The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

so the leaked minifigs are from these exclusive china sets...

back to square one with the modular leaks...

damn lego...just give us a photo :(

32 minutes ago, just_one said:

so the leaked minifigs are from these exclusive china sets...

back to square one with the modular leaks...

damn lego...just give us a photo :(

Last year, it was leaked by a Chinese site on 19 November 2017 (still 18 November in Europe and US). And it only was announced officially by Lego on 29 November 2017. Let's hope that we will get some more info in the upcoming weeks.

Further back in this topic around end of September @AllanSmith mentioned he'd been told that the next modular would be a garage with a vet on the second floor. Was this rumor ever disproved?

Pretty glad we do not get another chinese-like-modular like the PC....Lepin could do a nice one...haha! Hope it will be a nice classic building.....

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Further back in this topic around end of September @AllanSmith mentioned he'd been told that the next modular would be a garage with a vet on the second floor. Was this rumor ever disproved?

Not that I know of, although if a rumour is based purely on speculation, its impossible to disprove until the set is released. 

I.e with the Chinese figs, they were disproved because they existed and were found to belong elsewhere. But if I say it will be a Hospital, there is no evidence to prove me wrong except for the modular itself when it isn't a hospital.

There was also someone else (can't remember who) over the last few pages, dropping apparent cryptic clues as to what it will be, I remember one was along the lines of

"The building will be one that has been a part of the city for a long time", probably hinting at a police station, and it was said as if they knew on authority that this was factual information about the next modular. You probably know the comment I'm talking about, but I can't for the life of me remember who or when it was. But without further explaination of how they know, or any supporting evidence, how can we know what to think of this rumour?

15 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

Not that I know of, although if a rumour is based purely on speculation, its impossible to disprove until the set is released. 

I.e with the Chinese figs, they were disproved because they existed and were found to belong elsewhere. But if I say it will be a Hospital, there is no evidence to prove me wrong except for the modular itself when it isn't a hospital.

There was also someone else (can't remember who) over the last few pages, dropping apparent cryptic clues as to what it will be, I remember one was along the lines of

"The building will be one that has been a part of the city for a long time", probably hinting at a police station, and it was said as if they knew on authority that this was factual information about the next modular. You probably know the comment I'm talking about, but I can't for the life of me remember who or when it was. But without further explaination of how they know, or any supporting evidence, how can we know what to think of this rumour?

I really don’t believe rumors where they don’t elaborate on specifics like how and where they got the information. Anyone can basically put out any rumor they want. 

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Considering last year's rumour was more or less the same, I'd not put any faith in it. 

TLG has really really tightened up the security level every year and this year...we don't even have a clue..so based on previous calendar when we were told the leak pic of lego modualr set, will we hear something around next week? last year the leak pic of DD was around 18 Nov and AS was 17 Oct,even the official pic pf BB was released around 12 Oct 2015....But this year...no clue at all.. HA. 

On 11/5/2018 at 4:41 AM, Bricked1980 said:

If the text in the middle is related to the shop selling them, then does that suggest that they are already for sale? If that's the case I wonder if these are custom minifigures and not official ones.

Indeed they are for sale, but I think it's because people stole them from the factory...

It would be nice if TLG would help build up the excitement, already months before it will be annnounced... I suggest a small puzzle-piece each month of a picture of the box or so... that would make us even more curious.....!!

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

It would be nice if TLG would help build up the excitement, already months before it will be annnounced... I suggest a small puzzle-piece each month of a picture of the box or so... that would make us even more curious.....!!

I'm down with that. 

Personally I'm more interested in how it looks than what it is. After all, that's what we're putting in our layouts; the appearance. 

I hope it'll follow the trend of Parisian Restaurant and be a totally new and unexpected colour. I've said it before and I'll say it again; there has not yet been a Modular with black as the predominant colour . . though I'm still hoping for a Harry Potter tie-in with a Modular version of No. 12 Grimmauld Place. 

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there has not yet been a Modular with black as the predominant colour . . though I'm still hoping for a Harry Potter tie-in with a Modular version of No. 12 Grimmauld Place. 

A black modular would be interesting, it would definitely stand out. It'd be nice to see the Harry Potter one as part of a different theme/series/collection, like Ninjago City, but I'd honestly wouldn't want to see it as one of the Creator Expert modulars, although I really doubt it will happen. Their uniqueness and ability to function perfectly both indepepndently and alongside other sets is one of the main reasons I love them.

@The_Nev

That's pretty much what I meant. A Harry Potter D2C that follows the conventions of a Modular Building. 

But, getting back on topic, I'm still hoping for a Modular Library somewhere down the line. 

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there has not yet been a Modular with black as the predominant colour.

And there hasn't been one with yellow, orange or red either. Yet, there have been two in sand blue, two in medium nougat, countless in tan...

10 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Good idea, and they should start with the corners >:-)

4 hours ago, paupadros said:

And there hasn't been one with yellow, orange or red either. Yet, there have been two in sand blue, two in medium nougat, countless in tan...

Red would be nice. It's been long enough since the Fire Station, I'd buy a red Modular. 

I'd suggest black and yellow, but I think Batman would sue for copyright infringement . . . XD

I wonder:

If winter village fire station is set 10263 and Vestas wind turbine is set 10268, that would mean there are 4 Creator Expert sets about to pop out in 2019 right?

Yet a least one would be a 14 wide vehicle like the aston martin. Anyone who found more news on the others?

14 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

It would be great if they could give us some little teaser images with subtle clues as to the subject of the next set. They did this recently with the winter village fire station so why not use the same method to promote and build up anticipation for the next modular?

Edited by Bricked1980

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Red would be nice. It's been long enough since the Fire Station, I'd buy a red Modular. 

I'd suggest black and yellow, but I think Batman would sue for copyright infringement . . . XD

I'd love something refreshing when it comes to the color scheme - though if we are going for a more realistic look, it makes sense to use subdued (sand) colors instead of bright ones. I would love to see the return of sand red or a similar subdued red as speculated. A subdued shade of violet or cyan would also be quite nice, but I'm not holding my breath for those.

How about a modular with a good amount of a color like Dark Azure?

Something with a good supply of dark blue or dark green would also be cool.

A black modular would be a spectacularly bad idea. Unless there's really good lighting, you wouldn't be able to make out any details, so what's the point? Plus, apart from giant skyscrapers with black glass all around, black buildings are very rare in real life.

The latter is also the reason why we propably won't see a modular with a really bright predominant color - bright red, bright orange, brigt blue, lime green, most of the weird Friends colors etc. There are very few places where you'll find buildings in such colors in real life.

Still there are some existing colors that would work as a predominant color in a modular. Sand red is an obvious dream (they should've brought that back instead of dark turquoise!), but e.g. cool yellow would be another great choice.