The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Not to get toooo deep into speculative territory, but it's starting to seem very likely that the new bulldog might appear in the next modular. Leaked pictures have revealed two different colors, one of which is now confirmed to be in a City set, and so many 2020 sets have been revealed by now that there don't seem to be many other options left for where the other one could show up. And yeah, the potential inclusion of a particular animal probably doesn't have that much bearing on the set as a whole, but it being an English bulldog drives my apophenic brain to think the building could have a distinctly English flair.

Yes, I know I'm reaching.

I think the English bulldog will most likely be in the modular also.. The other option I see is the BAM tower, but so far we have not seen a recolored animal mould there so close after the mould was released..

Do not mean much other than that Lego likes to put new pieces in the modular sets :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I think that its fake. Its way to similar to the already existing moc 

You're right. Its exactly like an already existing MOC that I've seen months ago. This is not the next modular.

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I think that its fake. Its way to similar to the already existing moc 

That moc is my LEGO IDEAS project, Brick Town Police Station. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fa5635b2-3b10-42e7-b7cc-027744005b84

I'm hoping that description on Wikipedia isn't true, as it seems to have a lot of similarities with my design.

Edited by Bricked1980

48 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

That moc is my LEGO IDEAS project, Brick Town Police Station. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fa5635b2-3b10-42e7-b7cc-027744005b84

I'm hoping that description on Wikipedia isn't true, as it seems to have a lot of similarities with my design.

48 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

You can track any edits on Wikipedia. The editor of the Police Station doesn't have an account, but the IP has made a few edits across Wikipedia in the past. Some appeared to be controversial nonsense in unrelated topics which was subsequently removed, the other edit was on the modulars stating that old Market Street modulars was unique in that it was labelled as a FACTORY, and not a CREATOR product...

Hmmm... That police station description is pretty interesting... It indeed has a lot of similarities with @Bricked1980‘s MOC but has some differences and has a surprisingly detailed and a long description. It doesn’t seem legit to me though as 10269 is an already existing set (Harley-Davidson) as mentioned. Also an interesting find: someone called Wabbajack_47 on the Reddit topic of @Bricked1980‘s MOC wrote this following comment:

Well I like the donut store, and you need one if you want police, but I would maybe prefer it to be a separate 16x32 modular building added to the side. I did not want to sound critical, this is in my opinion the best "modular-like" police station I have seen yet.

And for those who haven’t seen the Wikipedia description, it goes like this:

The Police Station (set number 10269) is the second largest building, after Assembly Square. Like Assembly Square, this set takes up a 32x32 and 16x32 baseplate. Two thirds of the combined baseplate area is taken up by the massive police station, while the other third consists of a small building housing other businesses: a donut shop and an optometrists office. The ground floor police station has a front desk with different cupboards and drawers holding mail, money and other office equipment. Several wanted posters, similar to the ones in the 2015 detectives office hang on the wall behind the desk. There is also an interrogation room in the far corner. The donut shop has a sign that reads "Bob's" using a similar technique to those used in the Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, Town Hall and Detectives Office. The interior of the donut shop has a front counter waiting area and a small but detailed kitchen. The top floor jail cell block is simple but interesting. It includes four jail cells with a bed and toilet in each cell. All four cells are pretty much the same except one, which has a secret compartment behind the toilet for storing valuables the prisoner doesn't want the police to see. The optometrist's office is scarcely decorated on the interior but has a intricate brick built pair of spectacles on the exterior to draw attention to the fairly small clinic.

Look at the beginning of the Wikipedia description. 32x32 + 16x32... 

Oh, I don’t want to sound like I’m trying to say it’s Wabbajack_47 who wrote that description on Wikipedia. I just found that interesting so wanted to share it. :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Whatever it is, I'd love to use one of these colors in large quantities:

1) sand red (!!!)
2) bright light yellow (cool yellow)

They are two colors with little diffusion (above all the first one!) and that personally would allow me to make new very interesting moc.

The claim of "second largest" definitely doesn't track with existing reports of the piece count and price, so I'm like 95% certain that Wikipedia edit is an elaborate fake. The description of the "Bob's" sign is also a red flag, if only because the letter B would be indistinguishable from an 8 when using the building style referred to there.

14 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Not to get toooo deep into speculative territory, but it's starting to seem very likely that the new bulldog might appear in the next modular. Leaked pictures have revealed two different colors, one of which is now confirmed to be in a City set, and so many 2020 sets have been revealed by now that there don't seem to be many other options left for where the other one could show up. And yeah, the potential inclusion of a particular animal probably doesn't have that much bearing on the set as a whole, but it being an English bulldog drives my apophenic brain to think the building could have a distinctly English flair.

Yes, I know I'm reaching.

It is funny, I had never heard the term English Bulldog before. Here, they tend to be called British Bulldogs, and are often accompanied by the British (not English) flag. There was even the WWE wrestler Davey Boy Smith, known as the British Bulldog.

But an English inspired modular would be fine for me.

As to the police station: "It includes four jail cells with a bed and toilet in each cell." Given how many toilets LEGO tend to put in buildings, this seems very suspicious!

Edited by MAB

3 hours ago, tafkatb said:

The claim of "second largest" definitely doesn't track with existing reports of the piece count and price...

Do we have a rumored price and piece count for the 2020 modular? I must have missed that tidbit of information. 

2 hours ago, MAB said:

It is funny, I had never heard the term English Bulldog before. Here, they tend to be called British Bulldogs, and are often accompanied by the British (not English) flag. There was even the WWE wrestler Davey Boy Smith, known as the British Bulldog.

But an English inspired modular would be fine for me.

As to the police station: "It includes four jail cells with a bed and toilet in each cell." Given how many toilets LEGO tend to put in buildings, this seems very suspicious!

English and British Bulldog are the same thing... the Kennel Club just call them Bulldogs!

Also, glad to say I once met the British Bulldog - Davey Boy Smith in Woolworths, Chester :grin:

I'm going to stick to its some sorta Bookshop, two stories on 32x32 base plate. The Police Station is far to wild for what Lego would do, in my mind. I look at Assembly Square and then the Police Station Description. Its like what hun? I Scared to know the price on a modular that wild it doesn't feel official!

I am still seeing it on the entry for Lego Modular Buildings in Wikipedia.  Of course, if they made a police station, everyone would expect a donut shop.  In a sense though, that seems a little bit too cliche and uncreative on the part of Lego to give us something that everyone would expect.  Four jail cells seems a bit repetitive and no mention is made at all of the color or architectural style of the building.  No car either would be surprising.  Although I would not mind a modular police station, there is nothing mentioned that is particularly exciting.  

8 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Do we have a rumored price and piece count for the 2020 modular? I must have missed that tidbit of information. 

2504 pieces (rumored, but from a fairly reliable source) and $179.99 (from a very reliable source). Neither one 100% confirmed yet though.

So, a little smaller than the Corner Garage? I would like to finally see a Police Station rather than bookstore but who am I kidding....I'll buy whatever Lego puts out!

I'd also like something other than a police station. Unless TLG can make a really original or special police station... idk, it seems a little.... Uninspired.

I could go for either a bookstore or a police station, but am waiting to see what they actually release.  

As far as the supposed police station description, why would they include an optometrist.  Seems a bit out of place to me, but then again they did put a vet clinic above a car repair shop/ gas station and a boxing gym above a diner.

5 hours ago, CSW652 said:

why would they include an optometrist.  

Because it's the modular for 2020?

But again, I highly doubt the rumor. I do think an optometrist would be pretty great though, and would actually pair well with a book shop. So that's another thing for me to get my hopes up about...

On 11/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, dario2739 said:

Also, glad to say I once met the British Bulldog - Davey Boy Smith in Woolworths, Chester :grin:

What a claim to fame! I once met two of the Gladiators at the opening of the St Nicholas Centre in Sutton... ?

3 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Because it's the modular for 2020?

Very good! ?

That's actually a very Jamie Berrard type of humour so it wouldn't surprise me.

The cops and doughnut shop combo is also something they would do, although I suspect it the Wiki entry was a a fake.

if we do get an optometrist, I hope it comes with a printed 2x3 Snellen Chart tile.

Omg, just think about the tremendous pressure the Lego designer(s) must be under when designing a new/the next modular... The expertations is limitless. :moar: