The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Another hotel? It really doesn't make sense. CC is a great set and we need something new. 

Cafe Corner realistically wasn’t a hotel, it was nothing. Technically it is because of the sign, but there’s no interior. So while a new hotel wouldn’t be our first hotel, it wouldn’t be our first functioning hotel. :tongue:

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Cafe Corner realistically wasn’t a hotel, it was nothing. Technically it is because of the sign, but there’s no interior. So while a new hotel wouldn’t be our first hotel, it wouldn’t be our first functioning hotel. :tongue:

I wonder if TLG would consider releasing an interiors pack for those early, empty modulars?

Keeping this on the theme, I’d like to see a shop of some kind, perhaps a general store.  Unless you have market street, I don’t recall any grocery store.  

57 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

I wonder if TLG would consider releasing an interiors pack for those early, empty modulars?

Keeping this on the theme, I’d like to see a shop of some kind, perhaps a general store.  Unless you have market street, I don’t recall any grocery store.  

You could consider 'Green Grocer' as being an grocery store.....

I guess.  The earlier modulars are something I missed, and I think many did too, so perhaps a redo.  We’ve had the downtown diner and the Parisian restaurant, so they’re duplicate to a point.  

10 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Have you considered using Lego Ideas sets for the interiors? I've seen someone fit the contents of the Big Bang Theory set into one of the upper floors of the Cafe Corner. And I'm thinking the upcoming Friends set (the tv show, not the theme) may work for the first floor. Maybe the Research Institute can fit into the remaining floor.

Here is one example. If I try this, I'll see if I can line the floor with wood panels.

IMG_9866

12 hours ago, jus1973 said:

It would be cool. They have sets like that, in the Disney Princess theme, so they do it already. As said already, Green Grocer is a market, but the other floors are pretty much empty.

I wouldn't mind if the early Modulars were 'Remastered' with better parts usage and interior detail. only thing is that these earlier sets are that they used pieces that aren't in production nowadays.

There seems to be a trend of re-releasing (or remastering) older crown jewel lego sets, ones that can cost as much as a cheap used car on the second-hand market SEALED. 

A little promo preview for the Disney Train on the LEGO Shop (I think, I saw screenshots of it on Instagram) mentions that the train station houses, among other things, a "cafe corner".

Mmmmmmh... Where did I put my tinfoil hat?

11 hours ago, Terrasher said:

A little promo preview for the Disney Train on the LEGO Shop (I think, I saw screenshots of it on Instagram) mentions that the train station houses, among other things, a "cafe corner".

Mmmmmmh... Where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Yeah you probably don't need that hat today...

• Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO® ǀ Disney surprise.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, is anyone here aware we have set numbers for 2020's Creator Expert sets? Apparently 10270 already has listed a part count at 2504 pieces: 

StoneWars - LEGO 2020 News: Creator Expert

Some interesting things listed in the city line too.  Race boat transport is basically what I purchased the helicopter transport to Mod into.  Lots more police coming too.

Of all the modular buildings available, which one should I buy? I can afford one of them.

43 minutes ago, DylANK said:

Of all the modular buildings available, which one should I buy? I can afford one of them.

Assembly Square was on sale at Walmart and it is an incredible value/build, probably retiring soon. If that is too much for your budget now, Parisian Restaurant is the best of the regular modulars.

5 hours ago, DylANK said:

There is no such thing as “I can only afford one of them.”  Once you buy one, the others seem to jump into your shopping basket over a fairly short period of time.  More addictive than some fairly illegal substances I believe. ????

On 8/22/2019 at 5:03 AM, Chiaroscuro said:

Assembly Square was on sale at Walmart and it is an incredible value/build, probably retiring soon. If that is too much for your budget now, Parisian Restaurant is the best of the regular modulars.

Oh man. How much was it on sale for?

On 8/24/2019 at 7:27 AM, BrickFit26 said:

Oh man. How much was it on sale for?

You can use https://brickhawk.com to get email alerts when sets go on sale. Has Walmart and a few other retailers.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:16 PM, DylANK said:

Well, some of them won't be available much longer - at least not from Lego and official shops. You'll be able to buy them off ebay, but they'll get more expensive once they're out of stores. If you are thinking about buying more of them in the future, I suggest to buy the Parisian Restaurant or Assembly Square (AS being the larger and more expensive one of the two) before they go out of production. 

If you really only ever want one, my personal favorite (of the ones still in stores) is the American/Downtown Diner. It's so charming with it's bubblegum colors and funny interiors. Also, since this one is newer, you'll be able to get deals on it. I bought mine 25 percent off. 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, Vindicare said:

That would be great fun. I would certainly prefer a 50’s era one as that is what I picture. It would be a nice addition to the current era style the Modulars are living in. 

I'm also in love with the 50s theme, though I hate the more industrial look of the Corner Garage (first modular I haven't bought in years). If it's more like the Diner, I'm all for it. Petticoats and ponytails, convertibles and rollerblades, and the architecture and colors to go with it - it's brilliant fun. 

Edited by dorea

The Corner Garage is the first modular in quite a few years I have no interest in. Mostly because I dont like the dark orange color they used.

Although I intend to pick up a few of the neat parts (like the printed vet surgery window piece and the "octan gas" tile) from Bricks & Pieces or BrickLink in the near future for potential future use in MOCs.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

I heard some news that 10255 will retire at the end of this year too. Is this true? But some people say that retired will be 10243. This is really confusing. I don't know which one to buy. Can you give me some advice?

Always start with the oldest: in this case Parisian Restaurant :).

It is a really nice build, and it is just an amazing display pliece/play piece when it is finished.

2 hours ago, bbrousong said:

I heard some news that 10255 will retire at the end of this year too. Is this true? But some people say that retired will be 10243. This is really confusing. I don't know which one to buy. Can you give me some advice?

Maybe they will both be retired. Last year Brick Bank and Detectives Office were retired at the same time.