The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, RichardGoring said:

Just seems an odd thing to change for $0.50 difference in a $170-$200 set. Especially when they're often so consistent. On the other hand, it gives you an extra 5-10 pieces to play with for more detail.

Yeah you got a good eye though as that was actually a lesser noticed part change than when they switched from 'classic smiley face' heads to the current and adding random 1-stud 'jumper plates' to the sidewalks.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:13 PM, BrickFit26 said:

TheBrickFan posted on his site that the Assembly Square is retiring next. :sad:

To be honest, I'm not at all surprised that it's retiring soon since it's already 4 years old. In fact, I thought it'd retire before the diner...

Sigh. Lego.com isn't working to take orders. Getting an unexpected error message when trying to add the police station to the cart.

1 minute ago, RichardGoring said:

Sigh. Lego.com isn't working to take orders. Getting an unexpected error message when trying to add the police station to the cart.

Same here.

I was actually able to get things in my bag but once I tried to checkout it all fell apart.

Now I can't even add to my bag.

4 minutes ago, lomis said:

Same here.

I was actually able to get things in my bag but once I tried to checkout it all fell apart.

Now I can't even add to my bag.

Same. Happy new year at least. Hmmmm, possibly tequila time.

1 minute ago, koalayummies said:

Same. Happy new year at least. Hmmmm, possibly tequila time.

Cheers!

Happy New Year!

4 minutes ago, lomis said:

Cheers!

Happy New Year!

Thanks fellow builder, cheers.

As an update its stuck in a loop of items in cart, error looks like somethings wrong no items in cart, items in cart, error looks like something went wrong no items in cart.

Multiple tries but finally succeeded in ordering Police Modular.  Real pain was crashing on entering the VIP discount codes. Will feel better when confirmation email arrives.   

Updated:

Email confirmation arrived, this IS a good new years :-)

Edited by Lego Conductor
Update

40 minutes now attempting to buy the Police Station.  Hope my kid is ready to get up early tomorrow and drive an hour to the Lego Store and get in line with everyone else who cant buy what they want.  

1 minute ago, Lego Conductor said:

Email confirmation arrived, this IS a good new years :-)

You lucky!

Just now, AFOLguy1970 said:

40 minutes now attempting to buy the Police Station.  Hope my kid is ready to get up early tomorrow and drive an hour to the Lego Store and get in line with everyone else who cant buy what they want.  

Don't give up, those east coasters will pass out soon! Unless you're on the east coast in which case its time to go to bed. :pir-huzzah2:

Just now, koalayummies said:

You lucky!

Don't give up, those east coasters will pass out soon! Unless you're on the east coast in which case its time to go to bed. :pir-huzzah2:

Except I will soon be competing with people in Denver and Salt Lake for a set.  Then an hour after that, the whole West Coast.  About 1 in 15 tries, I get in in the cart.  When I go to pay, then I get an error message, and the cart is emptied.  

Edited by AFOLguy1970
Add info

Except I will soon be competing with people in Denver and Salt Lake for a set.  Then an hour after that, the whole West Coast.  

Its available for everyone right now right? I was able to add to cart. Someone else said its available for North America at 12ET, is that not for everyone?

Just now, koalayummies said:

Its available for everyone right now right? I was able to add to cart. Someone else said its available for North America at 12ET, is that not for everyone?

Yeah, you're right.  Pretty much all of the Lego Western Hemisphere fan base is trying to get in or through checkout.  Epic fail.  

Yeah, you're right.  Pretty much all of the Lego Western Hemisphere fan base is trying to get in or through checkout.  Epic fail.  

Hey on the upside the four of us managed to make this thread go "HOT"!

Everyone who was having trouble before should give it another shot. Their IT people did some awesomeness. Or whoever it is that makes this internet stuff work, great job!

Good grief, after almost two hours of trying, my order finally went through (?). It now shows up as "In Process" on the website.

It's been years since my last set purchase from S@H, since I prefer to go to my local LEGO Stores, but due to a local lockdown, I thought I'd give the website a try after so long.

My, oh my, what a mess. It was fun crashing the website after about an hour, though. It felt like a collective effort coming to fruition.

Happy new year, folks!

Site Worked like a charm When i ordered this night. Everything was completed within a minute and bookshop ordered ( yes i am a little late).

Glad i did this last night instead of this morning as people seem struggling with the web site.

not to mention the Hangover!

What a cluster****...

Tried placing an order at 11pm CST and madness ensued so I went to sleep. I just woke up and was able to get the police station and Tuk Tuk. Hopefully the vintage car doesn't get cancelled on me...

Gaming consoles, Funko, LEGO...they never have their s*** together on major releases...

Back to sleep

I gave up after a few minutes and went to bed - children are too small to stay up too late, and certainly won't sleep late in the morning - but it worked fine just now. So had everything in my cart from last night's attempts to check out. Police station, bricks and pieces, and car GWP. Hurrah!

Looking on Reddit/Lego and here, I'm glad I didn't wait up for a couple of hours!

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

To be honest, I'm not at all surprised that it's retiring soon since it's already 4 years old. In fact, I thought it'd retire before the diner...

I actually got caught out by that...

This may seem like a stupid question, but if I backorder do I still get the promo?

Edited by Vilhelm22

39 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

This may seem like a stupid question, but if I backorder do I still get the promo?

If the GWP is in your cart when you check out, then yes. They usually do give you the GWP on Backorder items.

27 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

If the GWP is in your cart when you check out, then yes. They usually do give you the GWP on Backorder items.

In my order with a backordered item, LEGO cancelled my mindstorm GWP when they ran out of stock. So if the backorder takes too long (or forever like the gingerbread house), then you may not get the GWP.

Edited by badbob001

This photo from the official Police Station description on S@H, suggests that the Diner has indeed been retired, as it is not pictured alongside the other recent Modulars. So it also looks like Assembly Square may be sticking around for another year.

10278-Modular-PDP-202101-Hero-Standard-L

Edited by Brick387