The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

11 minutes ago, SwissBrick said:

Besides CC when it got out.. And then all the "after build commentaries" were taken into account in GG, can't remember such debates at that time.. I think it started with FB.. 

Also, how are we gonna do now, Diner.. only one word, after CC, MS, GG, GB, GE, PS... only "D" c'mon.. 

Jims Diner, Jims Gym, Radio Studio...

Many possible variations. And why the Detective Office is Detective Office? Could be Pool Pub, Hairdressing Saloon, and so on... I'm pretty much sure, the name will be two words long. And they already managed to find a good name. Just we don't know yet.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, lifeinplastic said:

It wouldn't cause the clear pixilation around the numbering though. Looks like the numbers have been clearly copied and pasted from elsewhere. I regularly try to photoshop images to send jokes/spoof pics of friends and this distortion always happens when trying to rename or reposition letters.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, Mark Kay said:

That wouldn't cause all the blockiness round the numbers. 

mfccrow.jpg

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Jims Diner, Jims Gym, Radio Studio...

Many possible variations. And why the Detective Office is Detective Office? Could be Pool Pub, Hairdressing Saloon, and so on... I'm pretty much sure, the name will be two words long. And they already managed to find a good name. Just we don't know yet.

I have been thinking Deco Diner.

7 hours ago, Brickolta said:

I guess they do it tomorrow then with the focus today on Cyber Monday. I really hope tomorrow we hear more!

I heard it would be announced on the 29th.

1 hour ago, McBuddha said:

Perhaps someone else has mentioned this page before. I just saw it on Brickset.com :D

https://brickset.com/sets/10260-1/{Diner}

Doesn’t really tell us anything. When Brickset uses curly brackets like that it means it’s just a placeholder name. The fact that it’s in the database is just acknowledging what we already basically know, that the new modular building features a diner.

14 hours ago, Caesar said:

I heard it would be announced on the 29th.

Ok, that makes it another day hahaha. I am really curious now. 

Probably today someone will react with 'I heard it will be on the 30th' and we can keep going until someone is right :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Brickolta said:

Ok, that makes it another day hahaha. I am really curious now. 

Probably today someone will react with 'I heard it will be on the 30th' and we can keep going until someone is right :wacko:

I heard it's going to be announced on the 30th.  j/k

I heard months ago that Lego was considering making a minor-modular set that would be a park/fountain/fence/paths but it would still fit as part of their street design.  Did they go anywhere with this?

How does everyone "hear" so much and yet no one has any concrete anything?  Fingers still crossed that it is legit, that we'll hear soon, and that the image we saw was a preliminary image with adjustments to be made.  Is it bad that now I'm even wanting to see the 2019 modular to get a better idea of where things are heading?  Because with two points we can draw a straight line to the future! 

Surely the official reveal will have to be made before the January store calendar gets released. Just checked back and the store calendar for January 2017 was first shown on 30th November last year. So assuming it will be the same this year, that means the Diner will have to be officially announced either today, tomorrow or Thursday.

Great, thanks. But when will its press release be? It's so annoying! If it will not release today, I send a mail to LEGO that when will it be released?!

What will the 2019 modular be? Maybe Post Office, Museum, Pharmacy or something else?

5 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Surely the official reveal will have to be made before the January store calendar gets released. Just checked back and the store calendar for January 2017 was first shown on 30th November last year. So assuming it will be the same this year, that means the Diner will have to be officially announced either today, tomorrow or Thursday.

You're right. It can't be revealed before releasing the LSC Dec 17 because if it will happen, it will reveal 10260 Diner.

Edited by Brick Lover

9 minutes ago, Brick Lover said:

You're right. It can't be revealed before releasing the LSC Dec 17 because if it will happen, it will reveal 10260 Diner.

Don't give up hope quite yet of a press release today. With this set having a distinct American vibe it would make sense that they'd announce the set at a sensible time during the day for American lego fans. I think on the East coast of USA it's only around 8am at the moment so there is still a chance it could be announced later today. This wait is getting annoyingly frustrating!!

16 minutes ago, just_one said:

so 80% that is indeed the diner?

There are some things that indicate a chance that the Diner could be fake. The minfigs faces, Jim's Diner missing an apostophe on the door sign and a few other things about the leaked catalogue page that don't follow the same style of previous modulars.

However the image includes new 2018 Lego pieces and re-coloured parts that wouldn't be available to anyone unless they were a professional Lego designer. Also in recent days a video has surfaced showing an update to the Lego Worlds video game which contains a picture of the Pink Cadillac as seen in the leaked Diner image.

So in my opinion this makes it beyond reasonable doubt that the diner has to be legit. Unless the Lego group have created the Diner as some sort of bizarre red herring to fool the copycat clone companies and throw everyone off the scent (extremely unlikely).

However the thing I find particularly strange is that Lego haven't attempted to remove the leaked image, even over a week after it first surfaced. 

Edited by Bricked1980

1 minute ago, Bricked1980 said:

There are some things that indicate a chance that the Diner could be fake. The minfigs faces, Jim's Diner missing an apostophe on the door sign and a few other things about the leaked catalogue page that don't follow the same style of previous modulars.

However the image includes new 2018 Lego pieces and re-coloured parts that wouldn't be available to anyone unless they were a professional Lego designer. Also in recent days a video has surfaced showing an update to the Lego Worlds video game which contains a picture of the Pink Cadillac as seen in the leaked Diner image.

So in my opinion this makes it beyond reasonable doubt that the diner has to be legit. Unless the Lego group have created the Diner as some sort of bizarre red herring to fool the copycat clone companies and throw everyone off the scent (extremely unlikely).

However the thing I find particularly strange is that Lego haven't attempted to remove the leaked image, even over a week after it first surfaced. 

Hahaha, first you give very good reasons why it could be fake. Then good reasons why it could be real. No one is really sure so perhaps that is why TLG doesn't care about it being leaked?

At this point, I just want TLG to post a calendar of when they will announce things.  Then we will know when to check, nothing for today in the morning USA time.  But they did just post a lot about the Taj on Monday when it went on sale, so I am not sure what to think about when the announcement will be made.

Besides the fact that the leaked image contains new parts and new-ish parts in a color that they aren't available in yet, the Lego worlds inclusion of the exact same car 100% confirms it. There really isn't any wiggle room for it to be a fake at this point in time. We'll just have to be patient and wait for the official reveal. 

the interior better be beyond amazing because im so disappointed if that ends up being the new modular

just looks so empty

They finally got around to announcing the Lego Ideas review result today, of course after it was already leaked.  I do not remember having two official announcements of new products on the same day, so it might be tomorrow or Thursday.  It would be fun if they actually made the announcement on location at Miami Beach or somewhere that has a 1950's style diner.  

I heard me a rumor that the official announcement will be sometime between right now and a few months from now.

On topic, if only one of the two original modulars were updated to have interiors and re-released, which would you want it to be?

Cafe Corner?
Market Street?

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

I heard me a rumor that the official announcement will be sometime between right now and a few months from now.

On topic, if only one of the two original modulars were updated to have interiors and re-released, which would you want it to be?

Cafe Corner?
Market Street?

Cafe corner for sure