The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, Withacee said:

Great scene; hopefully we'll be able to get it at a decent price in Europe... :hmpf_bad:

That won`t happen...; "LEGO Asia Region Exclusive"

Just now, Chilis said:

That won`t happen...; "LEGO Asia Region Exclusive"

Annoyingly enough, it sounds like that, indeed. I could really use a lot of those parts.
Here's hoping for a few decent sellers on Bricklink...
Or I could just take a budget flight to China, bring back 400 sets and sell them here for 200 Euros each :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Annoyingly enough, it sounds like that, indeed. I could really use a lot of those parts.
Or I could just take a budget flight to China, bring back 400 sets and sell them here for 200 Euros each :laugh:

That is an authentic Dutch spirit of trade....?

1 hour ago, AntiKragle said:

Musical clue....I’m still hopeful that it could mean a concert theatre, corner building, with an orchestra. Not long now....

This would make me really glad, I always wished Lego would make something related with classical music!

EDIT: Wow, there are 13 members shown in the Recently Browsing section! Come on Lego, reveal it! :moar:

Edited by LegoModularFan

5 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

This would make me really glad, I always wished Lego would make something related with classical music!

Hey, there's an idea... an Orchestra Conductor CMF! *

* Sorry, that was a little off topic. :grin:

4 hours ago, Withacee said:

Or for us others $ 1000 on bricklink. Hello starving kids :)

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, there's an idea... an Orchestra Conductor CMF! *

They could use the new wand piece as his baton... :wink:

Ok, I found it:

An Art Nouveau theatre with an orchestra! :wub_drool: This will probably never happen though, I’ll have to MOC it if I want to see...

4 hours ago, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

Would love to see him do it. ?

Seconded!

2 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

Musical clue....I’m still hopeful that it could mean a concert theatre, corner building, with an orchestra. Not long now....

I would love to see this. An elegant theatre/concert building is definitely high up on my wish list.

I'd had another idea as well. Last year we saw the modular series move in to a different era and setting of the 1950's. What about if they jumped forward in time again and made some sort of disco, dance hall type of thing, maybe with a 1970's disco vibe. This was the first thing that popped in to my head when I read the cryptic mention of "sound" in the LEGO tweet earlier today.

I know this doesn't sound like the typical kind of subject for a modular building but after last year's shift in style, I guess anything is possible.

I hope I'm wrong though, I'd much rather see a classical style concert theatre.

50 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

They could use the new wand piece as his baton... :wink:

...not to mention TLBM Alfred's coattail and bowtie pieces too! :wink:

sh313.png

If a musical theme is involved, that certainly is interesting given that last year contained a recording studio while the year before that had a music shop.  I would love to see a performance venue of some kind.  I could see it having some type of lobby, a balcony, and the main space.  Technically, you would only need two floors, and the balcony floor would not place a high demand for parts on the interior, at least at that level.  By only having two floors and an interior that does not need a whole lot of parts, they could make an extravagant exterior with the parts budget.  It would be the perfect time and place for an Art Nouveau as some have suggested.  

Funny thing is that I ordered 4 custom violins to make a quartet since Lego itself has yet to come out with anything in the violin family.  I could not imagine a classic symphony full of guitars, bugles, and saxophones.  

Whatever it truly is, we should know soon.  

54 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Funny thing is that I ordered 4 custom violins to make a quartet since Lego itself has yet to come out with anything in the violin family.

I guess there aren’t a lot of children interested in classical music nowadays. If the new modular is music related, I wonder if it’s really going to be classical music related or not. Nevertheless,

54 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

whatever it truly is, we should know soon.  

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 11/22/2018 at 4:53 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

While you're all waiting for the pictures of next year's modular, I just saw some images (which I'm not sure whether they're official or not) posted by Instagram user mp.legonews of 80101 Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner, which is an interior-based set of a modular standard of design quality. Looks pretty nice if you ask me! :thumbup: :classic:

I wonder if those will be available for sale in the United States, as I want one.

Does anyone know exactly which modulars will retire this year?  I've heard PR, DO, and BB or just PR and DO or just DO (weirdly enough, as PR was before DO).

Also, "It's the sound of the police!"

Isn't the police a rock band?  So, wouldn't that mean the next modular is some rock music venue?  Could be interesting if done well.

8 minutes ago, gundamz said:

I wonder if those will be available for sale in the United States, as I want one.

Does anyone know exactly which modulars will retire this year?  I've heard PR, DO, and BB or just PR and DO or just DO (weirdly enough, as PR was before DO).

Also, "It's the sound of the police!"

Isn't the police a rock band?  So, wouldn't that mean the next modular is some rock music venue?  Could be interesting if done well.

No, it's Asia exclusive

Yes, BB and DO. They're listed as such on the Lego website, along with the Ferris Wheel, Big Ben and Tower Bridge.

Tbh I would be sceptical about a music-based modular simply because last year was a recording studio. 

Just now, nikhkin said:

No, it's Asia exclusive

Yes, BB and DO. They're listed as such on the Lego website, along with the Ferris Wheel, Big Ben and Tower Bridge.

Tbh I would be sceptical about a music-based modular simply because last year was a recording studio. 

So interestingly enough, PR will be available another year?  That's odd, but ok...

Apparently they produced a second (or even third?) production run of PR because it is so popular, causing it to be on the shelves much longer compared to sets like BB that only had one run. It's a very all or nothing decision: either a set is on the shelves 1,5-2 years or it gets pushed to 3-4.

8 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I would love to see this. An elegant theatre/concert building is definitely high up on my wish list.

I'd had another idea as well. Last year we saw the modular series move in to a different era and setting of the 1950's. What about if they jumped forward in time again and made some sort of disco, dance hall type of thing, maybe with a 1970's disco vibe. This was the first thing that popped in to my head when I read the cryptic mention of "sound" in the LEGO tweet earlier today.

I know this doesn't sound like the typical kind of subject for a modular building but after last year's shift in style, I guess anything is possible.

I hope I'm wrong though, I'd much rather see a classical style concert theatre.

Yes! Both ideas would be amazing. I do agree that an opera might target an adult audience better and the exterior details they can pack could be beyond amazing. I built a 70s record store for my latest modular. It is not even close to as restrictive than an opera. I mean, they can put it on the ground floor and totally different businesses/homes on top, which is what they often do. Anyway, something music-related would be great!

Are we really ruling out that it could be a Police Station? I mean, if the guy asking the question did hit the nail on the head, it's not like Lego would respond with "you're right, that's exactly what it is." And there was a dude on here a few pages back who seemed pretty confident that it will be a Police Station next year, not to mention that we've had a Police officer and countless criminals in other sets! There was demand for a bank for several years before we eventually got Brick Bank, and there's been just as much demand for just as long for a Police Station. Although this hint could mean anything or nothing, I'm starting to think that maybe it is time for a cop shop...

Time will tell!

Theres no ruling out of anything, I police station would make a lot of sense! I just think that tweet should not be taken as a strong hint towards a police station as the next modular. 

I think I would be slightly disappointed if it was a Police station, not least because Jamie has previously said that they try to only choose a subject for a modular if they think they can add something new, and I feel like we’ve seen lots of good Police Station MOCs in past, plus there are always multiple City Police Stations available that could be converted to the modular format.

I’d definitely rather see something new, and agree that an Art Nouveau Music Hall (with some recolours or new molds) would be a dream come true.

2 hours ago, Maartenh said:

Apparently they produced a second (or even third?) production run of PR because it is so popular, causing it to be on the shelves much longer compared to sets like BB that only had one run. It's a very all or nothing decision: either a set is on the shelves 1,5-2 years or it gets pushed to 3-4.

Should give them a clue of what people want in a modular :)

As for the classical theatre, it would be kinda similar to Palace Cinema.

13 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

a concert theatre, corner building, with an orchestra.

Not a feasible/realistic idea.

Think about what that would necessitate: You'd need some sort of orchestra, which - even when scaled down a LOT - should be at least 4-6 minifigs. Then you need some sort of stage to put them and their instruments on. Then you need room for the audience - again, even if it's scaled down to 6-8 seats, it needs space. Which a modular, especially a corner one, doesn't provide that much of.

Palace Cinema is the perfect example that grand buildings with huge rooms for an audience just don't work in a standard modular. And that just needed a few seats for the audience, and no stage or space for an orchestra.

Imho, any reasonable attempt at a theatre or opera / concert house in Lego needs a footprint of at least 64x64 studs.

I think a Police Station is our best guess at the moment. And let's just hope they don't return to that ridiculous idea of squeezing several buildings on a baseplate.

Because I could just see them giving us a nice Police precinct facade, and then, just like in the Brick Bank,  squeezing in a second pseudo-building with a donut shop on the ground floor instead of finishing the building properly.

I've collected some of the probably best police stations made, posted by several different members (might be of interest to @Marx1989)! What do you guys think about these police stations?

On 3/22/2018 at 12:50 AM, LegoModularFan said:

~Police Departement by @stef2280 (instructions here, here or here)

26023655185_2349c97403_b.jpgSBD 10005 Police Department_8 by Stefano Mapelli, on Flickr

On 5/30/2018 at 11:22 PM, LegoModularFan said:

~Police Department by Dark Alamez

5824320142_01916241e6_z.jpgPolice Department by Dark Alamez, on Flickr

On 4/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, LegoModularFan said:

~Police Station by @Wodanis 

15859975332_bb876f380d_c.jpgDSC1345_3191A by Wodanis, on Flickr

On 11/5/2018 at 3:25 AM, Digger of Bricks said:
On 5/2/2013 at 6:42 AM, castor-troy said:

Police Headquarters in american style :

police_1.jpg

On 3/13/2018 at 1:24 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Police Station as a modular would be great, hope it’ll be in a European architecture if made by TLG. I’d love to see something like:

Munstraat Police HQ by @Jasper Joppe Geers

9432550570_5b5351ce8f_c.jpgDSCN3553 by Jasper Joppe Geers, on Flickr

Police Headquarters (instructions :moar:) by @Dakar A

Police Headquarters

if the Police Station would be in European architecture!

On 9/19/2010 at 9:49 PM, Teddy said:

Dear all,

recently I found some time to build something.

I always wanted to build a police station for all the cops I had lying around.

The front wall is SNOT and the garage doors are a brick build design.

Next to the police station, I build a six stud wide four seater cop car which can hold two cops in the front and two criminals in the back.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Front view:

5005592756_3b6f44a01a_z.jpg

What do you guys think about these police stations? 

Edited by LegoModularFan