The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

I would not. Too many budsineses or split houses like Pet Shop means to crowdy tiny space with less details and room for figs. Bleee :)

Well, it's not necessarily to fit everything in there. First floor - Book store, second - doctor, and a small leaving space on mansard (something like PR has) - would work just great for me :)

11 minutes ago, adwind said:

Well, it's not necessarily to fit everything in there. First floor - Book store, second - doctor, and a small leaving space on mansard (something like PR has) - would work just great for me :)

Yep thats just right. Each floor 1 bussines :)

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I would not. Too many bussineses or split houses like Pet Shop means too crowdy tiny space with less details and room for figs. Bleee :)

Because the detective office set was lacking details? In my mind that was the set I was picturing. The building on the left being the two story book store, the first floor of the right is an eye doctor or arcade (To tie into NinjaGo sub theme) and the next two floors are apartments, small coffee shop fits in somewhere as that would take up next to no space.

The challenge to a book store would naturally be getting a detailed interior without having to budget too many parts to it.  It is hard to visualize the interior without imagining a lot of parts for books and bookcases.  I just hope the exterior is eye catching and not too plain in the sense of DO or CG.  I really like the new book piece and hope it is utilized well.  I imagine printed parts with Legocentric titles, like a "Tale of Two Bricks" or "Moby Brick".   There are some exciting possibilities.  

I'm definitely liking the idea of a bookshop/library. I'm hoping it's got some good, warm exterior colors.

1 hour ago, Legoanonymous said:

What do you exactly mean? Who told you it was going to be released late tonight? I'm excited though!

I don’t know, it’s just wishful thinking. But it should actually be any day now!!

8 hours ago, Maple said:

Because the detective office set was lacking details? In my mind that was the set I was picturing. The building on the left being the two story book store, the first floor of the right is an eye doctor or arcade (To tie into NinjaGo sub theme) and the next two floors are apartments, small coffee shop fits in somewhere as that would take up next to no space.

DO was excellent, but I dont want another one u see... :) And to be honest, that blue part of a building (in DO) was too cramped...

9 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I really like the new book piece and hope it is utilized well.  I imagine printed parts with Legocentric titles, like a "Tale of Two Bricks" or "Moby Brick".   There are some exciting possibilities.  

I assume you refer to the ones common in the nexo knights sets.  A book shop full of them would definitely up the part count.  Probably more realistic to have a few of them, and then 1x2 printed tiles, placed at the top of stacks of regular plates. That’s the sort of thing we’d see in bookshops in Europe. 

Thought today might be the day ..? Looks like it will be the latest unveiling of a modular to date when it is unveiled then ? 

Refreshing this page or LEGO’s site 10 times an hour apparently doesn’t speed up the proces... *huh*

Edited by Bote

We normally get a leak an hour or two before ...? Was keeping an eye on Instagram but nothing ... maybe next Tuesday then !

I have insider info...
It will be revealed....
Within the next 28 days.

:tongue:

:devil:

1 minute ago, swilk00 said:

Price is $180 USD 

20 bucks cheaper than Corner Garage? I wouldn't say no to that, but I'm skeptical.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:22 PM, 7982Brick said:

LEGO 10270 Modular Building 

$179.99

Actual Price Point in Store System 

Not sure any need to be sceptical.  Same price, minus a penny, posted three pages ago....

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 30$ price hike between 10260 to 10264 - I suppose that means their marketing strategy is working.

Have we talked about a modular toy store building? Or would TLG even consider other toys than Lego? There's the Winter Village Toy Store though...

1 hour ago, Glumsfield said:

Have we talked about a modular toy store building? Or would TLG even consider other toys than Lego? There's the Winter Village Toy Store though...

Grand Emporium had a toy floor for that set. Not full of shelves though.

There is a leaked image of a website, as though someone did a screen shot.  No photos, it's more like an inventory page, or placeholder page.  But it says:

Creator Expert 10270 Bookstore/Library

2504 parts

179.99 euros

Sorry if this is not new, or if it has already been debunked.  I just saw it for the first time.

Edited by wooster