The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yep, that looks like last year's attempt :classic:

I still think that is a great set, though.

Not to distract from speculation of the obviously fake garage "proof," but does anyone know for certain which modular or modulars are being retired to make way for the new one?

Just now, BrickBuilder1 said:

Not to distract from speculation of the obviously fake garage "proof," but does anyone know for certain which modular or modulars are being retired to make way for the new one?

Detectives Office and Brick Bank are being retired this year. 

Thanks

And since we are speculating, I'm not too worried about the idea of cars taking from the detail of a garage (should that be the modular) because I think the empty space needed to put the cars in will make up for lost piece count. I'm just crossing my fingers for it to be a three story corner.

53 minutes ago, Maartenh said:

A blurry picture of a modular garage close to the things described previously just leaked on instagram. If this is real, I am not too impressed, seems a bit bland.

Cant find it. What do i have to Look for?

Edited by just_one

10 hours ago, The_Nev said:

That's basically it, time will tell...

I think there's so much potential for this rumour of a garage; it could be a petrol station, a mechanic's workshop, even a parking garage isn't out of question! Not that I'd be particularly happy if a parking garage was the case...

I think so too. There is so much potential. And if the DD designer designed the 2019 modular, from what I've seen in some of his intervkews is that he really loves cars.

Looking at the newly introduced parts, I'm willing to bet we are getting at least Vibrant Coral highlights on the facade of the new modular, if not something more. Also, the new rounded slope pieces are also something that would probably be used, since modulars usually take full advantage of latest brick technology.

10 hours ago, SollX said:

thats what i thought.

still it might be real.. just not an official lego document.

City Police CP

Police department PD

Crooks Hideout CH

Auto Garage AG

I would love a 16 x 32 police department with 16 x 32 crooks hideout. With proper buildings it would be the perfect homage to the city sets :-)

Jokes aside ... I think a garage is an interesting opportunity. An old tow truck would be the perfect fit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjXlrMYnmF29cD9RMrdoH

Edited by marv

Does the twitter comment from LEGO recently have any relevance to a garage? I think it was something to do with the sound of the police... which doesn’t lead me to conclude it’s a garage???

a garage band perhaps? But that might be stretching things??

1 hour ago, nickf21 said:

a garage band perhaps? But that might be stretching things??

Oh wow, that would be pretty cool. Basically interchangable interior scenes where you have the standard repair shop for the father but you can also move equipment around and bring down instruments to have a space for the son's band. That would be awesome!

30 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

Oh wow, that would be pretty cool. Basically interchangable interior scenes where you have the standard repair shop for the father but you can also move equipment around and bring down instruments to have a space for the son's band. That would be awesome!

The Police was a great english band....maybe it has something to do with one of their hits....?

13 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

The Police was a great english band....maybe it has something to do with one of their hits....?

That was my thought as well but I just couldn't come up with anything that made sense, maybe a school? 

19 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

English designer, music hall?

Or something inspired by a movie their music was used in? e.g. Moulin Rouge?

Edited by kiwinewt

10 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Have resisted the creator expert vehicles but this might just turn my head.  Has to be a 65/66 classic though, none of this retro modern stuff.

Typically, so far Creator Expert cars have been of classic models, while modern models seem to be reserved for similarly scaled Technic sets.

7 hours ago, hummer3524 said:

came across this article  https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-modular-2019/

It's no longer there. What was it? :shrug_confused:

On 11/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, The_Nev said:

"its the sound of the police! 

What with the music emoji at the end of it, i'm thinking someone was onto it when it was mentioned about the rock band The Police (with Sting). 

I wonder if it actually was a cryptic clue and everyone took it for face value and perhaps its actually a record store/music shop perhaps with a recording studio on the top floor, with a full rock band set up or something...? 

I just watched a fair few of their videos, and a lot of them are in music studios or show the band playing live etc. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

This thread has gone off the rails since I last mentioned it was a Garage...

Speculation is fun, but as far as the "clipping" of the list of sets, its from a member that works in a Lego Store, he can't give more info without being compromised and therefore could lose their job.  I think giving us a generic list was good enough, people need to get off their high horse and stop being so condescending immediately discrediting it as fake because it had nothing to do with the Lego Tweet.

Keep in mind, the people that run these social media sites have no clue what is going on unless they are scheduled to announce something as has been previous instances.  The Winter Village Firehouse was a new idea they tried with viral style marketing. (Didn't work too well).  As far as the Lego Tweet, you guys are looking way too much into that as if its a hint when its not.  The person asked "Does Lego plan to announce a Police Station Modular next?" and then they replied "It's the sound the police...*music note* we'll have to wait to see what our designers have come up with"

as far as the name, its a placeholder till its official as with any other unannounced retail info (they did it this way on purpose).
and if they do indeed call it a Garage, it will likely be named "Mechanics Garage" making it "MG" and its more than likely a corner modular since there are currently none in production now. (and Lego tends to have atleast 2 straight and 1 corner available for purchase throughout the year)

52 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I wonder if it actually was a cryptic clue and everyone took it for face value and perhaps its actually a record store/music shop perhaps with a recording studio on the top floor, with a full rock band set up or something...? 

You might be onto something with that but that doesn't explain all the Garage info leaks so far. I can understand where a Music shop would fit in perfectly with the Diner though. (and from what I can see given what they did with the Diner and all the changes with the faces and how Lego wanted to "refresh the Modular line" according to the designer video, it sounds to me there could be less clashy themes this time around, or they will alternate each year between European and American Art Deco style buildings.

15 hours ago, The_Nev said:

That's basically it, time will tell...

I think there's so much potential for this rumour of a garage; it could be a petrol station, a mechanic's workshop, even a parking garage isn't out of question! Not that I'd be particularly happy if a parking garage was the case...

Maybe it's a Police Garage.

8 hours ago, jaesroe said:

if the Auto repair shop or  garage would be the next modular theme...then this concerns me that the focus on building's design aspect might be slightly less than other theme as probably there would be at least one or two cars.... Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that a car was included in DD so would hardly see the repetition of adding car in 2019 modular but....it seems that there is no more 'certain' rules for modular line anymore. one of the rules that 1corner 3 non-corner building rule seems also long gone story....so...can't even guess in which style this 2019 modular would look like.... but please be classical design...like CC or GG.....

We’ve had three Modulars with included cars now. Fire Brigade’s 1930’s era Pumper. Palace Cinema’s open top Limo and Downtown Diner’s Pink Convertible. So they have been stretched fairly evenly across the whole length of the line, including the all time best seller of the series. The repeating pattern was corner -straight - straight -corner - etc. But that only holds up if you don’t count Market Street or Assembly Square. (Not to mention the two Ninjago “Modular” sets, which include a corner and a plate and a half straight.) 

we should be careful to not assume there are rules or patterns, where none actually intentionally exist. 

3 hours ago, kiwinewt said:

English designer, music hall?

Or something inspired by a movie their music was used in? e.g. Moulin Rouge?

One thought ?I had (and it’s pure speculation) is we often see certain interconnected little stories and themes running through the modulars, and often bleeding into the CMF’s. Like the Wedding theme that runs through the GE, TH, PR and AS. We have a bit of a music theme running through ASand DD, with the Instrument shop, the Radio Station/Recording Studio etc. Plus a ton of music and record themed CMF’s. I would not be surprised if a secondary business in a modular is a Record Store. 

Firgure if this next set is a Mechanics Garage as speculated, and it’s a corner, it will have a footprint not unlike the BB. With the mechanics shop being the repair bay on one edge, a smaller office next to it. A small business on the other facing, such as were the laundromat is on the BB. And some sort of office type business upstairs. 

I think that the Twitter response from Lego could, as I've said before, mean anything or nothing. There's so much that it could possibly be hinting at that I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't hinting at anything at all. As for the Garage "leak", it's obviously either real or fake. But for now, we have no way of knowing. So all up, nothing is certain, and we aren't likely to know anything for sure until the official release on the other side of this weekend.

And to throw another spanner in the works, someone on Facebook said that they spoke to a person at the Lego Store, who knew the name of the next modular, didn't reveal, but said that judging by the name a lot of people will love it and a lot of people won't like it. But I think we knew that much already, as that criteria matches every potential design ever discussed...

Honestly, I'm expecting Lego to unveil a building that isn't a garage or a Police station or a record store. I think we're going to be completely surprised by whatever it is.

I hope the new vibrant coral is used thoroughly in the new modular. Also hoping they keep the art deco style!

If monday's the reveal date, which makes sense, it can't come soon enough. TLG has been running a VERY tight ship recently for large sets.

32 minutes ago, SFmuscle73 said:

Unrelated to any rumors what about a bowling alley?  

Lanes, Lounge & Snack Bar...

Would love to see one! Could also have an arcade too, like the one on ideas that didn't get picked.