The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

the only good news is that means I can save money until 2020 to buy a new modular!
I don't have Fire Station in my modular - and I definitely not interested to buy modular Police Station. I own 7744 and get about 50 policemen/10+motobikes/10+police vehicles. What's the point I get another one?!

Edited by bright22

It feels like a strange decision to make a police station... I know Lego says the police sets do well, but I was under the impression that was because of kids liking the police playsets as opposed to AFOLs who (generally) don't focus on the 'play' aspect of the modulars.

Plus the police are far more controversial than any of the other modular subjects we've had so far, so it seems like a poor decision that they'd choose to release it knowing there might be blowback. Lego posted a strong BLM statement this year so we know they're at least somewhat aware of the political and cultural climate they're operating in.

Edited by GalacticHippo

I’d be very happy with a Modular Police Station - if it looks good. Will the GWP car be criminals being chased by police perhaps?

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

The whole "YouTube tags" line of reasoning doesn't strike me as all that definitive, if only because the Black Friday Showcase is not just a 2021 set reveal, it's also a "look back at the best LEGO sets of 2020." The tags ("lego modular build," "lego police station") could just as easily be referring to that aspect of the video.

Yeah...that could very well just to get more eyes on the video. I see all kinds of unrelated hashtags on Instagram pictures. I imagine it’s no different on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

It feels like a strange decision to make a police station... I know Lego says the police sets do well, but I was under the impression that was because of kids liking the police playsets as opposed to AFOLs who (generally) don't focus on the 'play' aspect of the modulars.

Plus the police are far more controversial than any of the other modular subjects we've had so far, so it seems like a poor decision that they'd choose to release it knowing there might be blowback. Lego posted a strong BLM statement this year so we know they're at least somewhat aware of the political and cultural climate they're operating in.

Painting with a very broad brush, aren’t we? Let’s just disregard the mountains of good they do, and deserve recognition for, and only focus on the mole hill of perceived bad. 

4 hours ago, Brick387 said:

This news does seem very likely based on how quickly it spread. This news blew up in less than an hour! Theremin's news still hasn't reached more than two sites.

News spreading fast means absolutely nothing. If theremin's news was presented in the same format on Instagram, then it would have also spread. False news spreads quickly too. Theremin's news hasn't spread quickly because there's no reason as of yet why anyone should believe him so no one is taking it as gospel. As for Instagram wildfire, well, that's how Instagram works. Everyone wants to jump on the band train and 'be the one' to get more likes/views. Similar how people use #legoleak on stuff that isn't in any way related to a leak because they just want more views. Star wars false rumours spread fast because of exactly this type of instagram crap. 

So until black Friday comes and reveals what black Friday is apparantly revealing, I will also take this news with a grain of salt. 

4 hours ago, KevinTheSpud said:

Apparently the tag has now been removed from the video which kind of suggests it is true and was put there by mistake.

What do you mean by tag? What video?

*never mind, found it. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

25 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Painting with a very broad brush, aren’t we? Let’s just disregard the mountains of good they do, and deserve recognition for, and only focus on the mole hill of perceived bad. 

I'd rather not get into a discussion about the merits or flaws of police, rather was pointing out Lego seems to avoid creating controversies or backlash (e.g. they haven't re-made Java's Palace, they make socially conscious statements etc) so this would perhaps be uncharacteristically risky for them if this leak is actually true.

26 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

I'd rather not get into a discussion about the merits or flaws of police, rather was pointing out Lego seems to avoid creating controversies or backlash (e.g. they haven't re-made Java's Palace, they make socially conscious statements etc) so this would perhaps be uncharacteristically risky for them if this leak is actually true.

I agree. I was going to leave it there. As for police, they didn’t stop selling the sets, just advertise them. So, there’s no reason to not release & sell police sets. They released three “Elite” police sets in September of this year, well after their statement on police sets. This rumor may not even pan out, and we may be running around for nothing. 

Jabba’s Palace thing was a complete joke. They never should have bowed to that. However, I doubt that had anything to do with them not making the set since. The prior one was made in 2003, not a set they make very often. 

Have Lego waited to reveal sets on Black Friday before?  Seems a strange date for a reveal, it is more for selling, and is launch date for their other big set.  So this date doesn't sound right to me.  Also too early, it is still only November.

It is true their are many Police stations sets in the City theme, but none if you only buy from the modular line.  Does the town need a Police Station? it has a private detective.  Maybe a small police house for the local bobby.  I remember images of a Police Station circulating before, and it turned out to be this one from rebrickable

LEGO MOC Modular Police Station by brick_monster | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

39 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

Have Lego waited to reveal sets on Black Friday before?  Seems a strange date for a reveal, it is more for selling, and is launch date for their other big set.  So this date doesn't sound right to me.  Also too early, it is still only November.

I agree. However, it may be some kind of teaser? Ref. the text in the instagram-post. Last year the modular was revealed on Friday 6 December, which would equal Friday 4 December this year (especially considering the fact that Lego seems to release the sets closer and closer to the actual release date).

No matter what it will be, I'm always excited for a new modular, and cannot wait to see it!

Edited by Bainter-ban

As for the over abundence of police stations in the city line: I don't know about you guys but I want a 30/40s vibe to my city and absolutely none of the city line police stations/fire stations/hospitals would ever work. I want, and hope for, a police station in style of the Fire Brigade, a distinct throwback. No panorama windows, no heli pads, no radio mast. Give me a old fashioned gothic facad, wood paneling, a bullpen, typ writers and a cell or two any day. 

11 hours ago, NewTown said:

Personally I hope the police station is NOT true. Bo-ring! This is way too much LEGO police and fire for us AFOLs IMO. More stunning architecture would be preferred. I would much rather have the other Italian set rumoured. Although with the Police Station on Instagram that seems to make it more likely. Just my 2 cents.

Who says police stations can not have stunning architecture? :)

If it really is one, I would have to think a lot whether I want to put it into my city since I already built my own.

Edited by peedeejay

Just saw the YouTube post.  Black Friday is the day for the reveal.  Other websites are saying it could have about 3,000 parts given the $199 price tag.  Not long to find out.

8 hours ago, bright22 said:

the only good news is that means I can save money until 2020 to buy a new modular!
I don't have Fire Station in my modular - and I definitely not interested to buy modular Police Station. I own 7744 and get about 50 policemen/10+motobikes/10+police vehicles. What's the point I get another one?!

I don't know if you realise or not, but it is 2020.

If it turns out to be a police station and you don't want a police station, then don't buy it, and wait until 2022 for the next one. There have been ZERO police modulars so far.

27 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

If it is, then the Brick Town Police Station by Bricked1980 will never be made

LEGO IDEAS - Brick Town Police Station

But it shows you can have a great looking police station.  So lets see what they have come up with.

It will never be made anyway. Its a modular. Which directly competes against TLG 's existing modular line. Which makes me wonder why they allow items in contravention to the rules, to be accepted to take support up to 10k votes :shrug_confused:

But yes, that is a very decent looking police modular, and love the little donut shop next to it! 

Edited by Fuppylodders

25 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

But it shows you can have a great looking police station.  So lets see what they have come up with.

It is very unlikely that they would make any modular that would naturally fit into a town street*, no matter what the subject, through IDEAS so it has little chance anyway.

* so that excludes the Blacksmith and Fishing Shack.

I don't believe it will be a police station, not one damn bit.

The rumors that get spread around here are amazing.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

I don't believe it will be a police station, not one damn bit.

The rumors that get spread around here are amazing.

It would look great next to the Fire Brigade if it is real.

I know sometimes tags are wrong or misleading, but appearing on an official LEGO account is different to some guy on the internet and I hope it is true.

First preview?

Update: Post on Facebook has a set covered with a black sheet next to the last 3 modular's so pretty clear the unveiling is for the 2021 modular. https://fb.watch/1_bD5eoV0y/

Untitled.thumb.jpg.82d2af28f0e51c6c9b41ac3ff11d0997.jpg

Source: 

Edited by jlsm511
Add new link

It could be a police station, even with the type of year it has been.  There was a point made several posts back that modulars have to be planned well in advance, so the designers could not have possibly predicted this year's events.  That would leave Lego with two choices (1) release the set anyway (2) not release it, and there is no modular.  To me, #2 sounds much worse.  

In the event of a modular police station, I would envision a detailed Gothic exterior, probably fit for Gotham City.  The officers would have the old style hats, and a car would probably be included.  It would look something like the police car in the Pixar Cars series.  Expect a small donut shop and a breakaway feature in the cell block.  

1 minute ago, jlsm511 said:

First preview?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.82d2af28f0e51c6c9b41ac3ff11d0997.jpg

Source: 

The building silhouette looks interesting, especially with that chimney. However, is it just me, or does the image look to be at a corner?

Obviously it's hard to tell but that silhouette image sure looks like a police station shape to me. The front edge of the baseplate seems to jut out slightly at tho side, I wonder why that could be.

Also it looks like the designer is not Jamie after all as was suggested is earlier rumors.

2 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

:cry3: Ah well, back to the drawing board for me then.

12 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

The building silhouette looks interesting, especially with that chimney. However, is it just me, or does the image look to be at a corner?

It looks like the side wall reaches all the way on both sides of the baseplate so I wouldn’t say so. 

Edited by KevinTheSpud