The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I know many want a modular police station, but I really dont think that its goIng to happen LEGO and their designers have given us clues that tell us that it wont happen. But I guess anything is possible.

13 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

So Lego Ideas have today revealed the 15 finalists for the vintage car contest where the winner will be released as a gift with purchase set, designed to fit in with the modular buildings.

There are a couple of police cars in the final 15. I'm gonna take this as a sign that Lego are not planning to release a modular police station any time in the near future.

Maybe I'm making too many assumptions but I don't think they'd want to release a police car set if it could clash with the style of any potential police modular buildings already being planned.

I do not think that mean much, they can make a police station without a car or if it is with a car it can always have another one to go with it..

I was hoping one of the farm delivery trucks would make it to the vote since i always look for opportunities to get more animals :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I was hoping one of the farm delivery trucks would make it to the vote since i always look for opportunities to get more animals

There was a really nice fruit and veg delivery van that I was hoping would get through but sadly it didn't. It would have been nice to have a few more delivery trucks in the final.

This is a vintage mail van I entered but sadly it didn't make the cut. :cry2:

49023420837_024b1f4fda_c.jpg

Bricked1980, your mail van is nice looking :)

1 of my favourites did not go to the top 15 either. Lot of nice builds were entered.

TJJohn12, your LEGO deliivery truck was in the final 2 of my what to vote for. I apologize, but it was not the 1 I did vote on, but it was close! If yours becomes a set, I will be happy tho :)

13 hours ago, TJJohn12 said:

I thought you might have liked the LEGO Delivery Truck... but I’m a little biased. ;-)

Oh, well nonetheless, congratulations!!! :sweet: I actually didn't notice it was you who'd submitted that entry... :blush:

I really think we're less than a week away from the official announcement.

After the Black Friday sales the new modular will be revealed. Wednesday the 4th.

It will be a book shop.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than the Corner Garage. I was (and still am) really dissapointed in it. I'm modding this set right now.

For the moment I'm excited for the 2020 modular... :sweet:

7 hours ago, BrickyBoy said:

I really think we're less than a week away from the official announcement.

After the Black Friday sales the new modular will be revealed. Wednesday the 4th.

It will be a book shop.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than the Corner Garage. I was (and still am) really dissapointed in it. I'm modding this set right now.

For the moment I'm excited for the 2020 modular... :sweet:

That is great news! Did you check a retailer catalog or did a Lego store employee tell you? 

Are you guessing? 

Because that didnt sound like a guess

A book shop sounds interesting. 

A bookshop with maybe a record corner..? I think it will satisfy me this time.....currently i'm only buying the modulars and a a few large technic sets....so i have some budget left. Lets wait and see what comes...you will be right about the 4th..sounds logical to me!.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Are you guessing? 

Because that didnt sound like a guess

A book shop sounds interesting. 

I'm really sorry. But that's indeed a guess. But it's the only "valid" rumor I've read in the past weeks/months. And to me, perfect timing to introduce the new modular is after Black Friday Sales... I don't have any inside information. I'm waiting hopefully like anyone else. But i'm confident in my hypothesis. :blush:

On 11/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Depends on whether you count the Haunted House as a modular - to me that is just as good as PR.

It's not a modular at all, it doesn't connect to anything. The NinjaGo modulars are Modulars but not in the same series. 

I do not think the new modular will be revealed next Monday (December 2) because the sales will still be going on from the USA having a late Turkey day. However it is the day PR is supposed to be on sale so maybe that would be a good time to announce a new one...

On 11/29/2019 at 8:31 AM, Maple said:

It's not a modular at all, it doesn't connect to anything. The NinjaGo modulars are Modulars but not in the same series. 

I do not think the new modular will be revealed next Monday (December 2) because the sales will still be going on from the USA having a late Turkey day. However it is the day PR is supposed to be on sale so maybe that would be a good time to announce a new one...

I agree. Where I live, the Monday after Black Friday is Cyber Monday. My guess is that the new modular would be revealed the Tuesday after Black Monday at the earliest. It just feels like the Modular Buildings are starting to become the most confidential sets in Lego's inventory.  

As for the new modular being a Bookstore, it seems plausible, but I have my doubts. While I'd personally love to get a bookstore, it doesn't seem to go with the new theming of the Modular Buildings. Lego is making Modular Buildings based on iconic American businesses from the 1950's. A Bookstore seems out of place either the DD and CG. The only idea I have is that Lego made a newspaper building with comic books as the main business. If they did create a real Bookstore, I feel they would use curvier building techniques and bright colors like Coral or light azure.        

On 11/26/2019 at 8:34 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

Hounted House is not Modular in terms of Modular building series. Same as Ninjago City or Ninjago city docks. Modulars are series branded as Creator Expert series. Hounted house was D2C within Monster fighters line. Besides it has different system. Modulars have detachable floors but HH has openning on side like doll house. 

What we consider "Modular" offerings can vary abit based on the observers tastes. They have been made across several line names. The most notable Creator Expert. Market Square was a Factory set, was it not? A fan design just using Modular rules? Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks both use the basic Modular rules and footprints. So some consider them part of it. The Haunted House while a D2C and a  Doll House style design, does blend well with the Modulars as it shares footprint and scale. The old Fishing Store similarly works well with Modulars. As does the Avengers Dr Strange set. Pair 2 of those together and you have Stranges house a Pizza Parlor and Peter Parkers run down appartment. If you really want to get creative the Ninjago Air Temple set makes a nice inside corner if adjacent to your Ninjago City or Docks. And the Ninjago Monestary also workds well. Just my 2c. 

Things that you think would work, but don't are the two Simpsons buildings. The scale is just way off. 

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

What we consider "Modular" offerings can vary abit based on the observers tastes.

I would say that, for the purposes of discussion here, a modular is one of the sets that Lego included in the lineup of modulars when announcing Assembly Square. That did include Market Square. 

https://ramblingbrick.com/2016/10/18/10255-10-years-of-modular-building/

On 11/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, Legoanonymous said:

That is great news! Did you check a retailer catalog or did a Lego store employee tell you? 

So 4th Dec 2019 is the day for unveiling 2020 Modular set? 

1 minute ago, jaesroe said:

He was only guessing. 

1 hour ago, jaesroe said:

Last year it was on December 3rd which was on a Monday last year. It they follow the same schedule then it could be annnounced tomorrow. *oh2*

On 11/4/2019 at 9:51 PM, crowe-k said:

A book shop would be great, although I envision an older type building rather than a modern outlet type bookstore. I think there is a lot of potential with a book shop.

some websites already have received a review copy of the modular but keep their lips sealed. 

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Last year it was on December 3rd which was on a Monday last year. It they follow the same schedule then it could be annnounced tomorrow. *oh2*

Seems like this year the earliest it'll be announced will be Tuesday- the same day that voting on the vintage care contest closes right? I hope there's at least a few hours between announcing the winning car and the modular that goes with it as this would make the guesswork more interesting if just for a bit...

26 minutes ago, jonahtron said:

Seems like this year the earliest it'll be announced will be Tuesday- the same day that voting on the vintage care contest closes right? I hope there's at least a few hours between announcing the winning car and the modular that goes with it as this would make the guesswork more interesting if just for a bit...

The voting for the car contest ends on Tuesday but the winner isn't announced until a week later. I hope they won't make us wait that long till they announce the new modular. :look:

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

The voting for the car contest ends on Tuesday but the winner isn't announced until a week later. I hope they won't make us wait that long till they announce the new modular. :look:

I think we've got the official announcement date here...

12 hours ago, sebitsena said:

I think we've got the official announcement date here...

Do you guys actually think that the competition car are going to be a part off the 2020 modular set? I think that Lego need quite some time before they are able to inlude the car.

5 minutes ago, Perolav said:

Do you guys actually think that the competition car are going to be a part off the 2020 modular set? I think that Lego need quite some time before they are able to inlude the car.

Here is what the contest rules state:

As the Grand Prize winner of this contest you will get the exclusive opportunity to have your model transformed into a new LEGO Gift with Purchase set.

So it will be a separate set, and you are right – it is unlikely that LEGO will be able to finalize the set before the release of the new Modular Building. But who knows?