The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

22 minutes ago, MFSixpack said:

Any thoughts on piece count? My proprietary model predicts 2435. ?

Allegedly it's 2504.

Darn, all of these comments in a short amount of time make me think that photos have leaked.

Nice to see that $200 is not quite yet the new norm.  Last year, the higher price in combination with a building that many people found uninspiring was rather disappointing.  Also agree that putting an optometrist next to a book shop would be great.  

On 11/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, crowe-k said:

So, a little smaller than the Corner Garage? I would like to finally see a Police Station rather than bookstore but who am I kidding....I'll buy whatever Lego puts out!

I’m right there with you. These will pretty much always be an instant buy, soo long as they keep consistent like they have. I’m ready for something a bit smaller height wise, everything is too close. I’d love to see a complete two story building like the bar/office half of the Detective’s Office. 

I hope Jaime Berard designs it.  I think he is the best designer, who designed Parisian, DO, BB, and Assembly as of late.  I love how incorporated cool playable features, especially the laundry safe in BB, hidden gate in DO to transport the barrel of goodies.  So unique.  Corner Garage grew on me with the garage and car lift, but the interior was kind of basic.  Anyway, I’m sure it will be great!

It would be a new idea if they designed a modular that would extend off of an older building. I.E. making the Green Grocer longer, then a new building beside it.

4 hours ago, MT480 said:

I hope Jaime Berard designs it.  I think he is the best designer, who designed Parisian, DO, BB, and Assembly as of late.  I love how incorporated cool playable features, especially the laundry safe in BB, hidden gate in DO to transport the barrel of goodies.  So unique.  Corner Garage grew on me with the garage and car lift, but the interior was kind of basic.  Anyway, I’m sure it will be great!

In the video posted here a few times Jaime talked about ho they have new eyes looking at it. After the Dinner and the garage I think that's some much needed eyes. To me the line is PR, DO, BB and AS.

8 minutes ago, Maple said:

In the video posted here a few times Jaime talked about ho they have new eyes looking at it. After the Dinner and the garage I think that's some much needed eyes. To me the line is PR, DO, BB and AS.

"New eyes looking at it?"

Something something optometrist... (Puts on tinfoil hat.)

On 11/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, MT480 said:

On 11/24/2019 at 1:07 PM, Maple said:

So is their a poll on the forum asking Legomites which their favourite (top two or three) modular building sets?

On 11/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, Chilis said:

Omg, just think about the tremendous pressure the Lego designer(s) must be under when designing a new/the next modular... The expertations is limitless. :moar:

You know they have the next modular decided for 2020, 2021 and 2022 at least, they usually work on a span where they are 3 years ahead with things like this.  Same with a lot of design places, I have a friend who works at Hallmark and they already are working on the ornaments for 2022.  Depending on manufacturing criteria, they need that lead time to make sure enough get produced.  I believe that one of the TLG designers even disclosed this a couple years ago in a video.  

@Herky so true. I remember seeing the video. They're probably working out finishing touches/details for 2021 modular and are in the beginning staves of the 2022 modular design.

44 minutes ago, PBRStreetgang said:

So is their a poll on the forum asking Legomites which their favourite (top two or three) modular building sets?

No. But I think the consensus is that Parisian Restaursnt is bar the favorite of most.

29 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

@Herky so true. I remember seeing the video. They're probably working out finishing touches/details for 2021 modular and are in the beginning staves of the 2022 modular design.

No. But I think the consensus is that Parisian Restaursnt is bar the favorite of most.

OK,..ta.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:07 AM, Maple said:

To me the line is PR, DO, BB and AS

Depends on whether you count the Haunted House as a modular - to me that is just as good as PR.

1 hour ago, ArneNielsen said:

Depends on whether you count the Haunted House as a modular - to me that is just as good as PR.

Hounted House is not Modular in terms of Modular building series. Same as Ninjago City or Ninjago city docks. Modulars are series branded as Creator Expert series. Hounted house was D2C within Monster fighters line. Besides it has different system. Modulars have detachable floors but HH has openning on side like doll house. 

6 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Hounted House is not Modular in terms of Modular building series. Same as Ninjago City or Ninjago city docks. Modulars are series branded as Creator Expert series. Hounted house was D2C within Monster fighters line. Besides it has different system. Modulars have detachable floors but HH has openning on side like doll house. 

Ninjago City is amazing.  I think it might actually be better than any traditional modular.

1 hour ago, MT480 said:

Ninjago City is amazing.  I think it might actually be better than any traditional modular.

I agree, its a very amazing set. Playable, displayable, with many features, smart builds and techniques and overal for a great price. But since its not a modular, its kinda not fair to compare (at least in a way that NC represents a whole city - or bigger part of it on 32x32, but modulars represents just one/two buildings - or three in case of AS). Its just different.

So Lego Ideas have today revealed the 15 finalists for the vintage car contest where the winner will be released as a gift with purchase set, designed to fit in with the modular buildings.

There are a couple of police cars in the final 15. I'm gonna take this as a sign that Lego are not planning to release a modular police station any time in the near future.

Maybe I'm making too many assumptions but I don't think they'd want to release a police car set if it could clash with the style of any potential police modular buildings already being planned.

So it's the end of November and we still have no photos of the new modular to my knowledge... :look: The DD two years ago was already leaked nine days ago and was going to be officially announced in two days... And last year, the inventory sheet of the CG was going to be leaked tomorrow and it was going to be officially announced in five days... And when is this one going to be announced? :moar:

20 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

So it's the end of November and we still have no photos of the new modular to my knowledge... :look: The DD two years ago was already leaked nine days ago and was going to be officially announced in two days... And last year, the inventory sheet of the CG was going to be leaked tomorrow and it was going to be officially announced in five days... And when is this one going to be announced? :moar:

I must have missed the inventory sheet of CG when it came out...

I wouldn't bet on the next modular leaking before the announcement. I do hope it is announced in the first week of December and not later, since TLG seems to have been pushing their reveals closer and closer to release dates.

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

So Lego Ideas have today revealed the 15 finalists for the vintage car contest where the winner will be released as a gift with purchase set, designed to fit in with the modular buildings.

Hmmm, not bad, I suppose my favorite choices have to be Trucking Like it's 1939 by raimo and 1940's Classic Police Car by Spacewalker78:classic:

resize:1600:900resize:1600:900

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

If they follow the same schedule as last year then that will mean the new modular is gonna be revealed on Monday next week. :sweet: