The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

37 minutes ago, jpx said:

My daughters swimming starts at 17:00, to my luck :) 

But where will the news be shown? lego.com? 

Pretty sure Eurobricks admins will release information about the set exactly once the time comes.

It’ll be in a separate thread though , so refresh the front page!

It would be really cool if LEGO unveiled the new set live on Youtube, similar to how they do when they announce which LEGO Ideas sets have been approved for production.

Hope the set lives up to all the hype. Also I really hope it is coming out on January 1st, despite the fact it's not mentioned in the store calendar.

18 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

I don’t know what is the average age of this forum but reading all the hype about the countdown, sorry but we are not yet 16+ to be “legit” to build the next modular :cry3::rofl::moar: !

To quote an awesome movie,

"But the box on this one said ages 8 to 14!"

"That's a suggestion, they have to put that on there."

Besides, kudos to you for building above your building age! (If that's even a thing)

1 minute ago, Bricked1980 said:

It would be really cool if LEGO unveiled the new set live on Youtube, similar to how they do when they announce which LEGO Ideas sets have been approved for production.

Hope the set lives up to all the hype. Also I really hope it is coming out on January 1st, despite the fact it's not mentioned in the store calendar.

That would be awesome! 

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the designer video?

Relax everyone or we will break the interweb,  Oh who am I kidding, kind of nice to see this going the way it is supposed to, no leaks. 

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

Relax everyone or we will break the interweb,  Oh who am I kidding, kind of nice to see this going the way it is supposed to, no leaks. 

Haha, we've started 4 new pages in the last 24 hours, two of them in the last 3! I think the modular will be revealed on page 112.

Just now, The_Nev said:

Haha, we've started 4 new pages in the last 24 hours, two of them in the last 3! I think the modular will be revealed on page 112.

But we're already on page 311...

Hi everyone, my name is Rodrigo, from Argentina, and I'm a silent reader of all your opinions, discussions and ideas. They are very constructive for my plans regarding building modulars and the planning of my city.

When I saw there were four new pages in this thread, I thought: "Finally, LEGO revealed it!", but it's good to see a countdown. So much anxiety!

Edited by primocucu

Just now, Paperballpark said:

But we're already on page 311...

Only half an hour to go, and there's not much left to be said, people are holding their breath. But there'll still be enough discussion to push onto another page. That's my thinking anyway.

2 minutes ago, placidsheep said:

Fed up of lurking.. thought id pop my head out to say I cannot wait for the unveil. :excited:

Just now, Emmet516 said:

Hi, the modular countdown made me join Eurobricks and post my first reply. We are the world

Welcome to the fun!

Just now, The_Nev said:

Only half an hour to go, and there's not much left to be said,

Of course, there is - maybe another 50 posts saying how long it will be before the reveal.

Half an hour now. 

What to do when it's finally revealed? Been constantly checking this forum and other sites since September for rumours and discussions. And it's still a while away for the 2020-modular hype train. 

Do you think there will be the same amount of hype when Elon Mask finally reaches the Mars? ))

Just now, chezzymann said:

This has to be the most hype for a modular ever right? So much buildup.

Yes, I'm still trying to figure out whether it's more fun with or without leaked images.
Both have their pros and cons. Ths suspense seems to be more intense, over here in The Netherlands.
Might have to break open a bottle of single malt, to calm the nerves...

Just now, Bainter-ban said:

Half an hour now. 

What to do when it's finally revealed? Been constantly checking this forum and other sites since September for rumours and discussions. And it's still a while away for the 2020-modular hype train. 

You follow the fairground sets? There's a lot of possibilities for the next one! Think the main rumour doing the rounds now is a drop tower. That's the next announcement on my radar!

Just now, adwind said:

Do you think there will be the same amount of hype when Elon Mask finally reaches the Mars? ))

Doubt it!

Just now, chezzymann said:

This has to be the most hype for a modular ever right? So much buildup. It better be good or there will be chaos lol

First time we haven't had images leaked since this thread started I think.  Actually, AS had no images I think.

Just now, The_Nev said:

Actually, AS had no images I think.

I remember there being a very vague, heavily distorted one, but I might be mistaken.

Any of you guys remember the episode of South Park, in which Cartman is waiting for the release of the Nintendo Wii (ending in hibernation and traveling to the future..)? I guess, we are much worse :)

Just now, The_Nev said:

You follow the fairground sets? There's a lot of possibilities for the next one! Think the main rumour doing the rounds now is a drop tower. That's the next announcement on my radar!

I think they are great and beautifully designed. However, I never buy them, and I'm not that interested in owning them. I'm more interested in buildings and sets from historical eras. The other series of sets I'm following are WW and HP (and Castle when it existed), but only the big, D2C sets. I'm hoping for a Diagon Alley modular style building.  

Just now, kodlovag said:

Any of you guys remember the episode of South Park, in which Cartman is waiting for the release of the Nintendo Wii (ending in hibernation and traveling to the future..)? I guess, we are much worse :)

My favorite one is where they are buying PS4 and Xbox with that mashup with game of thrones ))