The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It's starting to grow on me. At first I was thinking it wasn't an instant buy, but now that I've seen the higher resolution photos I'm starting to rethink it...

That bird's nest looks like it is made of a minifig beard.
Love the model plane in the tree :classic:
And some new leaf colours?

Just now, Withacee said:

That bird's nest looks like it is made of a minifig beard.

I think is this "fur" collar piece

Image result for lego spider man hunter

Just now, Robert8 said:

I think is this "fur" collar piece

Yes! Did not recognise it, thanks!

2 minutes ago, bj51 said:

Lego just posted official pics on facebook (in France at least).

Ah, so they did. I have found it. I think that's an early oopsie! *oh2*

Anyway, this Modular looks awesome. After several fairly angular ones, it's a breath of fresh air to see so much roundedness. It does look a tad small, but so very attractive, and nice to see them do another one with two seperable buildings.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:27 PM, kiwinewt said:

So according to my local store... the next modular is a bookshop.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:16 AM, pooda said:

The likelyhood that you found this out from them is next to none. How do I know? Because I have an insider (who shall remain nameless) and she says that when it comes to new sets, they have to swear not to say anything or show anything until it's time to do so. So either you're lying or....that person at the store is in for a world of trouble. 

Latter post seemed unnecessarily harsh at the time, and hasn't improved with age.  Thank you for what proved to be solid info kiwinewt!

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Ah, so they did. I have found it. I think that's an early oopsie! *oh2*

Anyway, this Modular looks awesome. After several fairly angular ones, it's a breath of fresh air to see so much roundedness. It does look a tad small, but so very attractive, and nice to see them do another one with two seperable buildings.

do agree way better than those 2 previous ones. relatively smaller but more story more detail more beautiful! :wub:

Wow! I am in love.:wub: It looks fantastic, I love the blue building, that roof is awesome. Great recolor parts too. Now that the reveal torture is over.....now the January 1st torture truly begins. 

I love it, its got some nice colors (dark blue, teal, medium dark flesh, dark red).

Really looks like the kind of bookstore you might find rare or old books in.

20 minutes ago, SFmuscle73 said:

There’s more pics on Instagram.  I see the book store owner holding a book called “Moby Brick”.

Where did you see them or how do I search for them on Instagram?

1 minute ago, MT480 said:

Where did you see them or how do I search for them on Instagram?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.it&sl=de&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-10270-bookshop/90251&xid=25657,15700021,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265&usg=ALkJrhhV-YTerweEYnP-XTell6PnYB5M6w

Whoa thats definitelly perfect add on to the modular series. Nice British look too. Only pitty is that windows from bookstore lack any print... but that just mior flaw. Overal day 1 purchase. 

Happy for the bookshop and the piece count. But what is the blue building supposed to be??

I note the similar the PR like outdoor veranda behind the blue building (from what I can see from the Instagram pictures) but I have no idea what the blue building is??

7 minutes ago, PBRStreetgang said:

Happy for the bookshop and the piece count. But what is the blue building supposed to be??

I note the similar the PR like outdoor veranda behind the blue building (from what I can see from the Instagram pictures) but I have no idea what the blue building is??

Going off the “107” above the door, it’s gotta be another townhouse. 

Wow. First impression: absolutely gorgeous. A huge step up from CG. I am really looking forward buying this. Might be my first pre-order in years. 

I wonder what the name will be. Birch Books would be confusing with Brick Bank (BB) :grin:

Going against popular opinion but first impressions it does not stand out to me, and actually like a modification of the petshop modular from 8 years ago. Sure the colours are different but nothing really stands out. I think it looks like Lego went on a safe route and went back to tried and tested stuff. 

Yes I think corner garage was an interesting idea to the modular line but seemed like the final outcome wasn't really well received. We can't make everyone happy. 

Looks like Friends made a modular! It’s nice but nothing special or new. But I’ll wait till I see the inside before I make my final conclusion. 

Do I see two base plates!? Pet shop 2.0 

Edited by Magnum

7 minutes ago, Skalldyr said:

I wonder what the name will be. Birch Books would be confusing with Brick Bank (BB) :grin:

Town Bookstore (would be TB)? 

10 minutes ago, wgh2202 said:

Going against popular opinion but first impressions it does not stand out to me, and actually like a modification of the petshop modular from 8 years ago. Sure the colours are different but nothing really stands out. I think it looks like Lego went on a safe route and went back to tried and tested stuff.  

Yes I think corner garage was an interesting idea to the modular line but seemed like the final outcome wasn't really well received. We can't make everyone happy. 

I agree, and I do think the bookstore façade looks rather plain, not nearly as sophisticated as PR for example. And don't get me started on the color of the house on the right.. :sick:

Personally, I think would have preferred something more in line with the american style buildings like DO and CG, maybe some cast iron period building.

Edited by Brick A Braque