The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 7/31/2018 at 4:16 AM, Chiaroscuro said:

I do not think an Hospital would fit the Creator Expert line, plus there is the overlapping with the City line, which has an hospital for the first time in years.

The city line has had plenty of fire stations. Whatever the city line does is no indication of what the next modular will be. Why don't you think a hospital will fit?

4 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

The city line has had plenty of fire stations. Whatever the city line does is no indication of what the next modular will be. Why don't you think a hospital will fit?

A smaller clinic would be a better fit.

And I was not saying that they would not release an Modular Hospital because of the City line. I was saying that I think they would not release both at the same year.

I think a "cottage hospital" is doable within the scale of the Modular buildings.

Of course, if it was a Pizzeria, they should get plenty of use out of the new "teenager" legs from the Harry Potter CMF series!

I think “two” hospitals in the same year (city plus x) plus Friends would be a high bet but there is a nice piece of information from Jamie regarding the Fire Brigade and how it turned out fine for the modular series, so maybe a police station is not completely out although we had a police minifig and DO 

http://brickarchitect.com/2018/interview-modular-building-series-jamie-berard/

So maybe it will be a Police and Pizzeria corner, with a hidden cola or cookie barrel...

About those colours:

can we please have sand red back again? If there's one functional colour that works for buildings, pavements etc. it is exactly sand red.

Please? :)

By the way, I believe I've wondered about this before in the past, but, does anyone think that the Frank Lloyd Wright/Prarire School style could be applied somehow to an official Modular Building set? I know that in real-life, it has been historically utilized for standalone buildings/houses for the most part; but, I do think that it'd be kinda cool to see it someday represented within the line. :shrug_oh_well:

On 7/31/2018 at 2:42 AM, Grrr said:

2018 is the year of the Pizzeria if you ask me...

Except that we just had a food establishment in the DD.  AS, PR, GG, and to some extent CC are all food related.  If they are going to eventually go the route of a pizzeria, they might go with the 80s concept and combine it with an arcade.  

On 6/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jockos said:

Can someone who has all the modulars (including MS) tell me how tall they are? I know that Lego provided height measures to the sets, but they turned out to be inaccurate. For instance, GE is said to be 38 cm, but in reality it's 42...

I cannot confirm that, my GE is 38cm. However, I'm also interessted in the heights of the modulars, because I'm planning to build a shelve, which should be able to stack five buildings vertically. And I think, that the official height of 26.5cm of the PS is wrong. I do not have it, but when comparing it with other modulars on images, it looks more like 29cm. So I would also really appreciate it, when someone can post the exact heights (including details on the roof) of all modulars.

21 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Except that we just had a food establishment in the DD.  AS, PR, GG, and to some extent CC are all food related.  If they are going to eventually go the route of a pizzeria, they might go with the 80s concept and combine it with an arcade.  

I agree and I'm hoping that this years release is not food related. I can't imagine them releasing a similar theme 2 years in a row. Does anyone think there is any chance of Lego releasing a modular Post Office? This is something I'd really like to see.

Since this year's winter village set will apparently be released in September but there's also another Creator Expert set in November that comes with one of the new plant pieces, does that mean we might be getting another re-release towards the end of the year, just like last year's Taj Mahal? Looking at the older Creator Expert sets, there's not a lot of sets that include exactly one type of plant piece that also comes in the new "Plants from plants" set. Green Grocer seems to be the most likely candidate.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Just now, Graupensuppe said:

Since this year's winter village set will apparently be released in September but there's also another Creator Expert set in November that comes with one of the new plant pieces, does that mean we might be getting another re-release towards the end of the year, just like last year's Taj Mahal? Looking at the older Creator Expert sets, there's not a lot of sets that include exactly one type of plant piece that also comes in the new "Plants from plants" set. Green Grocer seems to be the most likely candidate.

Has it been confirmed that there will be a new Creator Expert set in November? If that's true then personally I don't imagine they'd re-release one of the classic modulars just 2 months before the presumed release of the brand new 2019 modular. The only way I could think that might happen is if they did a modular re-release "instead" of an all new model in January. I for one would love to see GG get re-released but not if it meant they were doing that instead of giving us a brand new model.

In the video it says "In November, one of the new elements will appear in an exclusive Creator Expert set."

Edited by Graupensuppe

51 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

In the video it says "In November, one of the new elements will appear in an exclusive Creator Expert set."

That's interesting. I wonder if it means the new Expert set containing the plant based pieces will be announced in November rather than actually released that month. If so then that would almost certainly be the next modular. :sweet:  I'm making lots of assumptions here but maybe if they are gonna push the fact that it's got plant based stuff in it then could that be emphasised within the theme of the new model. Maybe a Modular Garden Centre or something related to plants.

Hi, it would be also great to have a vet in the city or a garage, a pharmacy or even a museum

2 hours ago, jlassen said:

If the new modular is going to be a Hotel, Please let it be the Chelsea Hotel.

:)

Or the Grand Budapest Hotel! That's why i thought sand red colour... grin! :)

13 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The way I heard it, it's that there's two exclusive sets, not necessarily Creator Expert. I interpreted that to mean that the new Winter Village Set would include a 'plants from plants' piece, and the other one would be the UCS Cloud City. 

I hop you're right, though. I'm too young to have gotten the older Modular Buildings, so rereleases of Green Grocer or Cafe Corner would be lovely. 

The only thing on having a Hotel is that, in the moduar building scale, it wouldn't be enough space to have many rooms for the guests, lobby and other features. But ithe Hotel continues being a potencial candidate.

Shouldn't be a problem i think.

Most of the modulars have always been a scaled down version of something that tends to be big.

For example, look at the Grand Emporium, that was supposed to be a shopping centre.

I think a hotel could work perfect for a modular.

If 10263 is this year's Winter Village set, I wouldn't have expected sets 10267 and 19269 to be released before late 2019 or early 2020. It's unusual for Creator Expert sets to be released completely out of sequence... although the re-released 10256 Taj Mahal seems to be a notable exception, as it was released later than sets 10257, 10258 and 10259. So maybe 10267 and 10269 are re-releases as well which were assigned set numbers before their exact release date was decided?

On 8/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, Graupensuppe said:

If 10263 is this year's Winter Village set, I wouldn't have expected sets 10267 and 19269 to be released before late 2019 or early 2020. It's unusual for Creator Expert sets to be released completely out of sequence... although the re-released 10256 Taj Mahal seems to be a notable exception, as it was released later than sets 10257, 10258 and 10259. So maybe 10267 and 10269 are re-releases as well which were assigned set numbers before their exact release date was decided?

Here's hoping. I still want an update to the Winter Village Bakery, and I wouldn't mind seeing Cafe Corner or the Greengrocer's again. 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:59 PM, Jasper Joppe Geers said:

Shouldn't be a problem i think.

Most of the modulars have always been a scaled down version of something that tends to be big.

For example, look at the Grand Emporium, that was supposed to be a shopping centre.

I think a hotel could work perfect for a modular.

I agree. Another good example is Parisian restaurant which in reality would obviously have more than just 2 tables inside the restaurant. 

As you say, the modulars have only ever had simplified interiors compared to how they would be in real life.

So for this reason I reckon a hotel would make a great modular. In fact the more I think about it, this does seem to be one of the most likely candidates for the next set.

30 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I agree. Another good example is Parisian restaurant which in reality would obviously have more than just 2 tables inside the restaurant. 

As you say, the modulars have only ever had simplified interiors compared to how they would be in real life.

So for this reason I reckon a hotel would make a great modular. In fact the more I think about it, this does seem to be one of the most likely candidates for the next set.

They already did one in Cafe Corner though. I would be shocked if the next one is a hotel.