The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Strakk said:

Again, let's say you want to complete your city in a short time, but you do not have too much money. The City one may be a compromise.

With the 2020 Police Box set, a cheaper City Police Station can be gained for what I assume €30-40 which also has a Duke figure in it (300 pieces but comes in a plastic box).

Even better with sales, which City gets 30-40% way more often then a modular.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

Funnily enough, the 2018 hospital was the last City building I picked up (two of them to mod into a bigger one). It was a rare exception.

Same here. When it came to City, I've always been into collecting civilian infrastructure. Thus what drove me to the mega sets. I also have the burger bar and the bank from 60140. I also have the bus station, hospital, cargo terminal and service station from 2016 to 2018. 

Matter of fact, my first true rescue set was the fire station for 2019. 

Edited by pooda

1 hour ago, ElectroDiva said:

I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

I think the potential market is big enough to support both price points and don’t think TLG would consciously decide *not* to do a modular version in the same year as a City version

I may be wrong though.

UCS falcon, system scale falcon out at the same time. No problems there :def_shrug:

14 hours ago, chemeddy said:

7 Dec 2019, 12 noon (UTC +8:00)

A day which will live in infamy? 

So a Japanese Restaurant then? (sorry sorry I'll see myself out)

4 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

UCS falcon, system scale falcon out at the same time. No problems there :def_shrug:

In fact, they frequently have both a UCS set and a system scale set available at the same time. The Y-Wing and TIE Fighter spring to mind. 

In Marvel they had the large Hulkbuster and minifig scale Hulkbuster at the same time. 

For the new UCS Batmobile, the GWP was literally a smaller version of the same set, while a very similar Batmobile is on sale in system scale. 

5 hours ago, Faefrost said:

A day which will live in infamy? 

So a Japanese Restaurant then? (sorry sorry I'll see myself out)

Yikes!

at least we know it won’t be nautical themed... ?

I am impressed how TLG manages to keep this a secret for so long. They seem to have learned from previous years.

Maybe they're protecting this so much because the new modular will mainly be build in sand red bricks? :D

Yea, I know. Not gonna happen. :(

Can't imagine that lego release  would be to late for costumers to have the modular at christmas. 

2 minutes ago, Perolav said:

Can't imagine that lego release  would be to late for costumers to have the modular at christmas. 

Hmm, as far as I know, modulars have always been released in January.
I've always found that an interesting strategy. Strange, but interesting.
I guess Christmas is more suitable for the Winter Village set and the likes.
And since modulars will stay on the shelves for multiple years, there's always time to save up and buy the modular at the end of next year (yeah, right, as if that's ever going to happen...).

The wait is becoming increasingly annoying, by the way. I need my yearly modular excitement fix!

Edited by Withacee

12 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Hmm, as far as I know, modulars have always been released in January.
I've always found that an interesting strategy. Strange, but interesting.
I guess Christmas is more suitable for the Winter Village set and the likes.
And since modulars will stay on the shelves for multiple years, there's always time to save up and buy the modular at the end of next year (yeah, right, as if that's ever going to happen...).

The wait is becoming increasingly annoying, by the way. I need my yearly modular excitement fix!

I'm guessing it's probably the same reason they hold new sets till after Christmas, New sets will always bring sales.
They need to clear their excess stock for Christmas!

20 hours ago, Racer said:

I think it's likely fake.  If you browse Singapore Comic Con website you will find two exhibitors that are Lego related:

LEGO Community

The Brick Shop

Also a little less telling is that it appears that no one from Lego is a guest speaker based on their background image. 

The Brick Shop is one of the two operators of LEGO Certified Stores in Singapore . They have 3 stores while Bricksworld, the other operator has 7 stores.

19 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

If it's true then I wonder if there will be any relevance to the reason they've decided to reveal it in Singapore. I wonder if the building will have an Asian style of architecture. 

Maybe the Singapore Comic Con was the one happening at an opportune time? 

32 minutes ago, ultiminutes said:

I'm guessing it's probably the same reason they hold new sets till after Christmas, New sets will always bring sales.
They need to clear their excess stock for Christmas!

Deng. Then i will order the batmobil. Need something fun for Christmas

Edited by Perolav

22 minutes ago, bluelotus said:

I'm highly skeptical about the Singapore announcement.

There is no Legoland in Singapore but there is a big Lego office in Singapore. If I am not wrong, it acts as the hub for the regional area (not sure the boundary of this region though). My guess is it makes a good strategy to control all advertising materials in the hub to prevent any leaks....

38 minutes ago, just_one said:

christ...leak already!! just the front cover

Are you trying to be funny?! :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

You misread...

We’re a little jumpy... I’m wondering if the strategy to unreveal the set so late before the commercial releasing is a good idea        Apart from the industrial espionnage reason, a little earlier would allow buyers some time for the budget, ideas of customizing, daydreaming...

Also, some time to get acquainted to: for the last 2-3 years, the models didn’t grew on me right away, but after reading the forum here, and seeing the modular again and again before availability, I just couldn’t resist !

right now, it’s just a little frustrating... Bravo for the secrecy Lego:wacko:

Edited by Hippocampe
Deletion

Just now, Roebuck said:

I think he meant ”leak it already!” rather than ”there’s already a leak!”

I was thinking about something: wouldn’t it be better if they posted small teasers of the new modular instead of hiding it till the last day? This way, fans would be both happier and more hyped, won’t they? As teasers, I don’t mean seeing one half of the modular as that would make it possible for bootleg companies to copy it. More like a minifig reading something in the library, the background would be very blurry. Or like a minifig walking to the library but the we wouldn’t be able to see details of the building as the camera would only be focused on the minifig.

Just now, LegoModularFan said:

I was thinking about something: wouldn’t it be better if they posted small teasers of the new modular instead of hiding it till the last day? This way, fans would be both happier and more hyped, won’t they? As teasers, I don’t mean seeing one half of the modular as that would make it possible for bootleg companies to copy it. More like a minifig reading something in the library, the background would be very blurry. Or like a minifig walking to the library but the we wouldn’t be able to see details of the building as the camera would only be focused on the minifig.

Great Idea.
I think they did that with the Winter Village Fire Station, last year. A bit of a blurry picture of a detail of the set, I think it showed the fire alarm and the snowman.
Definitely something I would like to see for modulars!

Just now, Withacee said:

Great Idea.
I think they did that with the Winter Village Fire Station, last year. A bit of a blurry picture of a detail of the set, I think it showed the fire alarm and the snowman.
Definitely something I would like to see for modulars!

Same with Stranger Things I guess

Lego also knows there are ‘completists’ like me who would buy the next modular if it has a triangular baseplate and was all black bricks with no windows.  Why?   It’s a lego modular.  While frequently being a critic of lego and not being a ‘lego or nothing cultist’, I’m clearly addicted to the modular building series.  Just as a historical reference, while this new offering will be released (most probably) in January, some of the earlier models had March (and other months) release dates.  Wikipedia shows the release date for most modulars. Just offered as a historical reference, not implying your wait will be longer than expected.

Best wishes to all and I hope the new modular lives up to your expectations.

Edited by Options