The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The official annoucement will come out until the 28th of November, 2017.

It will be 10260 Diner, I think. First time I hoped a Post Office, but now I'm also happy with the Diner.

Just now, Brick Lover said:

The official annoucement will come out until the 28th of November, 2017.

Do you know what the name is? Is it the diner?

Just now, Caesar said:

Do you know what the name is? Is it the diner?

Yes, I think.

Anyway, I hope Diner is fake.

Edited by Brick Lover

20 hours ago, Hemlock Falls said:

I never said I thought it was "girly" it just looks like a really expensive Friends set.  If you don't think it looks Friendly then you're delusional. It might as well come with minidolls. 

It's not the pink I don't like, it's the overall pink, turquoise, yellow Friends colors.  It's cool if they want to move in a new direction with the modulars, maybe in five years this one will fit in with the subsequent sets but right now this one sticks out.  I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, but I can see why people who feel the same way would be hesitant to comment here.  You get criticized and called "juvenile" for having an adverse opinion on something in a thread called "Modular Building Sets-Rumors and DISCUSSION". What kind of discussion can you have if everyone just agrees with each other? Is this a bee colony or the Borg where everyone has to be on the same page?  If there were 10 AFOLs in a room, in person, and we saw this photo, I'd like to think I could express my reaction. It's an opinion, you can disagree with it, but it's not wrong.

I truly hope this is fake, but maybe I'm hoping for a snow day in June.  Every year my wife will get me what ever modular is released for my birthday, and it's nice to look forward to it.  I can't look forward to this.

There's always someone's opinion to make remarks about too. I commented almost immediately upon seeing this photo that I hoped the pieces making up the sign and arch are available in other colors.  

I'm an adult, and I love Lego. I obsess over it and I've collected over $10,000 worth in the past 3 years (mostly gifts because everyone who knows me knows this is what I want).  But I don't feel like an AFOL at all. This entire website has made me feel like I'm doing it wrong somehow, right from the start.

I'm an artist, an art teacher and a scenic director, I build stages for musicals at work, by myself.  The lumber for the table I display my Lego on is made from past stages. I don't MOC, I don't have time to and I spend my entire days being creative.  There's nothing I love more than getting a big Lego set, opening a beer, putting on a record and not thinking about having to come up with anything, It's relaxing and meditative to just mindlessly follow the instructions and add to my collection.  My wife and daughter do it with me and it beats going to a movie or anything else.  But that seems to be frowned upon here.  As much as I'd love to design my own building, maybe if I was a teenager with no job or girlfriend I could, but the rest of my family isn't going to just hang out while I spend dozens of hours in the basement with my Lego.

I haven't really posted much here this year, or last year, until this week (except when I put a lot of effort into my display table and nobody cared). I'm really starting to think this isn't the place for me.  I really hope this doesn't erode my passion for Lego, and since nobody I know in the real world is into it like me, I guess I'll be alone with it.

Thanks for the negativity.

Me too, I just spend all my creativity at work and when I do "Lego", I just enjoy the relaxing and meditative effect of building, being surprised by new techniques etc.. As for the colors and so on, everyone's opinion is legit and none should criticize others' opinions...  You're not alone :-) Sometimes there is traction about a city layout, sometimes not.. it was more the case 5-6 years ago, but nowadays there is much more traction on incredible MOCs, and there are plenty of them.. Not fond of the diner as it is today, but I already know I will have to get it. Cheers!

It's really strange that the classic faces are changed to modern faces. And it looks more strange if you have at least one of the older modulars: this one is the only-such modular.

6 minutes ago, Brick Lover said:

It's really strange that the classic faces are changed to modern faces. And it looks more strange if you have at least one of the older modulars: this one is the only-such modular.

Not quite. There’s also Market Street (despite so many people wanting to pretend it’s not a real modular, there’s never been any indication that LEGO doesn’t consider it one and plenty of signs they do).

1 hour ago, Willworkfortoys said:

It is funny how people that don't like it tend to think this is fake and people that do like it tend to think this is legit.  It's amazing how we (you know, human beings) can make the narrative fit our feelings.  Never gets old.  BTW, I like it, so it's real.  :-)  In all honestly though, I don't like all of it but if it is real I think a full press release will make me like it a lot more.  

Well I think the leak is real and I don't like the building. WHERE IS YOUR INFO NOW!

3 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Not quite. There’s also Market Street (despite so many people wanting to pretend it’s not a real modular, there’s never been any indication that LEGO doesn’t consider it one and plenty of signs they do).

Indeed!

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

Well I think the leak is real and I don't like the building. WHERE IS YOUR INFO NOW!

My info is in the same place everyone keeps their info, prepared to be pulled out of thin air at any moment (thin air = ma butt).  My sources says, the modular is in fact a post office diner done entirely in light teal with modern faces and fabuland bodies.   Has anyone been able to make any educated guesses at the third floor occupant?

Just now, Willworkfortoys said:

My info is in the same place everyone keeps their info, prepared to be pulled out of thin air at any moment (thin air = ma butt).  My sources says, the modular is in fact a post office diner done entirely in light teal with modern faces and fabuland bodies.   Has anyone been able to make any educated guesses at the third floor occupant?

Radio station

For my thoughts: I just collected infos from different websites (they are very reliable) and said here; for example, the press release date is from Brickset Forum and the fact that the 2018 modular will be the Diner, is just my guessing, but it has facts to think it, for example, on Brickset, 10260 is listed as {Diner}.

2 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

My sources says, the modular is in fact a post office diner done entirely in light teal with modern faces and fabuland

I didn't understand it. What is 'in fact a post office diner done entirely in light teal with modern faces and fabuland'?

Edited by Brick Lover
Spelling

@Willworkfortoys, choose the correct answer!

1 The 2018 modular will be a Post Office.

2 The 2018 modular will be the Diner.

3 Other. (Write down what is it.)

Just now, Brick Lover said:

@Willworkfortoys, choose the correct answer!

1 The 2018 modular will be a Post Office.

2 The 2018 modular will be the Diner.

3 Other. (Write down what is it.)

The 100% no doubt in my mind is:

The 2018 modular will be a multi level building created from lego bricks; there will be a very detailed lower floor, likely mostly covered in tiles, with one or two upper floors that aren't as detailed. There will likely be between 1 and 10 minifigures total. The building will have some sort of theme, possibly more than one on the different floors.

If the next modular turns out to be a Diner, I'm guessing the leaked image is probably not of the final model. I like the idea of a Diner, however I'm used to Diners being separate buildings, not part of a street scene. Sort of like how Town Hall never felt right to me. Whenever I think Town Hall, I think the building with the clocktower from BACK TO THE FUTURE.

- MJ

Just now, MicroJow said:

If the next modular turns out to be a Diner, I'm guessing the leaked image is probably not of the final model. I like the idea of a Diner, however I'm used to Diners being separate buildings, not part of a street scene. Sort of like how Town Hall never felt right to me. Whenever I think Town Hall, I think the building with the clocktower from BACK TO THE FUTURE.

- MJ

Why? It looks nothing like the prelims we normally see. It looks finished.

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

The 100% no doubt in my mind is:

The 2018 modular will be a multi level building created from lego bricks; there will be a very detailed lower floor, likely mostly covered in tiles, with one or two upper floors that aren't as detailed. There will likely be between 1 and 10 minifigures total. The building will have some sort of theme, possibly more than one on the different floors.

I think the same but what will be the theme of the building?

2 minutes ago, Brick Lover said:

I think the same but what will be the theme of the building?

Don't forget it willl have a baseplate!

Edited by LegoSjaak

Just now, LegoSjaak said:

Don't forget it willl have a baseplate!

This comment actually just gave me a good idea for a MOC. A modular building that ISN'T on a large baseplate; instead the main level is a giant arch with staircases on either side to go up to the upper level.

On 11/20/2017 at 8:10 AM, DeanLearner said:

Hmmm, try this one: https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6133814. Each of the 4 sets it has appeared in would look considerably better with an alternative colour, and there is nothing I am planning to build in which medium lavender would be the best colour - therefore the plates will be buried deep underground!

Can you mail those to me? I'd hate to see them go to waste. :wink:

3 minutes ago, Goldenmasamune said:

This comment actually just gave me a good idea for a MOC. A modular building that ISN'T on a large baseplate; instead the main level is a giant arch with staircases on either side to go up to the upper level.

Some kind of alley or tunnerl? 

Lego tunnel in position..

Edited by LegoSjaak

Just now, LegoSjaak said:

yes like that! But have it be part of a larger building or something along those lines.

40 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Why? It looks nothing like the prelims we normally see. It looks finished.

Mostly because of the minifigures. They have faces with expressions on them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the previous modular sets came with the generic smiley heads for the minifigures. But of course it is possible they are breaking tradition and mixing things up for the next ten years of modulars.

15 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

I have not seen this before LegoSjaak! 

I LOVE IT!!!

Just now, MicroJow said:

Mostly because of the minifigures. They have faces with expressions on them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the previous modular sets came with the generic smiley heads for the minifigures. But of course it is possible they are breaking tradition and mixing things up for the next ten years of modulars.

If this Diner IS the next modular it itself is quite the departure from ALL of the previous modulars. So I don't think the "city" faces are unheard of. 

What I think is that Assembly Square was a nod to all of the old modulars and this new one is like a reset to a new modular standard, which will include Minifigs along the lines of the CMFs...