The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ooooooooooh, I love this one! Instant buy!

And great it are two 16 wide buildings, solves the "puzzle" that Assembly square leaves in the modular lay-out.

Just now, Fabulandlover said:

And great it are two 16 wide buildings, solves the "puzzle" that Assembly square leaves in the modular lay-out.

How? :)

You still end up with one 16-wide too much when your puzzle relies on 32-wide. ;-)

18 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Going off the “107” above the door, it’s gotta be another townhouse. 

OK, thanks mate. Not sure what to think of that? It would have been nice to have another shop next to it. My modular collection is restricted to three. Pet Shop, Parisian Restaurant and Assembly Square,...kinda building an old fashioned village High Street, I guess.

I do like this set,...…...I would have preferred another retail outlet. At anyrate,...Ill be collecting it as the style suits my 'High Street' vision.

I love it. :wub: in my opinion the best modular since assembly square. I really like the colours used and how the whole set has been given an earthy autumn kind of feel.

Can't wait to see the interior. I'm guessing it will be packed with detail as the building looks pretty small considering over 2500 parts are used.

If I had to make one criticism I'd say the apartment building on the right really looks as if it would benefit from having another floor added. I'm being nitpicky though.

I think it looks amazing and will look awesome placed alongside Assembly Square and Parisian Restaurant. So glad they've given us a European style building this year.

Going a bit against the flow here but ; not that excited about this modular. Revealing more details might change my view on this, but based on the couple of pics I've seen so far it just looks like a rehashed and downsized petshop to me..    Pet shop townhouse will look like a skyscraper next to the house in this set..

But then again, I did like the garage..  an while it maybe lacks a bit on execution, the concept of it was different.. which makes it stand out in its own way..

I didn't like CG but I would take it over going back to a recolored and downsized PS. This just seems like a safe bet on something that won't stand out and invite criticism for being different. The only thing I like is half the color scheme (more brown? really?) and the tree with a plane stuck on it.

First impression: looks like someone’s MOC.

second impression: I REALLY don’t like the colors.

I sure hope this one grows on me....

Edited by Boettner Builds

I think it looks amazing. Such similar looking and different at the same time. If it has the interesting building techniques and interior details like the Downtown Diner, Assembly Square, Brick Bank, Detective's Office or Parisian Restaurant; this will be one of my all time favorites.

7 minutes ago, Fabulandlover said:

Looking at the picture I guess the majority of the pieces will be small/tiny bricks and pieces....

That's another thing that bothers me. The number of pieces in modulars keeps going up (perhaps to help justify the rising price) and the size of the buildings keeps going down. That should mean more detailed interiors, but CG showed us that clearly wasn't the case. At least it appears there's much less direct piece count bloat going on here, don't get me started on CG's facade with all those tiny 1x1 plates.

EDIT: Looking at the blue house's roof, I'm clearly wrong and the same philosophy is going on here with the 1x1s.

Edited by Huaojozu

I like it.  If for no other reason than it’s a good parts source and template for building additional residential structures.  I’ve built over a dozen using Pet Shop parts and plans.  Looks like after the DD and last years offering, the designers took a more proven and safer route in this years design.  Which is fine.  It’s like a nice little building that will expand the modular city without making a huge statement.  To me, it makes the DD look even more out of place in my modular line-up.

From what I have seen so far I like it, a bit of a throw back to the pet shop set but it's an easy fit with that one.

Dam, I've been holding off on the last two modulars due to cash flow issues.......oh, I might bite the bullet next year.

As I expect. Make two 32x16 buildings as Pet Shop and interior wil suffer. This time its kinda neat but still way to empty on my taste... Pitty. Especially bookstore... there was such a potential to make nice details but .... you saw result. Still 100x better than CG. Like it.