1 hour ago, legonerd54321 said:

Along with a reveal on black Friday, apparently

Where are you guys seeing this?

5 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Where are you guys seeing this?

Instagram, type legoleaks 

9 minutes ago, mapimi said:

Instagram, type legoleaks 

Yeah, I went looking a bit more after posting. I don’t get much on the hashtag front, thanks to Instagram still censoring. But I did see on account a zero context picture with some random “code” that said police station build...not sure how that is more credible than what’s been said here about the Italian like building. 

Edited by Vindicare

I hope so, I've been wanting a police station for ages. Certainly didn't think it would be this year, thought... 

If this is true, and they make a museum for the anniversary next year (?), all my wishes for this series will pretty much have come through - nice restaurant, book shop, police station and art. 

Then I only need to figure out if I should try to get my hands on the fire brigade, or if a moded winter village fire station will have to do... 

Edited by FrkW
Sp

57 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Of all years to release a police modular! All I can say is Lego’s marketing team is swinging for the fences :grin:

Well, considering how long it takes for modulars to be designed, there simply was not enough time to come up with a replacement and outright cancelling the set wasn’t really an option either...

In the end, it’s just unfortunate timing. Just like CMF S4, which included a Geisha and a hazmat guy *huh* I remember some newspapers reporting on that... Do they have any idea how toy production works (rhetorical question ofc) :tongue:

Personally I hope the police station is NOT true. Bo-ring! This is way too much LEGO police and fire for us AFOLs IMO. More stunning architecture would be preferred. I would much rather have the other Italian set rumoured. Although with the Police Station on Instagram that seems to make it more likely. Just my 2 cents.

31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, considering how long it takes for modulars to be designed, there simply was not enough time to come up with a replacement and outright cancelling the set wasn’t really an option either...

In the end, it’s just unfortunate timing. Just like CMF S4, which included a Geisha and a hazmat guy *huh* I remember some newspapers reporting on that... Do they have any idea how toy production works (rhetorical question ofc) :tongue:

Wasn’t around for that coincidence but hah oh my! I have come to understand the lag btw set decisions and release, the summer indeed was no time to pivot...if it even was a decision worth pivoting from. I also don’t think it’s guaranteed to be bad for US sales - lots of folks in the US love police as much as ever too.

I think overall that comment was more just recognizing that the US marketing team will have more questions to answer about this one than usual probably lol.

Urgh, I really hope it's not a police station. I don't even buy police sets when they're on sale because I'm completely uninterested in them.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

So basically we're right back to square 1 with having zero clue because 2 opposing 'leaks'... :shrug_confused:

Yup, back to pretty much having no clue. There’s no way one could mistake one for the other. 

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

It has plenty of books—the others are just brick-built and attached to the shelves themselves. As neat as it would be to get a variety of book pieces, having a bunch of shelves full of loose books could be a recipe for disaster when it came time to move the completed set.

I have it. I built it. I sure was surprised when it was finished and it only contained one real book. They could have easily added one or 2 more...

On 11/23/2020 at 2:58 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

I think Jamie does well on delivering a variety of designs, but if he has a weakness, I think it is the storyline that sometimes tries too hard.  Although as stated earlier, if it is by him and the Italian structure is actually going to be the modular, I am hoping it is a sculptor's studio, and the various sculptures inside help provide the storyline.  Statues and other sculptures would have to be in there anyway, so it is not like it would really be taking away from the whole thing. 

If it is what @theremin says it is, I like your idea of a sculpture studio, but I would also love to see an art studio with Frescos the size of the movie posters in the Palace Cinema modular, but not stickers. I'd love to see that.

Edited by BrickFit26

If we are receiving a police station, but @theremin is correct with the Italian architecture, we may be receiving one of the most fascinating police based sets of all time. Now that certain areas of the report are invalid, it will probably not be Italian based. It would be very interesting if it was though, especially without the typical Americana based police stations in the City theme. 

The whole "YouTube tags" line of reasoning doesn't strike me as all that definitive, if only because the Black Friday Showcase is not just a 2021 set reveal, it's also a "look back at the best LEGO sets of 2020." The tags ("lego modular build," "lego police station") could just as easily be referring to that aspect of the video.

I understand that a lot of people aren't interested in police sets, but there were a lot of demand for them so I know why TLG is making one.

This news does seem very likely based on how quickly it spread. This news blew up in less than an hour! Theremin's news still hasn't reached more than two sites.

Hey gang, remember LAST YEAR at around this time when someone asked THE LEGO GROUP for a hint and their official Instagram said, "It sounds like the police." Anyone? Bueller?