The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The only thing I know is that the next modular will be hotel and the recommended price is 200 euros. I don't know how many parts there will be or what the design is. I just hope it’s different from Cafe Corner.

44 minutes ago, Ogist said:

The only thing I know is that the next modular will be hotel and the recommended price is 200 euros. I don't know how many parts there will be or what the design is. I just hope it’s different from Cafe Corner.

Thanks for the info.

I found this. Mike makes it clear we are never getting "releases". But down the line we may get remakes. Not happening anytime soon though. So no Cafe Corner remake in the near future.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-retired-modular-buildings/

Edited by 24nolf

A hotel will certainly have additional space uses, like a restaurant, boutique etc... so I see a lot of great potential. However how a building like that will look next to the police station is a different matter. 

It’s expected to be a corner of course, and possibly 32x48.  Personally I’d like a hotel quite similar in architecture to Grand Emporium to differentiate it from Cafe Corner.  I think of CC as being quite a modest town hotel - I’d like a much grander city hotel.  Perhaps a rooftop pool?  If it’s a hotel I really hope it’s just a single purpose modular (let’s face it it really should be) - the first since PC in 2013.

My dream would be one like the Palace Hotel, San Francisco, where I stayed for two nights the summer before Covid.  Coincidentally, it was inside that very hotel in room 8064 on the night of 2nd August 1923 that President Warren G. Harding mysteriously died.

I wonder if a Cafe Corner redesign could be in order as a hotel for the 15th anniversary. Considering how much LEGO is willing to do rereleases/remakes of late, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised...

Hmmm a hotel set, huh? 

I would hope that hotel hve similar archiecture to one famous hotel in New York City but not goons happen. 

I’ve always wanted a Lego Hotel so hopefully that’s what the 2022 Modular ends up being.

Edited by The Stud

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmmm a hotel set, huh? 

I would hope that hotel hve similar archiecture to one famous hotel in New York City but not goons happen. 

Guessing you mean the Plaza?  Brilliant hotel architecturally, so something similar would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Guessing you mean the Plaza?  Brilliant hotel architecturally, so something similar would be awesome.

Yup, that’s the Plaza Hotel! :)

Because Assembly Square is staying with us for another year, I don’t think they will mention any anniversaries (unlike with the town hall) 

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmmm a hotel set, huh? 

ooo! Maybe one of the World Famous Bowery Flophouses? 

portfolio01_big.jpg

With so many remakes and D2Cs coming out than ever before, I really hope there is some way for lego to do re-leases or remakes of older modulars. I know they said they won't do straight up re-releases, but I would not mind remakes in a different color or improved interiors/exteriors. Maybe remakes that you can only buy direct from lego.com so they can save on distribution costs? The brick bank retired before I could get it and I've been beating myself over it ever since, it's value has skyrocketed extremely fast. Frankly, paying more than 2x for a set retired not so long ago is ridiculous to me and I can't justify it, even if I were a wealthy person

Edited by Bobbtom

I’m happy with a hotel. I wonder what the story would be? Probably not a murder. Maybe a burglary? Or a big event? 

I’d also be very happy if Lego did recoloured re-releases of older Modulars. I personally don’t need expanded / complete interiors. A red Market Street, a Blue Grocer, etc would all be great.

Edited by Agent 86

A Hotel sounds interesting, certainly not my top pick for what I'd like to see. I swear in one of the Designer videos I saw once, one of them said they'd like a Hotel next, probably was a hint we all missed if it is a Hotel. 

I would love to see some recoloured/remake sets, I only started collecting the modulars recently and there's no way i'll ever afford most of the older sets (atm I have everything post Palace Cinema). I would love to see the Grand Emporium remade to have more interrior details, it has so much potential for new shops. A new Fire Brigade would be perfect as I feel like everyone new to modulars will have the Police Station and never have the other important emergancy service. If they took out the bookshop and just sold the townhouse with different colours and street numbers that would be perfect too.

If it is a hotel, hopefully the whole building will be devoted to it.  Even so, you would probably have 3 rooms at best in addition to the lobby.  I can envision a couple of rooms above the ground level and then perhaps a larger suite above that.  There could be an elevator.  There might be a small cafe or breakfast room with the lobby.  The minibuilds would include various furniture and a bag cart.  

Hopefully it is true.  I would really like to see at least a temporary return to a one building/one function modular.  

11 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

If it is a hotel, hopefully the whole building will be devoted to it.  Even so, you would probably have 3 rooms at best in addition to the lobby.  I can envision a couple of rooms above the ground level and then perhaps a larger suite above that.  There could be an elevator.  There might be a small cafe or breakfast room with the lobby.  The minibuilds would include various furniture and a bag cart.  

Hopefully it is true.  I would really like to see at least a temporary return to a one building/one function modular.  

I would imagine 4 rooms, two to each floor. Then the ground floor would be the counter/lobby & a waiting area or eating area. And being a corner, we’ll get some extra floor space thanks to not having any open area I’m the back. 

Edited by Vindicare

Hotel for this year......ok.  Already have one in the CC, maybe this years will be very upscale.  Can moc the CC into more of a budget hotel.  Wonder if a vehicle will come with it?  Maybe a taxi?

On 9/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, Ogist said:

Do you know the set number?

I saw someone over on Instagram, don’t remember the name, who said it was going to be a hospital. Has anyone heard this? I can’t imagine a hotel & hospital getting mixed up. Seeing as they just did an emergency service building I don’t think they’d come right back with another. 

The hospital will be in the "city". I also would like to see modular hospital, but we will wait at least another year for that.

If we're scattergunning predictions, I bet that it will be a hotel/hospital/post office/railway station/school/library/butcher/baker/candlestick maker/car dealer/convenience store/pub/chippy/pizzaria/kebab joint/antique store/cattle market/abattoir/mews/bus depot/fishmongers/cheesemongers/vintners/drug den...

On the basis that it's got to be one of them, I'll get to sit smugly saying "I told you so..." :tongue: