The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 11/18/2018 at 3:10 AM, RogerSmith said:

aybe they'll surprise us with a 16 wide corner modular now to even out the overall width of a 'block' :wink::laugh:

Maybe they should do a 16 wide and price it at $79 as a nice, cheap way to pull more people into the modular line.

It's like drugs, once you're hooked, you're hooked.

36 minutes ago, MrBrickMan said:

Maybe they should do a 16 wide and price it at $79 as a nice, cheap way to pull more people into the modular line.

It's like drugs, once you're hooked, you're hooked.

I think it would be great to release a small 16 wide modular once a year in addition to the main standard size set.

I also wish they would bring back these style of Creator 3in1 shops. Although these weren't considered part of the modular line they were good looking, affordable sets that complimented the modulars quite nicely.

26526778228_da0af3eca4_z_d.jpg

1 minute ago, Bricked1980 said:

I think it would be great to release a small 16 wide modular once a year in addition to the main standard size set.

I also wish they would bring back these style of Creator 3in1 shops. Although these weren't considered part of the modular line they were good looking, affordable sets that complimented the modulars quite nicely.

26526778228_da0af3eca4_z_d.jpg

actually im glad they stopped doing that.

I brought the cofee shop because it would fit good but i was so disappointed i ended up selling it.

Just now, just_one said:

I brought the cofee shop because it would fit good but i was so disappointed i ended up selling it.

The bike/coffee shop is the only one I don't own. They are much smaller than the modulars and can't be put side by side with them because of the different style of pavement/sidewalk. I still think they can work quite nicely in combination with the modulars though.

Here is a shot of my layout showing them displayed together.

38551514100_84161d67b4_z_d.jpg

1 hour ago, MrBrickMan said:

They really should, as their price range would also make the sets more accommodating for other retailers. :wink:

2 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The bike/coffee shop is the only one I don't own. They are much smaller than the modulars and can't be put side by side with them because of the different style of pavement/sidewalk. I still think they can work quite nicely in combination with the modulars though.

Here is a shot of my layout showing them displayed together.

38551514100_84161d67b4_z_d.jpg

Liking the roads. How did you get those? 

23 minutes ago, Gorki247 said:

Liking the roads. How did you get those? 

Thanks. Here is a topic I made all about those roads.

Hmm... I just spotted a new mould for a little bird.
If that is legit, it might be from the new modular (not that it says anything about the type of building).
Hope it is for real, though, the bird looks perfect! I have been waiting for something like that for years (pigeon, sparrow or the likes).

1 hour ago, Withacee said:

Hmm... I just spotted a new mould for a little bird.
If that is legit, it might be from the new modular (not that it says anything about the type of building).
Hope it is for real, though, the bird looks perfect! I have been waiting for something like that for years (pigeon, sparrow or the likes).

New animal molds are a rarity for modulars... it's possible, but I'd personally consider a small animal like that more likely to come from a CMF series of some sort.

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

As usual, seconded!

They were pretty awesome parts packs, especially if you got them at a discount somewhere, which usually wasn't hard. I got several of each of those except for the Toy Shop, which just looked weird (and it was the only one whose parts selection I found somewhat lacking). But Bike Shop, Corner Deli and Park Street Townhouse were awesome sets if you wanted useful parts for building buildings.

The blurry video I saw yesterday from the retailers catalogue wasn't great but there were some pages either during or after the 'creator' section which were just a grey box as the box art must still be under wraps. Unfortunately can't get in close enough for a description and someone whom knows the language would have to translate. I would think its a retailers catalogue though and usually a modular is D-2-D, well at least in the beginning. But it may of had some hints for other creator sets!

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Me too! They were great for buying multiples of to MOD more "Modular-esque" buildings, especially the Bike Shop and Café.

Unfortunately, from what has been released / leaked to date, it doesn't look like the Creator line has any residential or commercial buildings. A houseboat seems to be the closest.

I really miss the older style Creator houses (i.e. not the new "Modular" ones). And the recent Creator Pastry / Sweet Shop pales in comparison to the Bike Shop and Café or even the Corner Deli.

On the topic of Modulars, Lego sure has managed to keep the next one a secret.

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

I really miss the older style Creator houses (i.e. not the new "Modular" ones). And the recent Creator Pastry / Sweet Shop pales in comparison to the Bike Shop and Café or even the Corner Deli.

On the topic of Modulars, Lego sure has managed to keep the next one a secret.

Yes, they were definitely great, I always dreamed of having a whole suburb in my city, doubt that will ever happen, they're a bit harder to come by nowadays.

I think Detective's Office was officially revealed on the 21st of November, although it had been leaked/rumoured well before that. So we should hopefully get a reveal any day now! The suspense is killing me!

The Detective's Office is out of stock. I hope they have it back for The sale on black Friday. And come on new modular. Where are you. *huh*

Edited by BrickFit26

10 hours ago, Lyichir said:

New animal molds are a rarity for modulars... it's possible, but I'd personally consider a small animal like that more likely to come from a CMF series of some sort.

That was my thought as well, but since new CMFs are still a bit away...
Well, wishful thinking, perhaps :grin:

Anyway, it's the 20th now, and I'm beginning to get itchy. We desperately need modular news!
Have pity on us, LEGO, I mean, this is to us what "The white" is to the Jem'Hadar...

9 hours ago, snaillad said:

Unfortunately can't get in close enough for a description and someone whom knows the language would have to translate.

Italian speaking here!

Indeed the video was blurry and I watched it on my smartphone, but those writings don't seem to add any bit of info. They're just placeholder text like "enjoy the advanced building techniques of the creator expert line"

Now the link I had seems to have expired, so I can't proof-check

Before the end of the month we will know what the next modular set is. The last 2-3 years, the next modular has been on the January Store Calendar. So if it's the case we will know soon. If they don't do that, we will need to wait a bit longer. :wink:

20 hours ago, just_one said:

Indeed they look way too small compared to the modulars, but not a reason to stop doing them: as said above, they were very good "parts packs" for buildings.

The current Hospital however looks good between the modulars with not too many changes

DSC_0124_1.JPG

3 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

Before the end of the month we will know what the next modular set is. The last 2-3 years, the next modular has been on the January Store Calendar. So if it's the case we will know soon. If they don't do that, we will need to wait a bit longer. :wink:

We could also throw in some negativity, like questioning ourselves whether the modular line will be continued or nor next year...haha... ! Or predicting that there will follow only modular stand-alone buildings, the next years...

To be honest, i have so much in my head, there wasn't anyway a place for this to think of.... so that makes this year's 'Big Wait' pretty easy!!

I know it's a long shot, but since Lego surprises us every year with a building that not a lot of people would have guessed, how about an 'inverted' corner building..? :classic:

Sure, it would take a lot of space on the 32x32 baseplate, probably no back 'garden', but it sure would be nice and a big surprise. Can't wait until the next one is revealed! 

28 minutes ago, astra said:

I know it's a long shot, but since Lego surprises us every year with a building that not a lot of people would have guessed, how about an 'inverted' corner building..? :classic:

Sure, it would take a lot of space on the 32x32 baseplate, probably no back 'garden', but it sure would be nice and a big surprise. Can't wait until the next one is revealed! 

I would love that. Would give me so many more options to design my city layout.

1 hour ago, astra said:

Honestly, it isn't as far out an idea as people make it out to be. Brick Bank goes all the way to the back corner of the plate, and there's no reason why another building couldn't do the same. As eagle fan said, it adds much more options to a layout. I know that a lot of people display the modulars with the rear against a wall, and an inverted corner would allow this display to be continuous along multiple walls of a room. 

The main point of discouragement/unplausability is that it would be terrible as a standalone set, with all 4 sides unadorned bar an 8x8 section of wall that faces onto the sidewalk. Imagine the box art! And with quite a few fans demanding that more emphasis be put on the facades and profiles of the buildings, an inverted corner building denies that almost completely. I do think it will never happen as an official set, but it isn't entirely absurd...

44 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

The main point of discouragement/unplausability is that it would be terrible as a standalone set

I agree... But man can dream, don't they :wink:

My guess is, the next modular will be a train station, built as an inverted corner building-. It will be modeled after the old "Süd- und Ostbahnhof" in Vienna (before the two separate termini were converted into a single, regular station)... :laugh::look::wall:

Ridiculous ideas aside: Damnit, I wanna see the next mdoular now!