The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

He originally said he'd seen on instagram that there'd be a new modular. I took that to mean someone on instagram said 'there will be a new modular', with no details at all. From his posts above, that seems to be the case, but others have assumed he's actually seen it, when he hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Et7770 said:

Octan Gas Station

3502 pcs

Any source on this, or is it that same fake image from last year again?

Edit: you'e quoting the fake image from last year. 

Plus, I doubt they would give the set such a US-oriented name. They would go for something more generic than "gas station" that is recognisable around the world. Outside of North America nobody refers to it as a "gas station". Most of the English speaking world refers to them as "petrol stations" or "service stations". When we move into other languages, it would be even more confusing. 

Edited by nikhkin

We don’t have Downtown or Diners here but DD was the name used. In fact, the whole concept of a 50s diner is very American.

It’s not impossible that Gas Station could be used or even Body Shop which has nothing like the same meaning here. 

The Ambassador on Doctor-Brick.de has already confirmed that the Ambassadors have been informed (and are allowed to share) that the new Modular 1ß264 will be announced on Monday 15:00 CET. They have not been told any more details, though.

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

He originally said he'd seen on instagram that there'd be a new modular. I took that to mean someone on instagram said 'there will be a new modular', with no details at all. From his posts above, that seems to be the case, but others have assumed he's actually seen it, when he hasn't.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Et7770 said:

Octan Gas Station

3502 pcs

As in the fake one from last year, that's popping up again recently? Pictured here:

46141290991_bee4ea6829_m.jpgfake octan modular by The Nev, on Flickr

Although it is possible that Lego could choose the same name coincidentally, but I very highly doubt it.

24 minutes ago, Ivan Mani said:

We don’t have Downtown or Diners here but DD was the name used. In fact, the whole concept of a 50s diner is very American.

It’s not impossible that Gas Station could be used or even Body Shop which has nothing like the same meaning here. 

Very good point! 

34 minutes ago, Ivan Mani said:

You're right about that, but as you said, we don't have "diners" in a "downtown", but petrol stations are a global concept. That's why I would assume they'd go for something more generic and less region-specific for the name.

It's all irrelevant if the rumours of a mechanic are true.

Edited by nikhkin

I love that we’re all desperate to find out what it will be like kids on Christmas Eve looking at the wrapped boxes under the tree. 

Lets be honest, whatever it is, most of us will buy it and love parts of it and not so much other parts. 

I just hope it comes in at a price I can afford as I’ve been a bit greedy these past couple of months. 

More Garage/Gas Station MOCs as promised:

Scuderia Ferrari by Michel Van den Heuvel

34088320491_8e0f6e00fe_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_2721 by Michel Van den Heuvel, on Flickr

Of Rust and Gasoline by @Rolli

41605882391_1497acce85_c.jpgOf Rust and Gasoline by Markus  Rollbühler, on Flickr

Truck Garage by @Konajra

9711076540_291fe97bdd_c.jpgtruck garage by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

I'll share more builds tomorrow (probably the last ones)... 

Edited by LegoModularFan

50 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

More Garage/Gas Station MOCs as promised:

Scuderia Ferrari by Michel Van den Heuvel

34088320491_8e0f6e00fe_k.jpg

This definitely has me sold on an older style mechanic with wooden doors rather than rolling doors like those found on the front of the Fire Brigade.

1 hour ago, jus1973 said:

I love that we’re all desperate to find out what it will be like kids on Christmas Eve looking at the wrapped boxes under the tree. 

Lets be honest, whatever it is, most of us will buy it and love parts of it and not so much other parts. 

I just hope it comes in at a price I can afford as I’ve been a bit greedy these past couple of months. 

Definitely! I feel you on the price, I doubt I'll be buying it until the end of the year, only just bought FB a couple of weeks back when I found it at a very good price I couldn't go past for BNIB. Hoping to snag a Ferris Wheel before it disappears from the shelves ASAP, which will leave me pretty empty for a while, especially with Christmas around the corner!

As for the Monday 3pm reveal CET, that's 1am Tuesday for me, looks like I'll be staying up late!

Edited by The_Nev

Feels weird if they did go all in on renewable energy with Plants from plants and a Wind Turbine but also released a gas station. But on the other hand, as you have discussed before, the whole line of modulars are not futuristic, so an Gas station or Garage from the '50s would make sense.

As the geek I am, I would love if they team up with Tesla and released a modular Showroom. Or just released a new Theme "Elon Musk" including the SpaceX rockets from the Lego Ideas, Modular Tesla Showroom and a Technic Tesla Model X (same size as the Porches and Bugatti) 

it is probably too controversial for Lego to make that deal though. And they would perhaps not put another company brand on a modular building.

Edited by Mosse1997
autocorrect

4 minutes ago, Mosse1997 said:

Feels weird if they did go all in on renewable energy with Plants from plants and a Wind Turbine but also released a gas station. But on the other hand, as you have discussed before, the whole line of oculars are not futuristic, so an Gas station or Garage from the '50s would make sense.

As the geek I am, I would love if they team up with Tesla and released a modular Showroom. Or just released a new Theme "Elon Musk" including the SpaceX rockets from the Lego Ideas, Modular Tesla Showroom and a Technic Tesla Model X (same size as the Porches and Bugatti) 

it is probably too controversial for Lego to make that deal though. And they would perhaps not put another company brand on a modular building.

I do see where you're coming from, and this gives even more reason to the idea that the supposed Garage will be leaning more to the mechanic's workshop side of things than the gas/petrol station side.

I will be a bit disappointed, however, if we don't get some of those plants from plants in the set! I know they're really not that special, and will be the only type available in the future, but its still a novelty for me.

Less than 26 hours to go!

1 hour ago, Mosse1997 said:

Feels weird if they did go all in on renewable energy with Plants from plants and a Wind Turbine but also released a gas station. But on the other hand, as you have discussed before, the whole line of modulars are not futuristic, so an Gas station or Garage from the '50s would make sense.

It has always been difficult for TLC to stay away from any kind of politics like that.

Sure, a wind turbine is oerfectly acceptable, but how did this Vestas thing came to be originally?
I don't think TLC is there yet when it comes to a charging station instead of a gas station. 
It's more likely that if the next modular will be a gas station/garage a charging point could be part of the design.

Anyways, we're still not sure if indeed it'll be a Gas Station/Mechanics Garage, Police Station, Library, Vet, Post Office etc.. 

are we?

Sorry for this kinda meaningless comment but if the reveal of the new modular is really going to be tomorrow at 15:00 CET, there’s exactly 24 hours until the reveal at the time of writing this comment! I’ll probably be counting hours if not minutes... :excited: :moar:

Edited by LegoModularFan

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A picture or just a description? :shrug_confused:

11 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

I do not know sorry. All I know is that the lego community will know something soon.

I understand how people were confused when a simple question of 'picture or words' was asked and the response is 'I don't know'. 

Well, pictures and words are extremely different and everyone knows the difference between them... 

Being this close to the reveal, I'm now actually hoping absolutely no leaks occur and it gets revealed by TLG. It would suck for someone to spoil it this close. I feel I'd end up more disappointed than anything, I'm actually looking more forward to the official reveal than just finding out what it is by someone saying 'oh it's a pet cemetery furnace modular' kinda thing. 

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

I understand how people were confused when a simple question of 'picture or words' was asked and the response is 'I don't know'. 

Well, pictures and words are extremely different and everyone knows the difference between them... 

Being this close to the reveal, I'm now actually hoping absolutely no leaks occur and it gets revealed by TLG. It would suck for someone to spoil it this close. I feel I'd end up more disappointed than anything, I'm actually looking more forward to the official reveal than just finding out what it is by someone saying 'oh it's a pet cemetery furnace modular' kinda thing. 

That escalated quickly

It's rumored that the set will be larger than the usual modular, right?

If it is a garage and there are a few cars, maybe instead of being a full on 32×48 building, it could be a 32x32 building with a 16x32 gas station attached to it.

I just hope it keeps the art deco style. If it is designed by Mike Psiaki, my expectations are pretty high! He always uses the coolest techniques in his sets.

Because Lego would have nothing to gain from keeping quiet if it was a re-release. They'd be better off revealing early to knobble the Chinese firm.

2 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

What if we haven't had any leaks because the next modular is a re-release of and old one?

That wouldn't prevent a leak. All the same marketing materials and information would be sent to stores whether it's a new product or not. In fact, I think a re-release is more likely to end up leaking, as it would be considered a big deal.

Tbh I'm not sure why so many people are expecting a re-release. Yes, some sets have had re-releases or updates, but at this time there is no hint that the same treatment will be offered for the modular theme. 

In fact, there aren't even that many re-releases (off the top of my head). The Winter Toy Shop was released due to the alternative being no Christmas set. The Vestas Wind Turbine was never released to the public. The UCS Falcon is more an update than a re-release and the Death Star was an update to include more recent pieces and refresh the price for a very long-running set. The only true re-release I can think of is the Taj Mahal. 

Hoping this is wrong, but the latest Lego Lab video confirms that they will be announcing a new modular building...next sunday arg.... (skip to 5:42)

(Apologies if this has been posted before) From user Haay at Brickpicker:

"Seen the picture of it. It's going to be more popular than the Downtown Diner in my estimate!

Three story corner building with a gas-station in the centre and a garage / car-working place on the right. First floor has a veterinarian office. Second floor looks to be living quarters. Very nice detailing! 2569 pieces. 

Official reveal tomorrow (Monday)."

Just now, mapimi said:

Hoping this is wrong, but the latest Lego Lab video confirms that they will be announcing a new modular building...next sunday arg.... (skip to 5:42)

You’ve got to be kidding me.......