The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Kudos to the people who called corner building, looks like you were right!

Edited by Captain Nemo
Image removed

Just now, Dakar A said:

From Reddit! Kudos to the people who called corner building, looks like you were right!

I don't think it's technically a corner building... kind of a weird hybrid. The sidewalk doesn't extend around the corner... only to the stairs. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

I don't think it's technically a corner building... kind of a weird hybrid. The sidewalk doesn't extend around the corner... only to the stairs. 

It would have to be one, as there's no way for it to connect to another building on that side, unless there's a raised section of sidewalk hidden behind the car. We could wait for the clearer photos tomorrow, but those black bars that support the awning on the side go past the stairs, so there's likely a section of sidewalk we can't see.

Interesting. I look forward to (hopefully) seeing official images soon.

I don't know what to make of the LHS of this Modular. There isn't enough sidewalk for it to be a true "corner" because there is nowhere for the pedestrians - it's take up by the stairs.

But, there also doesn't appear to be a low wall for the standard Technic pin connectors.

50 minutes ago, Dakar A said:

From Reddit! Kudos to the people who called corner building, looks like you were right!

SWEET! That retro wraparound window looks awesome! :excited:

With this side picture I’m even more excited!!! And now I’m going to need 2 of them!!!

the LEGO reveal can’t come fast enough!!

Edited by Boettner Builds

Note: I’ve removed the images...because leaks. Most things from Reddit are no no’s. :hmpf_bad:

Patience is a virtue. At least for a little while longer. :wink:

Just now, Ghostcat said:

Where have people found pics. I cant find any newer ones :(

www.reddit.com/r/lego 

Assuming they're still there :wink:

Well for what it's worth, the wait was kind of worth it, It looks so different and so nice. Kudos to the designer for this amazing design but am I the only one who feels that I am gonna have to get two of these to replicate the right hand side design on the left side of the stretched oval thingy as well, to make it look so much more awesome and beautiful.

The more i look at the deign the more I am liking it.

I dont think its a corner or a straight one, i think its an end. Only the right side can be attached to other modulars. Left is meant to be open always.

Just now, chezzymann said:

I dont think its a corner or a straight one, i think its an end. Only the right side can be attached to other modulars. Left is meant to be open always.

Its design allows you to use any other corner modular to create a alleyway pretty much!

Just now, chezzymann said:

Just talked to cm4sci, he says its a straight and there is pins under the stairs

Looking at the new photo, I would guess the rear post terminates in a plinth with one of the pins, and the front-most step includes the other pin.

From the top view, it looks like a corner, with a small gap between the stairs and the curb (1-2 studs)

Also, is that a raised curb? it looks to be 2 plates off the baseplate.

I knew it would be impossible to fake it. And now we know it. It looks quite interesting, but a bit narrow. And I think it’s a corner building because the windows of the building are on both sides.

And the freebie for the 60th anniversary is awesome too!

Interesting. Can anyone make out any interior detail, especially to indicate what the upper floors are?

It really does look like there is an antenna on the roof. I’d love it if the suggestion of a radio station was true (might have to try to make a non period-correct Alan Partridge fig).

Looks like the right hand side and maybe rear walls will provide plenty of turquoise bricks!

If you buy two sets and mirror-build one, and take away one of the Juke-box-bows, you have in fact one large  stand-alone Diner...! That is what i'm gonna do!

(Edit : spelling)

Edited by LegoSjaak

I know some were against it, and I can understand if the style doesn't meet your preferences. 
But I actually like the design a lot. To me I think it also jumps out way more in a line up than some of the buildings. I hope it is a great build with lots of fun. I think it can also make a great MOC of a kondo on the top floor of a building like a kind of penthouse.