The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Get over it guys! It will be the Diner.

Wondering how the next Town Plan set will look like, maybe also in art deco style to complement the new modular...? That would be nice!

On 11/19/2017 at 8:09 PM, Rick said:

I can't help but feel that a diner would have been more suitable as a single story corner building (were they common on ground floors of multiple story buildings?). Combined with a regular straight, slightly narrower building on the "long" end and a diner on the corner, it would have made for another excellent 48 x 32 modular building.

This is exactly what I'm going to do - buying two of it, then stairways to the back, house parts towards the neighbouring modulars and diner for ground floor corner.

Thanks for the inspiration

26 minutes ago, BrickyBoy said:

Get over it guys! It will be the Diner.

Wondering how the next Town Plan set will look like, maybe also in art deco style to complement the new modular...? That would be nice!

Just it's annoying that LEGO never releases its 2018 modular! Why is it fine for it?

21 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

+ me makes three! You're both not alone!

#jesuishemlockfalls

That made me laugh! Thanks Brick Dangerous!

I might get 2 sets but would try to make one big single story building with nice round corners, that's for me the essence of a dinner, nothing higher than one floor and rounded corners, + the big Diner sign

Then I would place it in the middle of my city, in between road plates, not sitting next to another modular.. At least that's the plan without full fledged picture of the set..

Edited by SwissBrick

I hope the crumpled up stuffed in pants picture we're all discussing was only part of the document and that its also a post office museum school library hospital with a police box elevated subway station and full apartment building.

Everyone else is dreaming small. :tongue:

Hello,

I just have a look at the Diner and it could be a corner unit: on the picture, the "Diner" lettering is right in front of us. But turn the modular so as to place the lettering on the right side: we get the side we can't see (because on the picture it's towards the Assembly Square) in front of us and maybe this side is the second face of the corner unit ;)

What do you think about that?

16 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

Hello,

I just have a look at the Diner and it could be a corner unit: on the picture, the "Diner" lettering is right in front of us. But turn the modular so as to place the lettering on the right side: we get the side we can't see (because on the picture it's towards the Assembly Square) in front of us and maybe this side is the second face of the corner unit ;)

What do you think about that?

I think it's not a corner because there are stairs on that side that block the sidewalk and because TLG would have obviously advertised the set as to clearly show it is a corner.

Would be great if it ended up being a corner, but that would be very, very, very surprising.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

I think it's not a corner because there are stairs on that side that block the sidewalk and because TLG would have obviously advertised the set as to clearly show it is a corner.

Would be great if it ended up being a corner, but that would be very, very, very surprising.

Thankfully if it's not a corner, it should be fairly easy to turn into one

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

I hope the crumpled up stuffed in pants picture we're all discussing was only part of the document and that its also a post office museum school library hospital with a police box elevated subway station and full apartment building.

Everyone else is dreaming small. :tongue:

Then l’ll be the first in line on January 2 to buy it !  (since stores are closed on January 1st back home) :-D

42 minutes ago, Goldenmasamune said:

Thankfully if it's not a corner, it should be fairly easy to turn into one

It's not a corner, but like you, I believe it would be super easy to turn it into one!

« Eine offizielle Bestätigung von LEGO steht aus. »

That means Zusammengebaut received an official confirmation from TLG. Diner is the next modular building.

No classic smiling faces for minifigures 

There is a boxer in front of the restaurant and the maid is on roller skates

Side stairs as in PR

It will connect to other Modulars with the Technic pins as usual

Jim seems to be the name of the restaurant (printed on the glass)

Dark Turquoise color is back

The new VW Beetle and London Bus element is re-used

The set will contain the third vehicle in the modular buildings history 

Jukebox and chewing-gum machine on the ground floor 

An electric guitar bought in Assembly Square music shop is in the car

TLG seems to go away from the original modular design

One color for the facade

No information about release date nor price

Zusammengebaut is waiting for the offucial media kit to post official pictures and details.

Hope it helps!

Edited by sebitsena

34 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

« Eine offizielle Bestätigung von LEGO steht aus. »

That means Zusammengebaut received an official confirmation from TLG. Diner is the next modular building.

Actually, it means the opposite: "An official confimation from LEGO is missing"

So they did not confirm the rumour yet.

1 hour ago, sebitsena said:

Interesting that all those details can be worked out from the leaked image alone, with for example no details of the other floors.

4 hours ago, just_one said:

did i miss something but where did we found out it was indeed called Diner or even it was the leaked picture?

Go to page 215 on this topic.  You will see the leaked photos.  The next 15 pages (to this point) over the past few days have been speculation as to the authenticity of this photo.

11 hours ago, Drakuhl said:

Actually, it means the opposite: "An official confimation from LEGO is missing"

So they did not confirm the rumour yet.

This is true; it means there is no confirmation from LEGO, nor is it imminent or to be expected.
But, given the detailed information on Zusammengebaut's site, and his reputation, I think we can safely say we're getting a diner.

That detailed information is exactly the same as we have, there isn't anything new. So either they've seen the exact same picture as we did, or a slightly less crumpled version of the same picture ;)

And no one's talking about the hideous new flower parts? That are (possibly) a replacement for the current classic flowers?

I'm definitely surprised that Lego didn't move up the media release after the leak.

1 hour ago, Withacee said:

This is true; it means there is no confirmation from LEGO, nor is it imminent or to be expected.
But, given the detailed information on Zusammengebaut's site, and his reputation, I think we can safely say we're getting a diner.

to be honest what he said i could also say.

just look at the pictured leaked and its there

That write up from Zusammengebaut doesn't seem to be anything more than a summary of all the observations everyone else has already pointed out from the leaked photo.