The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

4 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Qual seria o tamanho do PR / DO / BB / DD?

has dimensions square 10255
These are dimensions 7.7 x 48 x 58.3 cm assembly square 10255
I think they are very similar.

If those numbers from Amazon are true:

10264 - 6,56 kg - 58,2 x 9,1 x 48 cm

10265 - 3,93 kg - 48 x 11,8 x 28,2 cm

than one these sets will be bigger than AS (4,6 kg; 7,7 x 48 x 58,3 cm)

According to Amazon "normal sized" modulars weigh appr. 2,8 kg

meaning we could expect sets with around 5,500 pieces and 3,500 pieces.

Thanks @TheLegomane for the news!

And the modular building usually gets the first creator expert set number in each year, but 5,700 pieces seem too high. 3,500 for a 3 storey corner building are more reasonable. My guess would be that the first set is some kind of landmark or sth.

Edited by ddavid
Updates

Interesting. Could we expect to see a spiritual successor to the Taj Mahal?

After all, the Modular Buildinfs are given the first number in the year's lineup because they're typically considered the most important, the 'flagship' of the wave. 

The only reason next year's Modular wouldn't have the first number would be if there was something the design team thinks will supplant it as the wave's big thing. 

I'm excited to see it, but also sad because I'll never be able to afford whatever it is. 

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm excited to see it, but also sad because I'll never be able to afford whatever it is. 

Yeah. The same with me.

Every 3 years Lego releases a new Landmark (Taj Mahal doesn’t count. In the interview Jamie said that they had an additional production slot that didn’t affect the amount of planned sets to be released), so in 2019 we are due to having one!

Edited by ddavid

I wouldn't mind a re-release of the Eiffel Tower set (or better, a facelifted version of it), to be honest, but I guess it wouldn't be released at the beginning of the year, right?

In any case, I'm looking forward to discovering what TLG will pull off :excited:

Or what about the chinese wall, length also in minifig-scale...:tongue:...  I hope there will be another big modular set like AS...

3 hours ago, essel said:

I wouldn't mind a re-release of the Eiffel Tower

Something along the lines of that is possible. But the Taj Mahal was as Jamie said was an additional production filler so I assume they won't rerelease but have been planning something for quite some time. I taking a (wild) guess and predicting the Colosseum. Although it may look repetitive and difficult to mast the round features, it sure would be an impressive display set. If not a Creator Expert set, then soon it must be an Architecture set. It's very iconic and easily identifiable. 

Maybe not this time, but the next one after the predicted 2019 release could be something from Asia such as an elegant temple. Imagine all the lovely printed tiles decorating the sides! This would seem appropriate as LEGO just reported strong growth in China and are planning to add two new flagship stores next year. 

It looks like the next re-release will be the 4999 vestas wind turbine. Quite disappointed with this because I hoped for an old modular.

The wind turbine will take the number 10268 and they already have added it on bricklink (without picture)

Edited by TheLegomane

Interesting. On Pricevortex they're listing SIX Creator Expert sets for 2019. 10264 through 10269. 10264 might be the landmark, 10265 the modular, 10266 the vehicle, 10267 the winter village set, 10268 the rerelease @TheLegomane's mentioning and 10269 a fairground set, maybe?

https://www.pricevortex.com/

Edited by paupadros

Last year I was excited for a rumored creator expert landmark set, but I was really disappointed to see a uninteresting rerelease. So now I hope I won’t be disappointed again and we will see a original set (I’m biased, cos I love Paris, so an updated Eiffel Tower I would certanly buy)

I don’t really have any ideas for what could it be.

Someone suggested a Chinese temple and that would be quite interesting. (They are not that big though, so it would be mini figure scale and although it would be fun, I don’t think it is what this line is about)

The White House at this scale would also be almost minifigure scale (again, the same "problem")

Louvre would be an interesting creation, but it’s another all TAN building.

It’s high time for Tower Bridge to be retired, but saying that it will be replaced with the (gorgeous, red) Golden Gate Bridge would be just wishful thinking.

Edited by ddavid

6 hours ago, paupadros said:

Interesting. On Pricevortex they're listing SIX Creator Expert sets for 2019. 10264 through 10269. 10264 might be the landmark, 10265 the modular, 10266 the vehicle, 10267 the winter village set, 10268 the rerelease @TheLegomane's mentioning and 10269 a fairground set, maybe?

https://www.pricevortex.com/

According to my researches (I could be wrong) the 10267 will be a fairground set and 10268 will be the wind turbine and both are expected in 2018. Since I don't recall Lego selling sets with a gap in the numbering, I think we might get 10264-65 and -66 all in 2018

4 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

According to my researches (I could be wrong) the 10267 will be a fairground set and 10268 will be the wind turbine and both are expected in 2018. Since I don't recall Lego selling sets with a gap in the numbering, I think we might get 10264-65 and -66 all in 2018

This is all very interesting news!

I do remember hearing speculation that there will be another fairground set released this year, so that definitely fits. There's also the "Exclusive Lego Creator Expert set" that will have a new plant-based element in it due to be released this year. It makes a sort of sense to me if that set is the re-release of the Vestas Turbine, as both have the "green" environmental theme to them. Or maybe we will get a pharmacy with the green plus, and a new plant piece to go with it ;D

4 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

10 minutes ago, The_Nev said:

This is all very interesting news!

I do remember hearing speculation that there will be another fairground set released this year, so that definitely fits. There's also the "Exclusive Lego Creator Expert set" that will have a new plant-based element in it due to be released this year. It makes a sort of sense to me if that set is the re-release of the Vestas Turbine, as both have the "green" environmental theme to them. Or maybe we will get a pharmacy with the green plus, and a new plant piece to go with it ;D

5 more D2C this year, another fairground set this year and re-release of a vestas wt that never was released in the first place?! SCEPTIC:sceptic:

9 hours ago, TheLegomane said:

You mean that lego will not leave a gap in the numbering? I guess that is true. However, Lego does not release the sets in sequential order.

For example:

10256 was announced on 30 October 2017
10257 was released on 1 June 2017

Edited by Brickolta

OMG! A free fall tower! That will be na epic set. Just as fun as the rollercoaster, if not more! And the footprint will also be much smaller. Thanks @PrisonBrick!

Are there any news about the other set numbers?

So no buildings, just roller costers and wind turbines... wish they would focus more on minifig scale modular buildings, in other eras as well, such as castle, wild west and such.

17 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

So no buildings, just roller costers and wind turbines... wish they would focus more on minifig scale modular buildings, in other eras as well, such as castle, wild west and such.

Even for an adult-targeted series I think Wild West may be a bit risky. The Old West is not nearly as mainstream a subject as it once was, and it has never seemed to have the kind of lasting popularity as a LEGO theme that Town/City, Castle, Space, Pirates, Bionicle, and Ninjago have. An expert-level medieval series could maybe be worth exploring at some point, though, if the demand for these types of exclusives keeps growing enough to add more categories than the current ongoing ones (like vehicles, modular buildings, winter village, fairground, and landmarks).

hi guys. Can you tell me which thread to discuss the Creator 3 in 1 set? It seems I can not find any thread for it. Is it in here or Lego City/Town thread?

On 9/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, Roebuck said:

5 more D2C this year, another fairground set this year and re-release of a vestas wt that never was released in the first place?! SCEPTIC:sceptic:

Hi, could someone explain to me what does it mean by Direct to Customer sets? Keep reading and hearing it a lot. It seems like normal sets to me. Is it in the way there are sold?

Creator 3in1 are discussed in the Special Themes Forum

D2C (Direct to customer) sets are only available on Shop@Home and in Lego official stores (maybe in Certified stores, too, but I'm not sure about it) for some time, before being available in "ordinary" toy stores.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, Aanchir said:

Even for an adult-targeted series I think Wild West may be a bit risky. The Old West is not nearly as mainstream a subject as it once was, and it has never seemed to have the kind of lasting popularity as a LEGO theme that Town/City, Castle, Space, Pirates, Bionicle, and Ninjago have. An expert-level medieval series could maybe be worth exploring at some point, though, if the demand for these types of exclusives keeps growing enough to add more categories than the current ongoing ones (like vehicles, modular buildings, winter village, fairground, and landmarks).

Good point. I also think western themes are a bit far out for the younger group. 

On 9/13/2018 at 3:44 AM, TheLegomane said:

So which number will the modular for 2019 have?