Lego exclusives they are always updated when retiring so they would advertise both on the retiring soon page if they were retiring. This leads me to believe I should be good to buy that in January, but I may get it earlier just in case. Still need the Roller Coaster, Ninjago Sorcerers Dungeon, Stranger Things Upside Down, Pet Shop and Cafe as well, so not really looking forward to squeezing this in but based on what I was told this should be available January, since the modulars tend to be accurately advertised when retiring, they said its incredibly unlikely to retire two and only advertise one as retiring soon, especially considering the site specifically only updates retiring status for big exclusive sets like this. Still questioning whether I want the ship in a bottle too lol.

8 hours ago, Maple said:

I bought Assembly Square in January without freebies because I thought it would retire. I don't think it's ever going to retire. :laugh: 

In the USA Kohl's sells it for $280 and yesterday you got back $90 in Kohl's cash or something that you then could spend on more LEGO. It's the best deal I have seen for the set.

Woah I saw this online you’re right! Definitely may head to my local Kohls then because I may be able to get 4 Privet Drive free if i buy the assembly square 🤔🤔

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I called customer service about this. Basically what they said is since Modulars are Lego exclusives they are always updated when retiring so they would advertise both on the retiring soon page if they were retiring. This leads me to believe I should be good to buy that in January, but I may get it earlier just in case. Still need the Roller Coaster, Ninjago Sorcerers Dungeon, Stranger Things Upside Down, Pet Shop and Cafe as well, so not really looking forward to squeezing this in but based on what I was told this should be available January, since the modulars tend to be accurately advertised when retiring, they said its incredibly unlikely to retire two and only advertise one as retiring soon, especially considering the site specifically only updates retiring status for big exclusive sets like this. Still questioning whether I want the ship in a bottle too lol.

Woah I saw this online you’re right! Definitely may head to my local Kohls then because I may be able to get 4 Privet Drive free if i buy the assembly square 🤔🤔

Exactly! Also Kohl's has a credit card and if you sign up you get 35% off your first purchase. There are exceptions but from what I see LEGO isn't listed so that might be worth a try too.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:56 PM, RichardGoring said:

Forgive the very crude sketch, but when I read the description on Promobricks, this is what I had in mind.

51590725770_60c30eaf71_b.jpg

It's just how I interpreted it, but it would be a way to get a triangular building, gallery and roof terrace as they described, onto a baseplate that connects with others.

That looks pretty cool, hope it looks something like that.  The Modular buildings are one of the things that got me back into LEGO after my dark ages.  I got the bookshop at loved it.  I also went back and got the Downtown Diner and am currently working on the Police Station.