The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 minutes ago, Options said:

Okay, let’s just focus on the new modular.  Leave the American politics out of it. My senator was, according to polls, in a dead heat with his opponent.  The senator won by almost 10%.  So, enough of the American police, the 13% who commit over 50% of robberies and murders in America and everything else tied to American politics.  I’m just thankful we have what appears to be another modular. I’ll focus on the new modular. Besides, the only reason to bring in American social issues is to give the rest of the world a good laugh.

I think your post contained 100 % American politics and 0 % on the new modular. How does that add up to the "leave the American politics out of it"?

1 hour ago, Options said:

The vast majority of Americans appreciate the police and what they do.  There shouldn’t be any problem whatsoever with this set in the USA.  One or 2 rogue policemen out of tens of thousands isn’t a reason for Lego to not make a police station.  We abhor the denial of due process as guaranteed in our constitution.  This Lego set in no way should be associated with any political situation in the USA.  I’m grateful for the police.  Even the one who pulled me over doing 90 in a 65 zone in my Audi S5.

Peace and happy holidays to all.

Ooof...kudos on broadcasting your ignorance for all to see. None of what you said is factual or even in good faith.

No one of any significance has called on LEGO to stop producing police sets or stop the marketing the sets. Their actions with marketing was done all on their own.

I hope you return to the fact, reality based society one day.

42 minutes ago, GoodGollyGosh said:

Great post. If anybody has quarrels with themes due to controversy then they should have the same attitudes towards Pirates (violence/pillaging), Knights (crusades/religion), Ninjas (racial stereotyping)  etc. You could almost make the case for every theme and dig deep to find negative things. At the end of the day, people can do whatever they do, and buy whatever they want, but to refuse to buy a childrens toy based on something that happened in the news is pathetic. 

Please point me to article from a significant source calling for LEGO to stop producing police sets.

Seems like you're creating a strawman at the moment.

53 minutes ago, ddavid said:

I think that the more Modulars I have, the least excited I get, as every new one shares some similaries with the old ones. That’s why I liked DD so much, as it is so different. But I like the police station enough to buy one (especially with the free car) 

I’m curious about the naming. It won’t be Police Station, as it overlaps with PS (Pet Shop). Maybe Police Office (PO) 

Yes. I have been thinking of the name as well. Can't be Police Centre too, as there is a PC (Palace Cinema). We do have the Detective Office, so Police Office may not be used? How about Police Headquarters?

7 minutes ago, darkhorse00 said:

Yes. I have been thinking of the name as well. Can't be Police Centre too, as there is a PC (Palace Cinema). We do have the Detective Office, so Police Office may not be used? How about Police Headquarters?

How about PD - Police department?

Anyway, I guess that the sign above the door says just "Police". 

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

That’s so simple it just might work!

Hmm... We've had:

CC - Cafe Corner
MS - Market Street
GG - Green Grocer
FB - Fire Brigade
GE - Grand Emporium
PS - Pet Shop
TH - Town Hall
PC - Palace Cinema
PR - Parisian Restaurant
DO - Detective's Office
BB - Brick Bank
AS - Assembly Square
DD - Downtown Diner
CG - Corner Garage
BS - Bookshop

So yes, PS for Police Station would clash with Pet Shop, but I doubt that Lego will have put much thought into that. If it is that, We Afols will just have to refer to it as PS2 ;) I don't think they'll call it Police Precinct as it's only really America where they're called Precincts. Maybe 'Station House', or 'Police HQ'?

6 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Hmm... We've had:

CC - Cafe Corner
MS - Market Street
GG - Green Grocer
FB - Fire Brigade
GE - Grand Emporium
PS - Pet Shop
TH - Town Hall
PC - Palace Cinema
PR - Parisian Restaurant
DO - Detective's Office
BB - Brick Bank
AS - Assembly Square
DD - Downtown Diner
CG - Corner Garage
BS - Bookshop

So yes, PS for Police Station would clash with Pet Shop, but I doubt that Lego will have put much thought into that. If it is that, We Afols will just have to refer to it as PS2 ;) I don't think they'll call it Police Precinct as it's only really America where they're called Precincts. Maybe 'Station House', or 'Police HQ'?

Ha!  I was thinking about this last night.  Except I found Bookshop BS to be rather generic.  I wondered why they did not go with Birch Books instead, except I realized that would clash with Brick Bank.  I guess we will find out soon.  Police Station seems very generic and as you say would clash with Pet Shop.  Police Precinct would get a good laugh, but then so does BS.  We will know soon....

47 minutes ago, TypoCorrecto said:

Ooof...kudos on broadcasting your ignorance for all to see. None of what you said is factual or even in good faith.

No one of any significance has called on LEGO to stop producing police sets or stop the marketing the sets. Their actions with marketing was done all on their own.

I hope you return to the fact, reality based society one day.

Please point me to article from a significant source calling for LEGO to stop producing police sets.

Seems like you're creating a strawman at the moment.

I didn't say that people were calling Lego out to stop producing police sets?

If they called it Station House, they'd have to be careful next year not to release an Italian Theatre :wink:

Edited by Paperballpark

17 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Hmm... We've had:

CC - Cafe Corner
MS - Market Street
GG - Green Grocer
FB - Fire Brigade
GE - Grand Emporium
PS - Pet Shop
TH - Town Hall
PC - Palace Cinema
PR - Parisian Restaurant
DO - Detective's Office
BB - Brick Bank
AS - Assembly Square
DD - Downtown Diner
CG - Corner Garage
BS - Bookshop

Those are just EB names right? And yeah, Bookshop is an awful name. I'm feeling "Police Headquarters" :classic:. We'll see

21 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Hmm... We've had:

CC - Cafe Corner
MS - Market Street
GG - Green Grocer
FB - Fire Brigade
GE - Grand Emporium
PS - Pet Shop
TH - Town Hall
PC - Palace Cinema
PR - Parisian Restaurant
DO - Detective's Office
BB - Brick Bank
AS - Assembly Square
DD - Downtown Diner
CG - Corner Garage
BS - Bookshop

Hmm, probably an unintentional pattern, but both names that ends with -shop are double buildings. :grin:

Guessing Police Precinct (PP) for the name 

also just saw a leaked image that looks like it matches the teaser  silhouette. 

if this is correct, wow, no complaints here

show what appears to be a donut shop next to a local government building so maybe Doughnut Shop (DS) for the name 

Guess we will know shortly 

52 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

That works too. Or how about County Police? Haha. Announcement is getting closer.

13 minutes ago, Fightingswords said:

.....also just saw a leaked image that looks like it matches the teaser  silhouette.....

Same picture as on page 379 of this thread or a different one?

14 hours ago, Brettski said:

Not a great pic but it does seem to be legit.

I'm actually not too sure if it's the real deal, but I'm loving it. It looks like a huge step up from Corner Garage and Bookshop.

Edited by JintaiZ
removed quoted pictures

27 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Those are just EB names right? And yeah, Bookshop is an awful name. I'm feeling "Police Headquarters" :classic:. We'll see

Yeah. Bookshop is the first one to describe the modular using only one word. But as what Jamie B always mentioned, each modular always seek to differ and surprise. I agree 'BS' sounds awful.

2 hours ago, ddavid said:

I think that the more Modulars I have, the least excited I get, as every new one shares some similaries with the old ones. That’s why I liked DD so much, as it is so different. But I like the police station enough to buy one (especially with the free car) 

I’m curious about the naming. It won’t be Police Station, as it overlaps with PS (Pet Shop). Maybe Police Office (PO) 

Is Police Office ever used? I've never heard of it. Police Station would be fine. who cares about the overlap of the initials.

Just now, Elysiumfountain said:

Or Police Precinct. But that would be PP and I think there'd be more jokes coming from that than BS :laugh:

We already discuss that it would be probably inproper since this term is used mainly in US :)

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

We already discuss that it would be probably inproper since this term is used mainly in US :)

Very true! You know, even the mind of Elysiumfountain, it has a tendency to forget :laugh: