The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Lyichir said:

Are we even sure it's Cool Yellow? As much as I'd like to see that as a modular color at some point, I think the brickwork on the new modular might just be Brick Yellow (Tan). Better pictures will hopefully clarify things.

Good point. If you’re right, then arguably the pinks are the only “Friends colors” making a big appearance here… unless of course we count Tan as a Friends color, since it IS by far one of the most used colors in Friends sets!

Edited by Aanchir

All this friends talks is making me wonder; what would Friends modular buildings be like? I mean I would have expected one in the Friends line long before the ninjago line.

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

All this friends talks is making me wonder; what would Friends modular buildings be like? I mean I would have expected one in the Friends line long before the ninjago line.

At the price and scale of Expert modulars? I don't think so, but perhaps Lego should start designing the theme's usual storefront playsets as such, in a connectible, modular fashion.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

At the price and scale of Expert modulars? I don't think so, but perhaps Lego should start designing the theme's usual storefront playsets as such, in a connectible, modular fashion.

A lot of them ARE modular in a sense, with interchangeable 8x16 rooms… but of course, they are in an open-backed dollhouse style.

2 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Good point. If you’re right, then arguably the pinks are the only “Friends colors” making a big appearance here… unless of course we count Tan as a Friends color, since it IS by far one of the most used colors in Friends sets!

Interesting, never seen that before. According to that chart I build mostly in Scooby Doo colors.:sick::pir-sing: Scooby doo makes my blood pressure spike. :angry: I'm going to switch to Disney Princess or Clikits, whatever that is.

1 hour ago, peedeejay said:

Anyone else thinks they should‘ve brought back sand red instead if another pink/blue/purple/lavender/whatever color? ;-)

As much as I'd like to see more ''sand colors'', I haven't seen the sand red appart from on pictures, so it's hard to say I'd  like it. However, I like many of the new colors (light yellow, yellowish green, lavender, the light blue from DO). It's hard to please a big crowd with all the possible colors.

56 minutes ago, Hemlock Falls said:

As much as I'd love to design my own building, maybe if I was a teenager with no job or girlfriend I could, but the rest of my family isn't going to just hang out while I spend dozens of hours in the basement with my Lego.

Perhaps you should give it a try making MOCs with your family. Something you like, maybe recreating some of your stages. I work in science, and building with LEGO, sets or MOCs is a great way to relax and be creative. 

I'm off the topic now. The point is, there's no way one set would please the crowd. Like it or not, it's interesting to read other people's thoughts on the subject. With that said I'm looking foward to the official announcement.

2 hours ago, Hemlock Falls said:

I haven't really posted much here this year, or last year, until this week (except when I put a lot of effort into my display table and nobody cared). I'm really starting to think this isn't the place for me.  I really hope this doesn't erode my passion for Lego, and since nobody I know in the real world is into it like me, I guess I'll be alone with it.

I really enjoyed your layout FWIW. 

I build official modulars but also have a lot of 3 storey, 16 wide MOCs in my town. The Diner is a welcome addition for me for the simple fact that I love art deco (personal taste) but more importantly I get bored building with the same colours over and over so am always trying new combinations. I am no fan of the colour choices in the Friends sets either. Palace Cinema is my least favourite style-wise and colour-wise but as it is unique I have still put one in my town. I like the variety. I did not buy Assembly Square as I find it quite boring and since space is not infinite I would rather use that footprint to invest a lot of hours building 16 wide MOCs instead of the 10 hours or so it would take to build AS. Building is one of my favourite past times. 

Edited by NewTown

On 11/19/2017 at 2:17 AM, Wesley D said:

The tiles must have been mounted onto bracket parts, which help hide the borders between the floors. Forum member koalayummies did it recently in his MOC Town Bed and Breakfast.

What a coincidence. I've been thinking that LEGo should make a Bed and Breakfast modular. 

Meanwhile, official pictures from others themes are have been out in the last few days. It's just a mttwr of time until the 2018 modular official announcement comes. :grin:

There will be official announcment in "about a week". There is no indication whether currently discussed picture is officialy considered a "leak" and no special mentioning of it, expect general statement that fan media shoud avoid posting fake (or real) pictures from non-official sources.

All other january stuff has been makred as "ok to post".

Just now, Cwetqo said:

There will be official announcment in "about a week". There is no indication whether currently discussed picture is officialy considered a "leak" and no special mentioning of it, expect general statement that fan media shoud avoid posting fake (or real) pictures from non-official sources.

All other january stuff has been makred as "ok to post".

This could be fake news too.... it is hard these days who to believe...although Cwetqo isn't a one day poster....so i guess he had the news from a reliable source! Let us wait for another week then....probably the next weekend??

This is official info from Kim Thomsen from LEGO community engagement team.

14 minutes ago, Cwetqo said:

This is official info from Kim Thomsen from LEGO community engagement team.

Thanks for the additional info!! Looking forward to an announcement!

Just now, Cwetqo said:

Already making plans for double/quadruple version, eh? ;)

Still waiting for official confirmation.....:wink:

3 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Still waiting for official confirmation.....:wink:

Oh no, I was hoping for some mod inspiration until the announcement...

It never fails to help justifying buying more than one box.

Cheers

Just now, Sunseeker21 said:

Oh no, I was hoping for some mod inspiration until the announcement...

It never fails to help justifying buying more than one box.

Cheers

Haha....my girlfriend also always wants to know why i need multiples.... this picture is not good enough to use for some digital modding or XL-ing!!

3 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

Already making plans for double/quadruple version, eh? ;)

Until the official announcement, what would he have to build off of other than this unconfirmed image? Perhaps you are confirming that the image we've been discussing this whole time is real? :purrr: :moar:

It would be interesting to see if the Rip Off Companies have gotten ahold of this picture and tried to put out a set on it.  I have never looked at their offerings, but I can see it happening.  Still waiting but I wonder if we see something official on Friday for an announcement.

2 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Friday would be the best option, just before the weekend!

I just can't wait. Whatever they announce, I'll buy it. 

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

this picture is not good enough to use for some digital modding or XL-ing!!

That's why I figured we hadn't seen any of your photo mods yet!

your XL photoshops are something I look forward to when we first get pictures of each new modular!!

Just now, Boettner Builds said:

That's why I figured we hadn't seen any of your photo mods yet!

your XL photoshops are something I look forward to when we first get pictures of each new modular!!

Oh, well that is actually a compliment, thanks! I think that there were already others also posting XL-versions last year, but i will do my best!

Are we even sure that this diner is the 2018 modular? Because I don't know what others think but I really don't like it.

Just now, Vilhelm22 said:

Are we even sure that this diner is the 2018 modular? Because I don't know what others think but I really don't like it.

Pretty sure at this point.

It is funny how people that don't like it tend to think this is fake and people that do like it tend to think this is legit.  It's amazing how we (you know, human beings) can make the narrative fit our feelings.  Never gets old.  BTW, I like it, so it's real.  :-)  In all honestly though, I don't like all of it but if it is real I think a full press release will make me like it a lot more.