The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

24 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

But every city needs a police station!

But does the police station need the city? :sad:

Edited by ExeSandbox

2 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I hope it’s a police station so we can take it off the yearly “maybe it’s x” list. 

Haha, yeah. And I think we finally need to get a post office in 2022. That rumor's been around a little too long as well! :laugh_hard:

52 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

But every city needs a police station!

I guess you've missed all the people saying "defund the police".

16 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Who says police stations can not have stunning architecture? :)

If it really is one, I would have to think a lot whether I want to put it into my city since I already built my own.

Fair enough but you are right, most of us already have one in our towns so I wonder if they would really chose that as a modular?

2 hours ago, Brick387 said:

Haha, yeah. And I think we finally need to get a post office in 2022. That rumor's been around a little too long as well! :laugh_hard:

Every year we go through this for sure haha!

It is funny, as experience increases, I look forward to creating MOCs for my town more and more and am excited about the "official" modulars less and less. A MOC gives many, many more hours of building enjoyment. There are some very talented builders on here to pick up new building techniques from too.

I personaly dont mind if its police station. I dont count those crapy city sets. Modular line deserves proper one. Lets wait and see :) 

We still miss school, museum and it will be nice to get some proper supermarket or at least grocery shop. Last one was in GG / GE. Both of them retired for long time and both of them pretty empty. 

8 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

This. But then Ninjago City had the same Technic connections, but isn’t a “Modular”. Jamie has said before which sets are “Offical Modulars”.

The matching sidewalk is also a feature of the modulars. "Ninjago Modulars" rather have water on the ground level, and a raised sidewalk.

6 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I personaly dont mind if its police station. I dont count those crapy city sets. Modular line deserves proper one. Lets wait and see :) 

Me neither and it is a good place to put all the police-figs that we have collected over the years, even if we avoid city police sets they still pop up in CMF, advent calendars, polybags, people packs etc :tongue:

To me it is most important that the building looks good and are enjoyable to build not what they house and if they put in some animals as a cherry on the cake I am happy :grin: I am surprised that the modular line never have included mounted police since that is kind of old fashion and would go well with them. Maybe we will get them now, at least some dogs should be included in the set :shrug_oh_well:

I understand that police especially in USA are unpopular this year and that the timing could have been better for Lego, but it is not like they have 3 finished modulars at any given time and can choose the one they like best at a couple of months notice :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, NewTown said:

Fair enough but you are right, most of us already have one in our towns so I wonder if they would really chose that as a modular?

Not if you only collect official Lego modulars. If Lego avoid buildings that people have MOCed, the modular are dead.

"Most of us" do you want to say that more than half of the modular buyers already have a police station?

I don't think so. i think a really small amount of buyers already have one.
and if so... is it a moc that all of them are pleased with enough not to want the lego version?

I think a police station will be very popular. If it is a good one
(except for the few who say they already have one)

Edited by SollX

Designing own MOCs requires talent and buying MOCs lots of money and patience (for the Bricklink orders). This is about to change with offers from other companies, but there is no good police station yet. The one from Bluebrixx looks rather bad. There, I assume very few people have a police station so far and consequently it will be a success for Lego.

3 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

Designing own MOCs requires talent and buying MOCs lots of money and patience (for the Bricklink orders). This is about to change with offers from other companies, but there is no good police station yet. The one from Bluebrixx looks rather bad. There, I assume very few people have a police station so far and consequently it will be a success for Lego.

this

btw... about people wanting a postoffice..... a what?? (i know what it is, but.. still...)

15 minutes ago, SollX said:

this

btw... about people wanting a postoffice..... a what?? (i know what it is, but.. still...)

Who delivers all those letters in Lego City? We have some post boxes here and there in Modular line, but no proper Post Office. We have also some delivery trucks, planes etc, but no Post Office. Only one I can remember is in Winter Village line, and its retired long ago. So Post office is needed. Along with School and Museum. 

18 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Who delivers all those letters in Lego City? We have some post boxes here and there in Modular line, but no proper Post Office. We have also some delivery trucks, planes etc, but no Post Office. Only one I can remember is in Winter Village line, and its retired long ago. So Post office is needed. Along with School and Museum. 

What if this big building has the two - Post office and a Police Station. Consider this....:) It is a win win product for everyone wanting Police station and Post Office.

Edited by street87

9 minutes ago, street87 said:

What if this big building has the two - Post office and a Police Station. Consider this....:) It is a win win product for everyone wanting Police station and Post Office.

Not win-win at all :) Let them make Post Office next year. Police Station deserves its on single purpose building. I can accept small Donut shop on side, but thats it. There should be garage, prison cells, lobby, at least one office, then interrogation room, armoury, kitchen / chill out room...so plenty of space is required :)

2 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Not win-win at all :) Let them make Post Office next year. Police Station deserves its on single purpose building. I can accept small Donut shop on side, but thats it. There should be garage, prison cells, lobby, at least one office, then interrogation room, armoury, kitchen / chill out room...so plenty of space is required :)

Ground Floor : 
Reception / Lobby / Interrogation room

1st Floor : 
2 Offices / 2 prison cells 

2nd Floor : 
Kitchen / Chill out Room / Armoury 

3rd Floor : 
Heliport (but please LEGO dont waste pieces on a helicopter)

31 minutes ago, just_one said:

Put a cell for the thief of the brick bank :)

I like the idea of connecting the modulars through storytelling - there was a police officer in the Detective's Office too, maybe there could be a continuation of that set's illicit cookie smuggling story

There was briefly on Twitter what looked a copyrighted image of the new modular - grey / blue and black classical style build with a guild badge on the front some sort of radio mast on the roof .... gone now ! Might be a hoax 

8 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

There was briefly on Twitter what looked a copyrighted image of the new modular - grey / blue and black classical style build with a guild badge on the front some sort of radio mast on the roof .... gone now ! Might be a hoax 

Sounds like the real deal, actually. The blacked out image teaser has a mast or similar sticking up. Did you like the build?

19 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

Who posted it? Do you have a screenshot of it?

There was also steps up front guarded bay windows on the Lower ground ground level and some sort of chase caper scene across the front of the building  

1 hour ago, Flippi01 said:

I don’t remember who posted it and I don’t have a screen shot - it was watermarked and looked like a catalog shot 

Has there ever been a picture of modular in a (retailer) catalogue? Didn't know modulars are sold outside Lego's own brand store.