The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

Is it a crook dangling a donut on a chain? 

Could be. Maybe he's trying to bribe the cops.

3 hours ago, Brettski said:

Not a great pic but it does seem to be legit.

2021 Modular.jpg

I dig what I see. I suspect it's legit. If it's a Jamie design, I can see that. Remnants of many of his buildings, including Detective's Office. I BET THERE'S A STORY ELEMENT.

Oh and is that sand purple on the left building?

22 minutes ago, Factioneer said:

Oh and is that sand purple on the left building?

I did not notice that before. It looks sand blue, but we will see tomorrow. It would be exciting if it is though! 

7 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

I really love the color scheme. That lavender is an excellent new choice.

Oh I think you're right that it is lavender and not sand purple. Wishful thinking on my part!

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, whatever is that dude in red?

That is the great mystery...which will be solved tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Factioneer said:

Oh I think you're right that it is lavender and not sand purple. Wishful thinking on my part!

Its a really good choice of color. Glad they went and tried a new color.

I am more than pleased. Finally nice modular police station. I am looking forward to put batsignal on the roof. Like it like it like it! Hope that there will be a police car... its a great miss otherwise.

By the way the window shades on second floor are most likely 3x2 dark blue flaps / flags with clips...

Thanks for the info. I wasn't expecting it yet. It looks interesting. And I like the concept of multiple buildings of varying widths

4 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I can’t even figure out what their accessory is? Maybe a police dog trainer and the ... fishing rod type thing is related to that? Except it doesn’t seem to include a police dog.

Maybe the picture do not include everything :shrug_oh_well: Still hope at least :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that a blue bird again, right?

Looks like it, but it better include more animals than that :wacko:

I like it very much. The donut shop is a classic and the newspaper stand is lovely! The build overall is something new, which will go very well in the city.

4 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

@theremin where you at?

Aside from being a police station and not art related, his description has looked very accurate to me...

Edited by stecube

My two cents of what I'm seeing:

Looks pretty good. I'm really liking the overall first impression. Looks bold and interesting. The composition of the buildings is rather awkward, not sure if in a good way. I think a single side building would have worked better (looks like two 6-wides?) as it's quite hard to get detail in ultra narrow façades. The green building seems to be suffering from a lack of cohesion (green, then brown, then bars for the prison?, plus it's burried miles behind anything else, though that might actually make it a cool unique building. But then also, a higher res image might to wonders (like it did for DD).

The building on the left is wonderful: nicely coloured and nicely proportioned and the roof detail looks exceptional. Not sold on the colour scheme, but we'll see. The actual police station looks better than expected. The ground level to me looks like TH 2.0 and the two upper levels work well the the repeating but alternating details; there seems to be some kind of grooving going on under the windows, let's see how it looks in the end. The building looks overall a bit like 123 Sesame Street. It feels a bit stretched, probably because one of its neighbours ss really short and the other is pushed so far back.

This is the modular up to now that offers the most architecture. It feels a lot more like a street rather than a building. The architecture here really seems miniaturised, but I bet that if you put this on its own, it would work to give the idea of "this is a city" more than any of the previous buildings. Overall digging it. Not adoring it. But I think that has been the case for every modular since I started looking forward to their releases in 2016. Seems like the most complete since DD. We'll see how they've tackled the back façades and the interiors for a final veredict.

Also, nice use of the newish gears in green as bushes. And lacking a figure in my opinion and maybe a dog for the police (again, they might be here but not shown in the image). I don't think this is a Berard design. Seems to me like it is a McVeigh. That billboard is so not Jamie.

6 minutes ago, stecube said:

Aside from being a police station and not art related, his description has looked very accurate to me...

:laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Also, nice use of the newish gears in green as bushes. And lacking a figure in my opinion and maybe a dog for the police (again, they might be here but not shown in the image). I don't think this is a Berard design. Seems to me like it is a McVeigh. That billboard is so not Jamie.

Nice, I didn't know what pieces those bushes were until you said it was those newish gears. :laugh: You might be right, it's quite different from what Jamie would design (but if it were really him, I would be obligated to love this Modular, but as it stands right now, I'm not digging how it looks.) I'm hoping the HD official images would reveal some more mind-blowing building techniques, as that would be the saving grace for this modular (for me at least.)

A police station was way down on my list of desired themes, but this looks great. A classical build with lots of details. Cannot wait to see the inside. Pleasantly surprised, and definitely a first-day purchase. 

44 minutes ago, stecube said:

I like it very much. The donut shop is a classic and the newspaper stand is lovely! The build overall is something new, which will go very well in the city.

Hmmm... A little bit.

Meanwhile, how does everyone feel with having a prison so near other modulars such as restaurants, other paces of business, and small homes?

Edited by BrickFit26

5 hours ago, Dakar A said:

Assuming the picture is legit, the interior should be interesting. In my modular police station I had a tough time fitting all the stuff I wanted to into a 48x32 footprint, so I'll be curious to see what the Lego designers opt to go for and what they ignore. I do like that ivy crawling down the side of the building and the bushes out front!

For sure we will see a computer if the designer is the guy in the presentation video :D 

I really like what I see! Curious if both narrow side buildings are different buildings or connected to the police station! Looks legit to me, too many details to just pull this out fast to fit the silhouette!

I just build the American diner and this building uses the full-wide of the baseplate bottom to top :pir-love:

Btw really nice job with your police station. I really don't like white colors ( associate it with the city sets and big tall bricks ) but yours looks fantastic! Nice exterior and interior. Really well done in my opinion!

Edited by DimiNi

33 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Hmmm... A little bit.

Meanwhile, how does everyone feel with having a prison so near other modulars such as restaurants, other paces of business, and small homes?

Funny thing, now that you mention it. I just bought an apartment in the middle of Oslo which is quite close to a prison (100 meters approx.). I actually didn't think about it at all. As the prison is in the middle of the city, you have restaurants, small homes etc. quite close to it. The buildings in the prison are however very old and preserved, and it's probably only a matter of time before the prison is moved out of the city (it will free up a lot of space for parks, businesses, etc.). 

Although there are many downsides to having a prison in a city (which I will not go into here), in principle, I like the idea of having a prison in the middle of a city. It means that prisoners are not excluded from the society, which I think is important for the recovery aspect of the prison inmates. 

Edited by Bainter-ban

Guys its a police station, not a prison :D people stay in police station prisons only over one or two nights, right? So its a bit different :) 

I reckon the red figure is a crook with a mace.  Seems like the most obvious thing to me.

Anyway, very impressed - I was very displeased when I first heard the Police Station rumours, but I really like and really want this!

23 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Funny thing, now that you mention it. I just bought an apartment in the middle of Oslo which is quite close to a prison (100 meters approx.). I actually didn't think about it at all. As the prison is in the middle of the city, you have restaurants, small homes etc. quite close to it. The buildings in the prison are however very old and preserved, and it's probably only a matter of time before the prison is moved out of the city (it will free up a lot of space for parks, businesses, etc.). 

Although there are many downsides to having a prison in a city (which I will not go into here), in principle, I like the idea of having a prison in the middle of a city. It means that prisoners are not excluded from the society, which I think is important for the recovery aspect of the prison inmates. 

I’d imagine Norwegian prisons are 5***** hotels compared to most countries :laugh:

As for this modular, as much as it’s intriguing and clearly has some interesting elements, I just can’t get past the police precinct/station theme. Seems particularly tone deaf from LEGO given events earlier this year.

Don’t really have room for it anyway, what with incoming other sets (Mos Eisley Cantina, Ninjago City Gardens) already having reserved space.

Edited by Lucarex