The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

9 minutes ago, Magnum said:

LEGO promoting killing/murdering animals because they don’t want them in their house! It’s ridiculous to teach children this and be all high and mighty about not making war inspired themes. 

I hope you're not equating war with vermin extermination. 

Just now, Huaojozu said:

I hope you're not equating war with vermin extermination. 

Please don't feed the trolls. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Maple said:

Yeah, I've given up on sand red coming back, but a coral house I think would be fantastic too. Or keep the teal and have the book store be pale yellow, I think would look nice.

Definitely. Love the idea for the books shop to have been pale yellow with the teal townhouse. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Maple said:

Please don't feed the trolls. :laugh:

I’m not a troll. I just feel strongly against promoting killing animals just because you don’t like them. That’s all. Especially not in toys. 

26 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

P.S. Has a separate forum been started for the Book Shop yet?

Yep. Right here.

So please continue to voice your thoughts about the new set there. Thanks!

Just now, Magnum said:

I’m not a troll. I just feel strongly against promoting killing animals just because you don’t like them. That’s all. Especially not in toys. 

They have a turkey's leg in Parisian Restaurant...

I think this may be the first modular where you need some modifications of a second set to increase the height of the buildings. Specifically for the teal building, the additional middle floors will need the front and rear doors removed (eg changed to windows possibly).

Also, this is also the first modular where the name is just one word. So it's 'Bookshop' instead of 'Book Shop'. This does sidestep the abbreviation problem of it being known as BS.

First mod would be to add more books to the bookshop. I mean floor-to-ceiling shelves of books on all walls, under the counter, behind the counter, and even under the stairs if not already.

7 hours ago, J.V.D. said:

Going a bit against the flow here but ; not that excited about this modular. Revealing more details might change my view on this, but based on the couple of pics I've seen so far it just looks like a rehashed and downsized petshop to me..    Pet shop townhouse will look like a skyscraper next to the house in this set..

But then again, I did like the garage..  an while it maybe lacks a bit on execution, the concept of it was different.. which makes it stand out in its own way..

Watch the review here.... sorry if this is already posted as I haven't read through all the comments yet. 

12 minutes ago, Maple said:

I think I'll call it BB, but BS works too. haha

But BB is Brick Bank. Then again, B on its own doesn’t really make sense, and well, BS needs no explanation :laugh:

Edited by TheL390Man

I’ve decided that since I really don’t like the color of the right building I’m going to make 3 more in equally ugly, but different colors, and call them the Painted Ladies in San Francisco...

For those of you who see this as a must buy, I'm happy for you.  Personally, I'm a bit disappointed.  I carped in greater detail over in the other thread, but right now I'm thinking this might be one of the few modulars where I genuinely have to MOD things before I'll be happy with it.  Right now, I'm thinking I need to: get two sets; make the Bookstore half a full 32x32 build with a proper interior; add an extra story to the townhouse; and, possibly, scale back the teal to something more muted.  That would leave me with a decent bookstore and a 16-wide modular to get Assembly Square back on a multiple of 32 studs wide.

I'm usually not one to MOD official kits, but, as nice and no doubt fun to build as this set seems, it's just not screaming Creator Expert Modular to me; it looks too small, too cramped and too simple as is.

12 minutes ago, ShaydDeGrai said:

For those of you who see this as a must buy, I'm happy for you.  Personally, I'm a bit disappointed.  I carped in greater detail over in the other thread, but right now I'm thinking this might be one of the few modulars where I genuinely have to MOD things before I'll be happy with it.  Right now, I'm thinking I need to: get two sets; make the Bookstore half a full 32x32 build with a proper interior; add an extra story to the townhouse; and, possibly, scale back the teal to something more muted.  That would leave me with a decent bookstore and a 16-wide modular to get Assembly Square back on a multiple of 32 studs wide.

I'm usually not one to MOD official kits, but, as nice and no doubt fun to build as this set seems, it's just not screaming Creator Expert Modular to me; it looks too small, too cramped and too simple as is.

I wonder if we all said the same thing about the pet shop? Sadly I don’t have one to compare it to. 

6 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

I can't see the little drill arm on the front :sad:

Sorry about the misunderstanding, the interview was about 75253:

75253-1_637102697873404438.jpg

What I meant to say was that maybe there were some references to Rock Raiders in Bookshop as well. However, I have now watched a review and the designer video and know that a) the bed is flame yellowish orange, not orange and b) the designer did not explicitly mention Rock Raiders.

Edited by imvanya

12 hours ago, PBRStreetgang said:

OK, thanks mate. Not sure what to think of that? It would have been nice to have another shop next to it. My modular collection is restricted to three. Pet Shop, Parisian Restaurant and Assembly Square,...kinda building an old fashioned village High Street, I guess.

I do like this set,...…...I would have preferred another retail outlet. At anyrate,...Ill be collecting it as the style suits my 'High Street' vision.

As I have a “downtown” look to my city, I would’ve preferred two businesses as well. But my town here has repurposed quite a few houses into businesses, so I’ll just make this that way as well. 

8 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Absolute hit. The exterior is great, and I don't care much about the interior.

I skipped the last two modulars, but this one is a must buy.

Ditto. I really don’t care about interiors as I only see them as I build the set & when I’m rearranging the city & take the floors off. The only place I feel interiors are necessary are situations like the bookstore, where you have big windows that you can see inside of. 

So, guess we’ll have to wait till 2021 for that police station then... :wink::grin::hmpf:

Edited by TheL390Man

10 hours ago, badbob001 said:

First mod would be to add more books to the bookshop. I mean floor-to-ceiling shelves of books on all walls, under the counter, behind the counter, and even under the stairs if not already.

Exactly. That's what is missing from the book shop.

Really love the exterior architecture: next to PR, PS and even MS for the dutch influence, it will complete a residential section of my city. The colors are full of life, different from some other modulars, well like a city should be: plenty of variety, distinctive features by quarters,  different eras, personalization  !

A book store wasn’t the theme I was wishing for, but the exterior ensemble works well for me and the town hall looks so cosy ! A nice gift to get for January 2nd (in my country anyway !)

18 hours ago, Maple said:

Also why couldn't LEGO use grey baseplates? The green 'rug' in the house is very odd.

I agree, in the past these sets have offered some rarer colours of baseplates.  Green is a tad safe.