The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

So is the rumor now a Mechanics Garage and no longer a Police Station?

Yeah, some guy put up a clipping of a table of sets and their set numbers, Creator Garage was listed as 10264, which would be the next modular. No way of knowing it's validity until release unless more info surfaces.

I love the idea of a garage, especially as a corner building in 50s style.
We'll see if it's legitimate.

11 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

I think the idea of a garage is cool! We have nothing like it, so it should be a really fun build! I love the idea of a mini figure with the mask on as he’s working with the blow torch on the car, and if they could have one of those lifts for the car themselves, I think that would be really cool, so the mechanics can work underneath the vehicles etc. too! Tyre racks, workshop table etc. 

This, indeed!

7 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Looking like it's the Garage, but we aren't 100% sure.

That's basically it, time will tell...

I think there's so much potential for this rumour of a garage; it could be a petrol station, a mechanic's workshop, even a parking garage isn't out of question! Not that I'd be particularly happy if a parking garage was the case...

Just now, Cpt_Basterd said:

As I bemoaned this rumour to my observant friend, he noted that the table says 'Austin Martin', rather than 'Aston Martin' - possibly a fake?

That's a very interesting point, indeed.
I hadn't seen the list yet, but you're right... What to think of this, that's the question

It's not getting any easier, is it? :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Basterd said:

As I bemoaned this rumour to my observant friend, he noted that the table says 'Austin Martin', rather than 'Aston Martin' - possibly a fake?

Yes, exactly. And Lego always use a two words names for they modulars. So just a garage isn't working for me.

18 minutes ago, street87 said:

Yes, exactly. And Lego always use a two words names for they modulars. So just a garage isn't working for me. 

Another good point...
So, it's a Police Station after all? Same initials as Pet Shop, though :laugh:

City Hospital, perhaps? :innocent:

Edited by Withacee

36 minutes ago, street87 said:

thats what i thought.

still it might be real.. just not an official lego document.

15 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Another good point...
So, it's a Police Station after all? Same initials as Pet Shop, though :laugh:

City Hospital, perhaps? :innocent:

City Police CP

Police department PD

Crooks Hideout CH

Auto Garage AG

Just now, SollX said:

still it might be real..

Yes, that's the fun of it, I think!
I love these speculation phases. Keeps us busy.
Funny to see how people already start to rant/cheer after just reading the word "Garage".

58 minutes ago, street87 said:

In addition, they normally describe their modulars as "Creator Expert xxx", e.g. "Creator Expert Brick Bank", and not just "Creator Brick Bank" like in the so-called "leak". 

19 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Hmmm, Creator Ford Mustang...

Yep. Saw that.  Have resisted the creator expert vehicles but this might just turn my head.  Has to be a 65/66 classic though, none of this retro modern stuff.

15 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Only possible negative point to take away from that rumor is the high possibility of another build with a car. And I gotta say... "Hey, Lego!!! We're buying these things because we love BUILDINGS! If we want cars, we'll buy them! No need to waste parts on them in the modular line!". Although, in all fairness, it would make a lot more sense to include one in a garage then sticking that pointless pínk thing in with the Diner,

The pink ‘thing’ in the diner, i actually like.  Now the black POS with the Cinema, what was that all about?  That was a part count bump up, and a poor design to boot.

Ever since i did the modulars, creating cars was a 'challenge exeptionelle'. 
We have had so many discussions how wide cars and trucks should be in comparison to the minifig scale haven't we?

Good fun though!

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

I know I will end up getting whatever it is.  Just so anxious to see!  My inner 4 year old is having daily tantrums each day I wake up to no announcement or legit leak haha.

Just now, swisstony said:

so monday 3rd is the release date , anyone hear this ?

Yes, it was announced somewhere earlier in this topic; I think we can assume that is legitimate.
For now.

30 minutes ago, hummer3524 said:

came across this article  https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-modular-2019/

if the Auto repair shop or  garage would be the next modular theme...then this concerns me that the focus on building's design aspect might be slightly less than other theme as probably there would be at least one or two cars.... Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that a car was included in DD so would hardly see the repetition of adding car in 2019 modular but....it seems that there is no more 'certain' rules for modular line anymore. one of the rules that 1corner 3 non-corner building rule seems also long gone story....so...can't even guess in which style this 2019 modular would look like.... but please be classical design...like CC or GG.....

Edited by jaesroe

I'd like to have 1 car included with every upcoming modular. I don't think the style of Speed Champions or most City cars really fits in with the design of the modulars. The Downtown Diner has a car (which looks a hundred times better than Palace Cinema's) and the building itself is absolutely precious. I'm hoping the inclusion of cars doesn't take away much time from the design process of the actual buildings.

8 hours ago, Cpt_Basterd said:

The list is also missing '10268 - Vestas Wind Turbine'  As for the 'Creator Garage' I can see that as a way to help hide the reveal from leaks from LEGO and the name is just a placeholder.  Really disapointed if it is a fake, I was really looking forward to a Creator Expert Ford Mustang.

49 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

if the Auto repair shop or  garage would be the next modular theme...then this concerns me that the focus on building's design aspect might be slightly less than other theme as probably there would be at least one or two cars.... Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that a car was included in DD so would hardly see the repetition of adding car in 2019 modular but....it seems that there is no more 'certain' rules for modular line anymore. one of the rules that 1corner 3 non-corner building rule seems also long gone story....so...can't even guess in which style this 2019 modular would look like.... but please be classical design...like CC or GG.....

You might say that. My guess is that if it's a Jamie Berard design, surely it will be a surprising cookie thing to see, even when it's a garage. I'm sure he'll come up with something. :wink:

4 hours ago, jus1973 said:

The pink ‘thing’ in the diner, i actually like.  Now the black POS with the Cinema, what was that all about?  That was a part count bump up, and a poor design to boot.

Of course it looks better than the car from PC. But then, that's not saying much :look:.

In the end, it's all a matter of personal taste. @Overcold made some good points aswell, but for me, the whole idea of including cars just holds no additional appeal. But I also never was much of a car builder - sure, I had several sets as a kid, and loved them, but even then I hardly ever built a car of my own. Still, I'd rather seeLego releasing, for example, just releasing 1-2 minifig sized cars that fit the modular scale in the Creator line each year. Create a bit more of this world, but without this 'one set fits all'-approach.

A blurry picture of a modular garage close to the things described previously just leaked on instagram. If this is real, I am not too impressed, seems a bit bland.

Just now, Maartenh said:

A blurry picture of a modular garage close to the things described previously just leaked on instagram. If this is real, I am not too impressed, seems a bit bland.

That set was leaked as the new modular last year too. It's fake.