The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

This makes me super excited! Means i can replace the old Petshop/Townhouse, i was hoping it would be two 16x32 baseplate builds.  

4 minutes ago, RuffDraft said:

Is there a way to get upstairs in both buildings though? 

Yes. But it looks like the top floors are not enclosed which is really odd to me.

Also why couldn't LEGO use grey baseplates? The green 'rug' in the house is very odd.

I like the designs of both, but not the colour of the house. A small row of houses would be nice though, so I'll just steal the design.

I really like the exterior and the colors. Wish there was more interior for the bookstore, though.

2 hours ago, imvanya said:

Brickset published an Interview with Carl Merriam, designer of Star Wars Droid Commander a few weeks ago. One of the things he mentioned was quite interesting and may be relevant for the new Modular as well:

Admittedly, with teal you get the Rock Raiders vibes just looking at it :classic: But there are still both reddish brown and orange on the bed and the bay window couch and some yellow accents elsewhere. Personally, I like little nods to older themes like this. Also, pure guesswork and speculation, but the older gentleman looks slightly like this guy:

rck002.png

I can't see the little drill arm on the front :sad:

The set is already added to S@H.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bookshop-10270

I find the picture of all three of the last modulars lacking, they are tan, brown, orange brown and teal.

Dear LEGO designers USE MORE COLORS!!!! (Sand Red!)

Also the price in that review video is wrong, it's $180 not $200.

Edited by Maple

I like the new modular very much.

Just a few more decorations on the back would have bee nice. This does not look like an "expert" building to me:

lego-creator-expert-10270-buchladen-book

The back is always ugly, so it looks fine to me, just a little too smooth. Nice to see the top floor isn't open. That would worry me. The Assembly Square had that open roof thing and it bugs me.

Woah, was not expecting 200CAD. Awesome!

Interior is okay, there are a few too many big empty spaces, though. Still, day 1 buy for me, too.

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

The back is always ugly, so it looks fine to me, just a little too smooth. Nice to see the top floor isn't open. That would worry me. The Assembly Square had that open roof thing and it bugs me.

Yes...ANd why do we need to have an "alley" at the back of the modular  Use those 8 studs to give us more interior!!

34 minutes ago, Maple said:

The green 'rug' in the house is very odd.

That’s just in the basement of the teal building though, I think

8 minutes ago, Maple said:

I love the back of Parisian Restaurant...

Guys, who's gonna explain to me. Do second and third levels of book shop is actually someone's apartment or a part of shop itself? If it's someone's leaving space then why there's no door? Or if it's still a shop then why is there a bed? ))) We need answers ))) 

I think the owner lives above the book shop.

The back looks blah because there are no textures bricks in the set. Maybe a few brown brick bricks would have helped. Once it's 20-30% off in three years I'll buy it and ad a much bigger garden to fix the house.

Not sure how I feel about this one...  Like the bookstore, not liking the color of the house and just not sure how I feel about the tree. Think the baseplates should have been dark gray, especially with that basement.

Printed pieces or stickers?

Edited by CSW652

15 minutes ago, CSW652 said:

Not sure how I feel about this one...  Like the bookstore, not liking the color of the house and just not sure how I feel about the tree.

Printed pieces or stickers?

EVERYTHING  is a print!

28 minutes ago, adwind said:

I love the back of Parisian Restaurant...

Guys, who's gonna explain to me. Do second and third levels of book shop is actually someone's apartment or a part of shop itself? If it's someone's leaving space then why there's no door? Or if it's still a shop then why is there a bed? ))) We need answers ))) 

There wouldn't necessarily need to be a door separating the shop and the living space if the upper floors of the shop are where the shopkeeper lives.

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

Yes...ANd why do we need to have an "alley" at the back of the modular  Use those 8 studs to give us more interior!!

I agree, but more use of space means more bricks and more $$$.

P.S. Has a separate forum been started for the Book Shop yet?

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I told you guys it was 2 buildings :wink:

From what I have seen so far it look really good :sweet:

Yes and a new colour of chameleon as well :wub: A little odd they did not include a second bird :shrug_oh_well: And personally I would like to see one or two of the new dogs breeds on the street, but have just gotten 2 new animal colours I will not complain :tongue:

How many parts in new colours are there in total? Seems like a lot *oh2*

1. Bird
  2. Chameleon
  3. scarf
  4. leaf?
  5. leaf?

What is wrong with that :hmpf:

LEGO promoting killing/murdering animals because they don’t want them in their house! It’s ridiculous to teach children this and be all high and mighty about not making war inspired themes. 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I find the picture of all three of the last modulars lacking, they are tan, brown, orange brown and teal.

Dear LEGO designers USE MORE COLORS!!!! (Sand Red!)

Yes. And yes. That coral color the introduce would be nice to see too. Some yellow also.

Looks like I am in the boat as most.  Like this offering better then the last two but could have been better.  Going to take some time to get used to the blueish green building. Overall good with this set, prefer the bookshop exterior and townhouse interior. 

Big question, how to display these building with the existing ones?  I am displaying 1/2 of the pet shop (townhouse section) next to my Green Grocer.  Like the two bay windows together, kind of a residential area.  The crazy blue of this townhouse is not going to match.  Think I am going to have to put next to the PR.  The Book Store will be much easier to place.  Thinking either next to the pet shop or the Grand Emporium.  Sure will get moved a bunch which is always fun.

Just watched the video above, looks good next to the PR.  The town house section does look a bit short, can see a lot of folks getting a second set and adding more floors.  

Just now, BrickFit26 said:

Yes. And yes. That coral color the introduce would be nice to see too. Some yellow also.

Yeah, I've given up on sand red coming back, but a coral house I think would be fantastic too. Or keep the teal and have the book store be pale yellow, I think would look nice.

Still when I get this set years down the line I will mix them in more to the 'street' and it will be fine. But please LEGO give orange brown (or whatever these brown shades are called) and teal a rest in this line.