The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Well now the wind turbine has been announced I'm thinking that probably rules out the rumor of a GG re-release. Surely Lego wouldn't make 2 creator expert re-releases in a row.

Edited by Bricked1980

26 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Well now the wind turbine has been announced I'm thinking that probably rules out the rumor of a GG re-release. Surely Lego wouldn't make 2 creator expert re-releases in a row.

Well... There were six rumoured sets for 2019. While I would not really like a rerelease, there's certainly room in the portofolio for it.

So the wind turbine has a January 1st release, right? If so, would a modular be released alongside the turbine? I would think so, as the turbine may be sort of a minor release. I'm assuming the turbine is all about the new Lego plant parts, but doesn't it feel a bit cheap to put the Expert badge to a set that might not have had it when it was released originally? I know Expert was not a thing then.

Edited by paupadros

10268 Vestas Wind Turbine will be vailable on the 23rd of November. I wonder if it will be popular at all given the pricing!

I don't expect the next modular to be a rerelease of the Green Grocer. I assume the modular line is very popular and I'm sure Lego would please a lot more customers with a completely new modular!

I'd prefer to see LEGO make specific parts available again, like the sand green 1x2 brick with groove, for those who don't own the Green Grocer yet and want to build their own.

9 minutes ago, paupadros said:

So the wind turbine has a January 1st release, right?

23rd of November..

I personally did not believe this rumour, but apparently I was wrong:wacko:

Luckily I got the old one cheep, but a lot of people who paid top dollar for the original is probably not very happy now *huh*

The reason the old one was so expensive is mostly because it is so rare, I wonder how much this rather expensive 10 year old set set is going to sell with minor updates :shrug_confused:

34 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Well... There were six rumoured sets for 2019. While I would not really like a rerelease, there's certainly room in the portofolio for it.

So the wind turbine has a January 1st release, right? If so, would a modular be released alongside the turbine? I would think so, as the turbine may be sort of a minor release. I'm assuming the turbine is all about the new Lego plant parts, but doesn't it feel a bit cheap to put the Expert badge to a set that might not have had it when it was released originally? I know Expert was not a thing then.

It was also age 9+ back then too. Now it's 12+. I guess kids 10 years later aren't quite as smart.

31 minutes ago, paupadros said:

So the wind turbine has a January 1st release, right? If so, would a modular be released alongside the turbine?

As far as I know the turbine will be released November 23rd. This is roughly the same time that Taj Mahal came out last year. So my guess is that we'll get a new modular on January 1st and then another re-released set from the Lego vaults in November 2019. Whether or not that will be GG is anyones guess but I reckon they'll do an annual re-release every November from now on.

What the heck are they thinking with that price tag on the turbine though. The theme of this set is green renewable energy but just think of all the trees that will have to be chopped down to make enough bank notes for people to buy this thing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 hour ago, Eaglefan344 said:

$200 is ridiculous for that set. I was expecting $120 or $150. 

1 hour ago, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

13 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

As far as I know the turbine will be released November 23rd. This is roughly the same time that Taj Mahal came out last year. So my guess is that we'll get a new modular on January 1st and then another re-released set from the Lego vaults in November 2019. Whether or not that will be GG is anyones guess but I reckon they'll do an annual re-release every November from now on.

What the heck are they thinking with that price tag on the turbine though. The theme of this set is green renewable energy but just think of all the trees that will have to be chopped down to make enough bank notes for people to buy this thing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess it is the price it is, because it comes complete with power function motors, so that will bump it up a bit!

Quite happy to see this released mainstream, as I didn't fancy paying secondary market prices for the original staff gift set 4999. This will fit nicely to my mini wind farm of 3 wind turbines from set 7747.

Edited by scottwb2010

Just now, scottwb2010 said:

I guess it is the price it is, because it comes complete with power function motors, so that will bump it up a bit!

There is $24.96 worth of PF in the set, and that's based on buying the items individually. Even if you subtract the PF, it comes to 21.3 cents a piece which is absolutely insane.

Just now, Eaglefan344 said:

There is $24.96 worth of PF in the set, and that's based on buying the items individually. Even if you subtract the PF, it comes to 21.3 cents a piece which is absolutely insane.

There might also be some royalty fees to pay Vesta's too. 

I will admit I always complain about stickers and say I'd be willing to pay more for printed pieces and I'm still complaining, so there's that.

4 hours ago, paupadros said:

Well... There were six rumoured sets for 2019

Six set codes but one is 10269 and the following one is 10277 so we can expect 7 more: 10270->10276.

There is plenty of space for another re-release

Edited by TheLegomane

50 minutes ago, TheLegomane said:

Six set codes but one is 10269 and the following one is 10277 so we can expect 7 more: 10270->10276.

There is plenty of space for another re-release

Are we sure that these sets will be released in 2018? 

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

i was told that this will be $NZ 399. To get back on topic, I was also told that the next modular is a Corner Garage.

Yes yes yes! I'm sure, this would look great next to the diner. I was playing with this idea for a MOC, but I have yet to start.

I like the turbine ok but it won't fit in with the current look of my town.  Maybe if LEGO releases some farm related sets I would make a field and stick it out there with them.

13 minutes ago, Honbushu said:

Yes yes yes! I'm sure, this would look great next to the diner. I was playing with this idea for a MOC, but I have yet to start.

Yep, would be a cool addition to any city I'm sure. 

I certainly want to put it in mine. My village is a mishmash anyway, so it won't look any more out of place than anything else. And I need a source of energy. 

But the price is definitely off-putting . . 

2 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

i was told that this will be $NZ 399. To get back on topic, I was also told that the next modular is a Corner Garage.

I dont see a garage fitting in. Would not be a traditional modular with a facade... not really sure how that would play out

12 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

I dont see a garage fitting in. Would not be a traditional modular with a facade... not really sure how that would play out

usually in those case we get happily surprised by TLC. I wouldn't mind something mechanic in the modular street would you?

12 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

It could be a corner petrol service station. Was told it also had a vet or pet shop on the next floor and a bachelor pad / apartment on the top. Will have to wait and see :)

On 9/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, The_Nev said:

There's also the "Exclusive Lego Creator Expert set" that will have a new plant-based element in it due to be released this year. It makes a sort of sense to me if that set is the re-release of the Vestas Turbine, as both have the "green" environmental theme to them. 

Should've placed a few bets on my prediction LOL!

On topic, should be interesting how they would do a corner petrol station with another business above it, as I would've thought that there wouldn't be much room on the side for an entrance along with the driveway for the petrol station. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Seriously, are plant-based elements really expensive compared to normal Lego or something? Is that why it's so ridiculously expensive?

The set both includes both a full set of power functions equipment (which accounts for $21) and large pieces. Both of these would affect the price. 

I doubt it's due to the plant-based parts. Lego wants them to be a success so increasing the cost of sets containing them wouldn't be beneficial. Plus, they just gave thousands of them away for free. 

10 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I was also told that the next modular is a Corner Garage.

It sounds like the modular line is heading a different direction than the old city center I always had in mind. But like you say, we'll have to wait.

Anyway I'm interested in the cars that could come with the modular, as I'm unsure of the fitting sizes (4, 5 or 6 side) and styles of vehicles in my modular town.