The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

49 minutes ago, chorus said:

The next modular will be named "No hope lane", and will include the following:

*huh* This is a joke, isn’t it?! 

Plot twist: This turned out to be the actual 2019 modular we've all been waiting for.

Edited by LegoModularFan

19 minutes ago, chorus said:

The sister of my aunts dead husband just Instagrammed me a message I can't remember about the next modular.

~~

Sorry, that is all the information I have at the moment!

Oooh, sounds exciting! I'm really looking forward to the --CONFIDENTIAL IMAGE--DO NOT CROSS-- leaks!

1 hour ago, paupadros said:

So in the end, it will be the first rumour that emerged! I'm also a bit curious about the architectural style they might go for; the first floor being a diner kind of forces the rest of the look of the building, but a petrol station could basically be a one off-thing on the ground level for then to be whatever on top. Here hoping for something really well crafted, packed with great pieces and great shaping. A corner unit ultimately allows for a more free floor plan, so it would be great to have an alleyway of some sort (Mike -yep assuming this modular's his :tongue:- said he liked buildings that didn't go until the end of the plot). Hoping for some Vibrant Coral, but that's wishful thinking.

The time's coming, guys!

Probably it's kind of Disney'esque. Something genuinely made up. 

6 hours ago, chorus said:

The sister of my aunts dead husband just Instagrammed me a message I can't remember about the next modular.

Apparently there has been a lot of rumors about a police or petrol station. This is not true because it is bad for business and the environment.

~~~

Excellent! Hopefully it comes with a pimp!

By the sounds of it, I'm going to like this one! Really excited for these next 9 or so hours to pass!

It's funny, we were told what the modular is ages ago, and didn't realise. Once it's revealed, I'm going to go back and reread all the pages from this speculation season, and see how much was right!

6 hours ago, chorus said:

Apparently there has been a lot of rumors about a police or petrol station. This is not true because it is bad for business and the environment.

Ground floor - Gun shop: Introducing brand new parts for shotgun, uzi, AK47, bazooka and kevlar vest. 
1st floor - Brothel: Upgraded light element, now with red bulb. Apparently also some new minifig molds based on the Friends figures, but this was a bit unclear.
2nd floor - Secret meth lab: It is also this time a fun theme running through the set with the lab smuggling the crystals (new mold) through the building and in to the accompanied ice cream van vehicle outside.

The set is neither a corner nor a straight, more of a 50/50 split between a building and a dark narrow passage next to it called "Needle Alley". The alley has enough space for the ice cream van, its customers and a funny hobo and his "house".
There is also a second vehicle included, an undercover police car with a corrupt cop in it named Buzzing Bennie. Apparently the trunk of the vehicle has enough space to hold a minifig.

The color scheme used is mostly grey, dark grey, black and new color "gutter brown". Additional new pieces are brand new 2x1 brick with bullet holes (mold), 4x1 brick with blood splatter (printed), windows with broken glass (mold) and barred up door (print).

Someone around here is an absolute master of Moc'ing exactly what you describe. Urban decay, collapse and failure in all it's glory and depravity. They are gorgeous buildings. I've been so tempted to follow his example. 

On 9/20/2018 at 5:36 PM, AllanSmith said:

I have been told by someone who orders from LEGO that the next modular is a service station. Will have to wait and see if that is true. :)

On 9/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, AllanSmith said:

Corner garage with vet above and apartment on top :)

41 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

It's funny, we were told what the modular is ages ago, and didn't realise. Once it's revealed, I'm going to go back and reread all the pages from this speculation season, and see how much was right!

I was the first to mention it on the 20th September. Can not wait to see what it looks like :)

Edited by AllanSmith

8 minutes ago, AllanSmith said:

I was the first to mention it on the 20th September. Can not what to see what it looks like :)

Corner Building makes sense considering Lego retiring the BB, but it befuddles me that they discontinued the Detectives Office before the Parisian Restaurant.  Unless the new modular is similar to it, I don't see why they did it though.  Unless it had poor sales.

as far as someone mentioned earlier, the piece count was leaked? I don't recall that being on the inventory sheet.

Can someone collaborate on this?

10 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

The worse thing Lego could think of, in the year of plant based ecologic bricks, is making a modular with a gas station in it

I have to agree.  It's counterproductive to their "Green" philosophy they are going after.

Maybe its not a gas station of this era? maybe it's Art Deco again?  so maybe an old thyme tow truck too?

also, 2,456 pieces is a bit low compared to previous modulars. Are they shrinking the pc count again?? but at the same time raising the price to $199.99 USD !?

I was hoping for a building similar in piece count to the Town Hall...  

Edit: for those wondering in the West, like me! 15:00 CET is 9:00am EST - So less than 9hrs to go!

Edited by ncx

8 hours ago, chorus said:

Ground floor - Gun shop: Introducing brand new parts for shotgun, uzi, AK47, bazooka and kevlar vest. 
1st floor - Brothel: Upgraded light element, now with red bulb. Apparently also some new minifig molds based on the Friends figures, but this was a bit unclear.
2nd floor - Secret meth lab: It is also this time a fun theme running through the set with the lab smuggling the crystals (new mold) through the building and in to the accompanied ice cream van vehicle outside.

The set is neither a corner nor a straight, more of a 50/50 split between a building and a dark narrow passage next to it called "Needle Alley". The alley has enough space for the ice cream van, its customers and a funny hobo and his "house".
There is also a second vehicle included, an undercover police car with a corrupt cop in it named Buzzing Bennie. Apparently the trunk of the vehicle has enough space to hold a minifig.

The color scheme used is mostly grey, dark grey, black and new color "gutter brown". Additional new pieces are brand new 2x1 brick with bullet holes (mold), 4x1 brick with blood splatter (printed), windows with broken glass (mold) and barred up door (print).

Oddly enough I’d still probably buy that.

8 hours ago, chorus said:

Haha. I am gonna buy this one! 

:p best rumor ever!

3 hours ago, ncx said:

Can someone collaborate on this?

It should come with 2569 pieces according to the rumor... :classic: 

6 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

5,5 hours to go?

Yay! :moar:

Props to LEGO for keeping the set under wraps this long. Even if the name and piece count is accurate, we still didn't get a single picture leak. I'm hyped like everyone else, crossing my fingers for some new/rare colors.

Just now, Bricked1980 said:

The first image of the new modular has been "leeked". *oh2*

Hide contents

32286603568_cb65800909_z_d.jpg

Sorry...  Couldn't resist! :laugh:

:laugh_hard:

Just now, Bricked1980 said:

Hide contents

I can't believe I read that as "Leaked" and not "Leeked" till I clicked the Spoiler lol 

You got me good.

4 hours ago, ncx said:

I have to agree.  It's counterproductive to their "Green" philosophy they are going after.

Maybe its not a gas station of this era? maybe it's Art Deco again?  so maybe an old thyme tow truck too?

It should be set in a similar timeframe as the Diner, at least not much later. And then they can just say "see, this non-green fuel is a thing of the past"...

?Special Edition: @Norton74 and Pixeljunkie ?

As today is the last day I'll be highlighting garage/gas station MOCs, I wanted to make it special... :classic: I'm only going to sharing MOCs by these two builders (@Norton74and Pixeljunkie) because they are both huge car fans, the vast majority of their MOCs are garages, gas stations, garage interiors and gas station interiors and that's what they are known for in the Lego community. Enjoy!

-@Norton74's Garages and Gas Stations:

-Some of @Norton74's Interiors:

Be sure to check out @Norton74's Flickr and Instagram!

-Some of Pixeljunkie's Interiors:

Be sure to check out Pixeljunkie's Flickr and Instagram!

5 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I was the first to mention it on the 20th September. Can not wait to see what it looks like :)

Good on you! Must be weird being in the know and watching all this speculation go on...

32 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Hide contents

Damn you! XD :D

and thanks @LegoModularFan for sharing those awesome designs! Should be interesting to compare some elements and techniques once we get pictures of the new one.

less than 4 hours to go! 

Just had a crazy thought, imagine if all the leaks so far are just red herrings, and we're all going to be completely caught unawares?!?! Unlikely, but can't rule it out!

Well, you guys will get to see the final version before me, but I gotta get to bed... when I wake up, my Facebook feed will be flooded with Modular news lol

17 minutes ago, cimddwc said:

It should be set in a similar timeframe as the Diner, at least not much later. And then they can just say "see, this non-green fuel is a thing of the past"...

you have a good point. that would be a good way to say, this is how things used to be and our future is much brighter now because of it.

3 minutes ago, just_one said:

4:35 hours to go!!

Almost there everybody!!

15:00 CET. Surely that would be only 3+ hrs to go