The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

That image on the Facebook page looks a bit fake to me. The buildings in the background are similar to the graphics that Lego use on the modular box artwork but not quite the same. Also at the bottom in small print it says "2019 The Lego Group" but no copyright symbol next to it which would usually be there.

Hopefully, it’s not a bookstore.  Lego had their shot at a bookstore and passed...

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/80215-moc-barnes-noble-starbucks-store/

I actually built this after seeing it on the Ideas website.  The actual creator is to be complimented for his skill and design abilities.   It’s the most impressive modular building anywhere. High piece count, I know, I know.  But it could have been trimmed back.   The interior is extremely detailed. 

Feel free to pick it apart and come up with dozens of reasons why it wouldn’t be a great modular.  I built it and it’s the center piece of my modular city.  And I have all the lego modulars.  

Edited by Options

2 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

That image on the Facebook page looks a bit fake to me. The buildings in the background are similar to the graphics that Lego use on the modular box artwork but not quite the same. Also at the bottom in small print it says "2019 The Lego Group" but no copyright symbol next to it which would usually be there.

~ Very sharp observation !!!

Just now, jaesroe said:

~ Very sharp observation !!!

Agree!

Last year it was revealed at around 2 pm, if I remember correctly. So maybe in 15 minutes? :grin_wub:

I love the crazy amount of hype the modular buildings topic gets at this time of year. Literally all we get is 1 set every 12 months, so when the time finally comes for it to be unveiled... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, we're following the topic and refreshing by the second.

Let's hope reveal's today instead of friday!

10 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Agree!

Last year it was revealed at around 2 pm, if I remember correctly. So maybe in 15 minutes? :grin_wub:

I was thinking the same. Yes it was 2pm here in the UK when the garage was revealed. Also assuming the set is released on January 1st then that will be exactly 4 weeks from today.

Today would seem the perfect time to make the announcement.

Edited by Bricked1980

Just now, Terrasher said:

I love the crazy amount of hype the modular buildings topic gets at this time of year. Literally all we get is 1 set every 12 months, so when the time finally comes for it to be unveiled... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, we're following the topic and refreshing by the second.

One of my annual events, expecting next year's modular set though I stopped buying since DD.

Edited by jaesroe

2 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

One of my annual events, expecting next year's modular set though I stopped buying since DD.

Don't lie to yourself, buddy :)

Edited by adwind

32 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

That image can be fake... but not the message itself? Maybe the organisation from Comic Con made this? Who posted this btw? I'll take this with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true.

Edited by BrickyBoy
spelling mistake

I think it's likely fake.  If you browse Singapore Comic Con website you will find two exhibitors that are Lego related:

LEGO Community

The Brick Shop

Also a little less telling is that it appears that no one from Lego is a guest speaker based on their background image. 

4 minutes ago, Racer said:

I think it's likely fake.  If you browse Singapore Comic Con website you will find two exhibitors that are Lego related:

LEGO Community

The Brick Shop

Also a little less telling is that it appears that no one from Lego is a guest speaker based on their background image. 

Ooooh, that is a good catch!

Back to waiting it is :(

The image was posted on the actual Lego Facebook page....surely it can't be fake!

'be one of the first to set your eyes on the all-new LEGO Creator Expert set! Happening at Singapore Comic Con, MBS, 7 Dec at 12 noon'

7 minutes ago, Kirton Bricks said:

The image was posted on the actual Lego Facebook page....surely it can't be fake!

'be one of the first to set your eyes on the all-new LEGO Creator Expert set! Happening at Singapore Comic Con, MBS, 7 Dec at 12 noon'

They could still mean be one of the first to see it in person I suppose. Maybe it's wishful thinking as I don't want to have to wait another 3 days.

It seems like it is true - I saw that image on LEGO's FB page, and Zusammengebaut just posted a photo of a package (which Andres got from LEGO)... So some bloggers already saw the new modular, haha. :)

6 minutes ago, Nobby said:

They could still mean be one of the first to see it in person I suppose. Maybe it's wishful thinking as I don't want to have to wait another 3 days.

Yep it means they will have a physical version of it on display 

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

It´s always fascinating how excited and impatient grown up persons can be when it comes to something like LEGO :laugh: There are way more important things to be worried about in life everyday, but I like being excited about something that just makes me happy and distracts me from the everyday struggle... F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, ...

Those background buildings look British to me. Seems like it really could be a typical old fashioned book store. Exciting! :blush:

Guess it'll be on friday, then.

Allegedly TLG ambassadors get a 24h notice before the reveal to monitor for leaks, according to a brickset member.

If it's true then I wonder if there will be any relevance to the reason they've decided to reveal it in Singapore. I wonder if the building will have an Asian style of architecture. 

2 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

If it's true then I wonder if there will be any relevance to the reason they've decided to reveal it in Singapore. I wonder if the building will have an Asian style of architecture. 

I hope not. It would stick out like a sore thumb. Parisian Restaurant and Palace Cinema's distinct style makes sense because the architecture is related to the function of the building itself.

I hope TLG sticks with the newer, 50s style architecture.

16 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

It looks we are getting something more European if that picture is real, as the background buildings have been fitting for the previous modulars!