The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

42 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

That would be awesome. A Wayne manor has been on people’s minds for quite some time. Plus, I don’t think having a themed building like that would alienate costumers because the only real deterrent would be some of the minifigs. Whether it be a Daily Bugle/Planet, Strange’s brownstone or what have you. The building would just be another Modular, more or less. 

Sadly I don't think Wayne Manor would work well as a Modular. It's more of a stand alone. But I would kill for an Art Deco Wayne Industries building :wub:

Edited by Faefrost

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Sadly I don't think Wayne Manor would work well as a Modular. It's more of a stand alone. But I would kill for an Art Deco Wayne Industries building :wub:

True...that was the first thing to pop in my mind & I was thinking about that fold out one I’ve seen...but oh yes, I would be an accessory to that kill for that! :tongue: 

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That would be awesome. A Wayne manor has been on people’s minds for quite some time. Plus, I don’t think having a themed building like that would alienate costumers because the only real deterrent would be some of the minifigs. Whether it be a Daily Bugle/Planet, Strange’s brownstone or what have you. The building would just be another Modular, more or less. 

I wouldn't mind a building like that, but, I guess it would be released under the super heroes theme. If so, would you still want your regular Creator Export building at the start of the year, or would you happy for this to takes it's place?  You'll also have to put up with people arguing if it's a real modular or not; just like they did with Ninjago City.

5 hours ago, Gorki247 said:

I wouldn't mind a building like that, but, I guess it would be released under the super heroes theme. If so, would you still want your regular Creator Export building at the start of the year, or would you happy for this to takes it's place?  You'll also have to put up with people arguing if it's a real modular or not; just like they did with Ninjago City.

I’d be okay with it in place of the Modular, so long as the building went with the others. The only distinction would be the minifigs, in the case Strange’s brownstone. Of course, with a named building like Wayne Indistries, Daily Bugle/Planet would likely irritate people if they weren’t easily removed. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, Faefrost said:

I would like a nice as you say “Grand” building. We’re overdue for a new Government Anchor building. Civil buildings seem the most likely to fit what you describe. For a European style building a Post Office would be perfect. While a Police Precinct would be an excellent American style. And am Ithe only one wishing that they would sneak a licensed building or two into the modular? A full blown Dr. Stranges brownstone from the comics or Avengers Central Park ?Mansion would be amazing. Or a Dailly Bugle building. 

I would personally be quite annoyed if LEGO replaced a Creator Expert creation with a licensed modular set. We've had Joker's Mansion and other sets that can be modified into modular buildings from the superheroes section of Lego, and that's all well and good, but for me, the modulars are a look into the real world of Lego, where superheroes don't exist and people have every day problems. I love the small town-ness of it all, and how the ordinary can be extraordinary... or something as simple as a proposal could be on the front page of the newspaper etc. My town is a bunch of buildings in the world of LEGO! It's not got anything licensed to it, and I think that's quite rare, when Star Wars / Marvel etc. get quite a lot of sets to themselves, and we get the one modular each year... 

I've included The Avengers in my town at the moment, so I'm not against superheroes by any means, or keeping everything super ordinary, but it's great to have made up buildings that are a creation from a real world building or just from the designers imagination... 

Just my thoughts! :O) 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:14 AM, Mosse1997 said:

Feels weird if they did go all in on renewable energy with Plants from plants and a Wind Turbine but also released a gas station. But on the other hand, as you have discussed before, the whole line of modulars are not futuristic, so an Gas station or Garage from the '50s would make sense.

As the geek I am, I would love if they team up with Tesla and released a modular Showroom. Or just released a new Theme "Elon Musk" including the SpaceX rockets from the Lego Ideas, Modular Tesla Showroom and a Technic Tesla Model X (same size as the Porches and Bugatti) 

it is probably too controversial for Lego to make that deal though. And they would perhaps not put another company brand on a modular building.

I so agree! They should make a "Elon Musk" theme or even better a Showroom! #PROUD TESLA MODELX P100D OWNER!

On 12/21/2018 at 7:36 PM, Faefrost said:

But I would kill for an Art Deco Wayne Industries building :wub:

Oooooh, which incarnation would you be speaking of? One from the comics or perhaps from Nolan's Batman Begins:sweet:

Wayne-Tower.jpg3_Wayne-Enterprises_Chicago_The-Dark-Kni

thinking about it , a view tower / observation deck / rotating restaurant  like the CN tower in Toronto wouldn't be a bad idea as a modular set !

Edited by danimarroquin

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, which incarnation would you be speaking of? One from the comics or perhaps from Nolan's Batman Begins:sweet:

Wayne-Tower.jpg3_Wayne-Enterprises_Chicago_The-Dark-Kni

In their Lego Neighborhood Book 2, The Lyles brothers have pictures of a near perfect building for Wayne Industries. An Art Deco office tower with a nice Bat symbol on the front. Not to far from your second picture.

5 hours ago, Faefrost said:

In their Lego Neighborhood Book 2, The Lyles brothers have pictures of a near perfect building for Wayne Industries. An Art Deco office tower with a nice Bat symbol on the front. Not to far from your second picture.

As a modular?! :oh3: Do the authors have any Flickr pages that would showcase any of the builds featured in that book, or are they exclusive content? 

I would like more information about the next creator expert car which looks like will be number 10265 and named "Ford Mustang GT" are these infos believable? Do you know when it will be released?

30 minutes ago, TheLegomane said:

I would like more information about the next creator expert car which looks like will be number 10265 and named "Ford Mustang GT" are these infos believable? Do you know when it will be released?

EB member @AllanSmith acknowledges that it is indeed real! :wink:

On 9/11/2018 at 8:06 PM, TheLegomane said:

Amazon France has listed the sets 10264, 10265, 10266 and 10267

Brickset list the following D2C sets now:

1. 71044: {Large D2C set} the rumors say it is a disney set

2. 75252: {Star Wars D2C set}

3. 75936: {Jurassic World? D2C set}

4. 10266: {D2C set}

5. 10267: {Winter village set}

6. 10269: {Vehicle D2C set}

7. 76139: {Batvehicle D2C set}

10264 is the corner garage, so if the rest is right then what is 10265 and 10266? One is probably a fairground set I guess :shrug_oh_well:

On 1/6/2019 at 9:43 AM, Roebuck said:

10264 is the corner garage, so if the rest is right then what is 10265 and 10266? One is probably a fairground set I guess :shrug_oh_well:

10265 will probably be the expert car. Some say that it'll be a "Ford Mustang GT"

4 minutes ago, TheLegomane said:

10265 will probably be the expert car. Some say that it'll be a "Ford Mustang GT"

10269 is supposedly a car, so I asume one of them is something else unless they are making two cars this year :def_shrug:

On 1/6/2019 at 3:43 AM, Roebuck said:

A fairground set seems like a pretty reasonable guess.

We also haven't heard if there will be any new "Out of the Vault" sets for 2019 like the Taj Mahal or Vestas Wind Turbine. Most of the recently re-released/updated D2C sets we've seen from both Creator Expert and Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series have been around 9 or 10 years old. If that pattern continues, some promising contenders for re-releases or updates in 2019 would be Emerald Night or Imperial Flagship.

I would personally lean towards Emerald Night as the most likely candidate for a Creator Expert re-release, both because it ties in better with other recent sets/themes, and because one of the big things the original did was help prove to AFOLs the benefits of the new Power Functions system. An updated version this year could do the same for its successor, Power Functions 2.0/Powered Up.

Of course, LEGO could make a controversial move like they did with the Death Star and release an updated version of Tower Bridge, which only just retired on the LEGO Shop site in Europe and hasn't even been retired from the one in the United States!

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

or Imperial Flagship

It is the 30 year anniversary for pirates this year and Lego should give the starved fans a bone if nothing else :sceptic:

Set 10266 is being listed on Pricevortex (www.pricevortex.com) as "10266 # LEGO Creator Expert Discovery (D2C). The first thing that came to mind was a space shuttle similar to 10231 or 10213, any ideas anyone? :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is the 30 year anniversary for pirates this year and Lego should give the starved fans a bone if nothing else :sceptic:

While that would be nice, one of my misgivings about re-releasing Imperial Flagship is that it's sort of mediocre compared to what LEGO has shown they're capable of today. The sails, masts, and rigging are certainly impressive, particularly for their time, but overall in a lot of ways the level of complexity and detail pales in comparison to even non-"expert" sets like 70618. So I think if LEGO wanted to do another D2C ship like that they'd probably be better off coming up with an entirely new design rather than re-releasing Imperial Flagship.

Also, in general, I feel like the anniversary celebrations LEGO focuses on most are of things that have had a more or less constant presence in the company's range of products since their introduction… for example, the company's founding (1932), the LEGO System of Play (1955), the LEGO brick with stud-and-tube system (1958), LEGO trains (1966), LEGO Technic (1977), the LEGO minifigure (1978), LEGO Star Wars (1999), LEGO City (2005), LEGO Modular Buildings (2007), etc.

Of the play themes considered evergreen back in the 90s (Town, Castle, Space, and Pirates), Pirates not only has the shortest history, but also has been the least consistent staple of the LEGO product range in the years since. Despite being 30 years old, there have only been 14 years' worth of new LEGO Pirates sets to date (including LEGO Legends re-releases). You can increase that to 16 if you count the Pirates of the Caribbean sets, and 18 if you count the 4+ and Duplo Pirates sets, but that's still not nearly as reliable a presence as there has been for other stuff LEGO has celebrated anniversaries for, or even other stuff that LEGO hasn't celebrated anniversaries for.

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

Set 10266 is being listed on Pricevortex (www.pricevortex.com) as "10266 # LEGO Creator Expert Discovery (D2C). The first thing that came to mind was a space shuttle similar to 10231 or 10213, any ideas anyone? :sceptic:

Or a 'discovery from the vault' maybe? (Green Grocer?)

23 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Pirates not only has the shortest history, but also has been the least consistent staple of the LEGO product range in the years since. Despite being 30 years old, there have only been 14 years' worth of new LEGO Pirates sets to date (including LEGO Legends re-releases).

Is it a stretch to think TLG has kind of soured on the idea of piracy considering all the entities taking stuff that doesn't belong to them. Argh. :pir_mad:

Brickset has them listed as this:

10265 car

10267 Winter Village

10268 Vestas Wind Turbine

10269 Vehicle D2C

20 hours ago, paupadros said:

I wondered about it being a Space Shuttle too. Another thing I thought is that it sounds a bit like the name of a boat/ship. There have been several ships throughout history with the name Discovery. 

Resolution and Discovery.jpg

It's a long shot but could we be in line for a new Creator Expert ship along the lines of the Imperial Flagship, especially as others have said, with this being the 30th anniversary of LEGO Pirates.

14 hours ago, CSW652 said:

Brickset has them listed as this:

10265 car

10267 Winter Village

10268 Vestas Wind Turbine

10269 Vehicle D2C

At first when I read this I thought it made it sound as if there will be 2 Creator Expert cars released this year. But of course perhaps 10269 doesn't have to be a car. It could be any kind of vehicle, maybe a re-release of Emerald Night or a new train altogether.

I think it's very likely that LEGO will continue the trend of re-releasing a past set this year, and Emerald Night or Imperial Flagship seem like perfect candidates to me.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I wondered about it being a Space Shuttle too. Another thing I thought is that it sounds a bit like the name of a boat/ship. There have been several ships throughout history with the name Discovery. 

I think it's very likely that LEGO will continue the trend of re-releasing a past set this year, and Emerald Night or Imperial Flagship seem like perfect candidates to me.

Hadn't though of that. Could very easily be either. I'm almost certain one will be a rerelease but the other one with the "car" tag kind of puzzles me. We'll see! :classic: