The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Boettner Builds said:

It looks like the green building on the right side (excluding the ground floor) is more of the police station. The green on the right (ground floor) looks like a newspaper stand.

Yeah the green side looks like a couple of holding cells. Although there are only five minifigs and aside from the red one, I don't see an actual criminal?

Just now, ExeSandbox said:

Yeah the green side looks like a couple of holding cells. Although there are only five minifigs and aside from the red one, I don't see an actual criminal?

The criminals are driving the GWP car! Odd that a police station wouldn’t include a police car. Unless it’s just not shown in this picture?

Seems like a donut shop at bottom left and a newspaper stand at the bottom right

Upper right looks like jail windows.

The upper left part could connect to the main center building since the Donut shop seems too narrow to put a staircase in there(seems 6 wide)

Edited by just_one

Just now, Agent 86 said:

The criminals are driving the GWP car! Odd that a police station wouldn’t include a police car. Unless it’s just not shown in this picture?

That's pretty fascinating. :grin: The last time a GWP set was vital to a Modular was the flower cart for DO, but even that was pretty optional compared to this.

Edited by ExeSandbox

Just now, Boettner Builds said:

With the 2 side buildings that makes the police station about 20 studs wide :( We’ll just call this a Police Annex.

Looks deeper though. I'd guess only 4 studs left out the back.

Any guesses on what the guy in red is....

I sure hope there’s room on the roof for the Batsignal(from the Ultimate set)...but it doesn’t look like it. 

1 minute ago, Brettski said:

Looks deeper though. I'd guess only 4 studs left out the back.

Agreed. Doesn’t look like much baseplate back there!

Now I’m wondering what’s on the billboard!

1 minute ago, Boettner Builds said:

Agreed. Doesn’t look like much baseplate back there!

Now I’m wondering what’s on the billboard!

I wish it were Octan....but definitely not. Looks like something fancy. Wishful thinking it’s for PR...

Just now, Vindicare said:

I wish it were Octan....but definitely not. Looks like something fancy. Wishful thinking it’s for PR...

The left side seems to blend in well with either AS or PR

Just now, just_one said:

The left side seems to blend in well with either AS or PR

Totally. I thought it would look good next to AS-the donut shop next to the bakery side of AS. I bet they’d make for fun neighbors. :laugh:

Its confirmed to be 200€ ?

Corner garage was 200€ and as far as i know it didnt sold well because of it.

I wish they would stay at the 170€ window

The donut shop is going to be a pain to access with my hands.  I wonder what is on its second level?  The jail cells are narrow too.  It does look aesthetically pleasing though.  It is definitely presented as more of a small police precinct station than a large station.  

25 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I sure hope there’s room on the roof for the Batsignal(from the Ultimate set)...but it doesn’t look like it. 

The Lego Batman Movie Accessory set would be fitting for this.  It would also give you three more police minifigs if you need them.  The small Bat signal from that set will definitely go on the roof of this.  

31 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I can’t even figure out what their accessory is? Maybe a police dog trainer and the ... fishing rod type thing is related to that? Except it doesn’t seem to include a police dog. Maybe it’s a thief using that accessory to pilfer doughnuts? 

14 minutes ago, just_one said:

Its confirmed to be 200€ ?

Corner garage was 200€ and as far as i know it didnt sold well because of it.

I wish they would stay at the 170€ window

Corner Garage didn't sell well because of the quality of the set for that price. With CG we're getting a building that fills only half the baseplate, and about a 100 of the pieces are small 1x1s used for decoration. With the 2021 building, we're looking at a high quality build that fills up almost the entire baseplate! And it's confirmed to be $200 USD, so probably about 170€.

8 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I can’t even figure out what their accessory is? Maybe a police dog trainer and the ... fishing rod type thing is related to that? Except it doesn’t seem to include a police dog. Maybe it’s a thief using that accessory to pilfer doughnuts? 

Yeah, who is that guy? His right leg looks like it has a cast on it or something. And what's that white stripe across his torso for? 

Didn't someone say there was a disabled person in the new modular? Maybe the red figure is in a wheelchair?

33 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

The Lego Batman Movie Accessory set would be fitting for this.  It would also give you three more police minifigs if you need them.  The small Bat signal from that set will definitely go on the roof of this.  

I have that as well but the one in the Batmobile set is so much better & accurate. I’m hoping there’s enough room up there. But I always have that as a backup. 

28 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I have no idea. It looks like a mace or something...those dog trainer suits are usually olive green or the like. Looks like he has those knit caps that pretty much every crook wears but the fishing pole is really puzzling. 

I'm curious how they did the window shades on the second floor, those don't look like the slopes that we got in Assembly Square. Maybe they're connected by a hinge to the top of the window? 

Assuming the picture is legit, the interior should be interesting. In my modular police station I had a tough time fitting all the stuff I wanted to into a 48x32 footprint, so I'll be curious to see what the Lego designers opt to go for and what they ignore. I do like that ivy crawling down the side of the building and the bushes out front!

Ok, that looks really good

The number of mifigures is a bit low again

Is that a blue bird again, right?

Also, whatever is that dude in red?