The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

according to a facebook group member, who posted proof, its going to be a mechanics garage

i cant post the leaked inventory sheet  

it sounds disappointing, hopefully its not as bad as it sounds though

3 minutes ago, ncx said:

according to a facebook group member, who posted proof, its going to be a mechanics garage

Someone on here had mentioned a couple of months ago they'd been told it would be a garage of some sort. Are you disappointed simply because you don't want it to be a garage or is there something about it in particular that makes it sound as if the set will be bad?

Just now, Bricked1980 said:

Someone on here had mentioned a couple of months ago they'd been told it would be a garage of some sort. Are you disappointed simply because you don't want it to be a garage or is there something about it in particular that makes it sound as if the set will be bad?

disappointed its a garage. which means a vehicle or 2 and less pcs for the building :(

15 minutes ago, ncx said:

Hmmm, I don't know how to feel about this.

If you have seen the inventory sheet, could you hazard a guess to what the colour scheme is?

I really dislike when pieces are "wasted" on supplemental builds, like cars. If they are going to put in 2 cars at a similar piece count of 2200-2400, it's bound to show in the building design. I expect a garage is going to mean a lot of empty space inside.

Just now, Comon27 said:

Hmmm, I don't know how to feel about this.

If you have seen the inventory sheet, could you hazard a guess to what the colour scheme is?

all it says is CREATOR GARAGE but my assumption is a mechanics garage, with a door similar to firehall modular. i have no picture of the set, yet.

Just now, ncx said:

all it says is CREATOR GARAGE but my assumption is a mechanics garage, with a door similar to firehall modular. i have no picture of the set, yet.

Ahh, sorry. I thought you meant the part sheet.

Guess I might have to get rid of my current city garage then. (lightbulb flickers...) Or turn it into a car dealership.... 

A bloody garage?? Really?

And I thought the diner was bad...

Oh well, one can always hope that they'll at least re-release one of the older modulars as well next year.

19 minutes ago, ncx said:

I would not be surprised if it would be a garage, as it was mentioned a time ago too.

We can start speculating!

My first idea is a little old Italian garage with a small car like a Fiat 500.

33 minutes ago, ncx said:

You sure it’s not a smaller creator set? 

one of the ideas for the downtown diner was a garage at first.

so i am not surprised. and i would really like a garage!
i just hope it issnt art-deco style

Just now, Wesley D said:

I would not be surprised if it would be a garage, as it was mentioned a time ago too.

We can start speculating!

My first idea is a little old Italian garage with a small car like a Fiat 500.

I wouldn't mind that at all...

If it is a garage, I think it will only be 2 storeys 

I suppose technically the Fire Brigade was also a garage, albeit for a specific type of car, now that I think about it. In the end, I'm really interested in how they handle the facade, as garages aren't exactly known for interesting exteriors. 

Also if its a mecanic garage , it will have a space for the cars to enter so that will leave a lot of space empty inside :(

13 minutes ago, SollX said:

one of the ideas for the downtown diner was a garage at first.

so i am not surprised. and i would really like a garage!
i just hope it issnt art-deco style

im hoping it is art deco. these can still be found in New York City.  they have apartments above.  

but beyond that, art deco looks great on certain building types

Hmmmm, well I’m not sure how well the concept of a garage can be realised within the modular scale (I was very sceptical of the idea when previously suggested).

Hopefully this might flush out an official press release now though! (a la the DD announcement).

Interesting. Hope some pictures surface, wonder if it's a corner? I wouldn't worry about cars subtracting from the building itself, as a garage requires empty space for the vehicles inside, as well as driveway and doors. Just look at the ground floor of FB, it's still one of the best looking modulars yet (imo anyway). Would be interesting what they do with the build, what does it even look like??? How exciting! 

If this is true anyway...

2 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

New year, same complaints from people who haven't even seen the photos yet.

I get where you're coming from! But everyone seems to warm up to things over time, by the time the official release comes around people will be more receptive.

I just want 3 floors this time. Pet shop was the last modular that had 3 floors across the whole length of the baseplate. And even that was shorter than other older modulars. 

Also, no 6 brick tall 2nd and 3rd floors like on downtown diner. The standard is supposed to be 7. 

Edited by chezzymann

5 minutes ago, chezzymann said:

I just want 3 floors this time. Pet shop was the last modular that had 3 floors across the whole length of the baseplate. And even that was shorter than other older modulars. 

Also, no 6 brick tall 2nd and 3rd floors like on downtown diner. The standard 'tis supposed to be 7. 

there is no standard. just like real buildings range from 8ft to 10ft or so. you can't say there is a when there isnt

15 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

Interesting. Hope some pictures surface, wonder if it's a corner? I wouldn't worry about cars subtracting from the building itself, as a garage requires empty space for the vehicles inside, as well as driveway and doors. Just look at the ground floor of FB, it's still one of the best looking modulars yet (imo anyway). Would be interesting what they do with the build, what does it even look like??? How exciting! 

If this is true anyway...

I get where you're coming from! But everyone seems to warm up to things over time, by the time the official release comes around people will be more receptive.

considering the pattern of release vs retired, i think it is a corner since brick bank is gone  

we typically get 2 straight modulars, followed by a corner. and were due for a corner

Edited by ncx

Just now, ncx said:

there is no standard. just like real buildings range from 8ft to 10ft or so. you can't say there is a when there isnt

Well, if they want to break the standard, id prefer for it to be taller instead of shorter since im paying $170+. And almost all modulars lined up with each other before downtown diner. The first floor was always about 10 bricks tall and the second and third were about 7, give or take a couple plates. 

1 hour ago, ncx said:

I believe this is what you're talking about?

4r0ljubx.evp.jpg

Found in the Facebook group "Amazing Lego Modular Buildings", posted in a comment in reply to a post speculating what the 2019 modular would be. Person who provided this said "definitely going to be a garage", then said "inside info" when asked how they knew. Few replies later, they attached this image. 

Up to the individual to interpret it's authenticity...

Just now, The_Nev said:

I believe this is what you're talking about?

Found in the Facebook group "Amazing Lego Modular Buildings", posted in a comment in reply to a post speculating what the 2019 modular would be. Person who provided this said "definitely going to be a garage", then said "inside info" when asked how they knew. Few replies later, they attached this image. 

Up to the individual to interpret it's authenticity...

i suggest deleting that after what Lego Ambassador said yesterday

Edited by ncx