The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

15 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

The more I look at the photo, the more fake it looks. If you look at all the previous modulars, when there is a change in floor/level or the roof, there is a row of plates, then a row of tiles (to allow for separation) then the plate of the next floor above, but in this photo, it is brick all the way and no sign of individual floors. Have a look and compare it to the floor separation on the Assembly Square.

Just now, cassieas1 said:

This is the biggest red flag to me as well. 

What you see are snotted tiles, not bricks. Absolutely no problem to do this while still having separatable floors.

I like it!

But it looks from the 80's

Maybe this will start a new modular subtheme? Modulars inspired in the 80's or something

Just now, Robert8 said:

I like it!

Maybe this will start a new modular subtheme? Modulars inspired in the 80's or something

80s? In what way? It's a 1920s-30s style building with a 1950s style diner.

Just now, Robert8 said:

I like it!

For me it read as being in the 30s-50s. The art deco seems to be inspired from around then and the carhop minifigure (that skater waitress) seems to be in that era as well. Grand Emporium also seemed to be post 30s, in paticular the outfit the kid with the sideways cap wears.

Just now, Sammael said:

80s? In what way? It's a 1920s-30s style building with a 1950s style diner.

Just now, Overcold said:

For me it read as being in the 30s-50s. The art deco seems to be inspired from around then and the carhop minifigure (that skater waitress) seems to be in that era as well. Grand Emporium also seemed to be post 30s, in paticular the outfit the kid with the sideways cap wears.

50's I meant. Sorry :blush:

I reminds me of the 50's dinner from LEGO Ideas. 

Maybe this is why that project didn't pass the review 

Edited by Robert8

Just now, RogerSmith said:

I'm feel pretty 'meh' about Art Deco in general

While I still find this modular (real or not) to be pretty cool, Miami Beach and 1950's Diner Art Deco architecture and style is not quite my piece of cake. That is why I was excited about that initial train station rumor, since such set may have potentially resembled the architecture of something like the former Cincinnati Union Terminal, which is more in line with the sort of Art Deco architecture I like. 

FINALLY!!! I really love the build, and I don't think it's a fake. It's too well built together. But I hope the minifigs will change to the classic ones because I really liked them. They were cute and differentiate from the rest of creator or city. The art- deco style is beautifully intergrated. The pink, turquoise and tan bricks combine really well.

:rofl:

I was curious what the chinese text on that page said, and fed it into Google translate.

The result, predictably, is rather hilarious:

emergency! 2018 Street View 10260 restaurant decryption!

Foreign websites have just decrypted the upcoming 2018 Street View 10260!

There is currently no more detailed drawings, I believe we will see the latest intelligence on Monday. It appears that next year's latest street view is redesigned, not engraved.

However, I was very excited when I first saw this street view. After all, is chasing the series every year. However, read more, I think there is no resistance before the series.

Take a look at the calendar series below the calendar year, the most brilliant is 10243 and 10246 of it.

So I think I have to finally buy the palace cinema, because it will look great next to it. The era is very similar 

This may also be a catalogue only for Lego employees or directors, so the copied lineup from Assembly Square might be just a placeholder.

Finally the long awaited thread-meltdown! :D

On a side note: If it‘s real, I like it. Fresh and surprising look.

The pixelation from around the numbers looks like its an artifact caused by the combination of a crappy camera and the JPEG compression process.

As a huge fan of Art Deco, I LOVE this and want one.

The pink car (what with the fins and guitar) is probably a nod to Elvis and his pink Cadillac. I wonder if there will be a jukebox inside the diner, it would fit so well with what they seem to be aiming for...

35 minutes ago, TypoCorrecto said:

Looks like a crease/wrinkle is causing the distortion.

It wouldn't cause the clear pixilation around the numbering though. Looks like the numbers have been clearly copied and pasted from elsewhere. I regularly try to photoshop images to send jokes/spoof pics of friends and this distortion always happens when trying to rename or reposition letters.

Edited by lifeinplastic

1 hour ago, Mark Kay said:

It's a fake, just blown the picture up in photoshop, look at the last zero in the number, its not straight and all that pixelation!

Close but no cigar!

FAKE.jpg

Yeah, that’s a very noticable drop and there’s no crease on that area that could be warping the view. 

If that turns out to be true, I'm very happy !

Though I think there would have been more important buildings before a third or fourth restaurants (if we count the cafe corner, the cafe in the last modular...), like a police HQ, a train station, a museum, for instance. But anyway, I'm happy with the diner :-)

1 minute ago, jonwil said:

As a huge fan of Art Deco, I LOVE this and want one.

Yeah, just when I thought that the Palace Cinema was as good as it could get for modulars in that respect!

Here's to hoping that it indeed is real! :classic:

Is there anything to watch, or are people again discussing "something somewhere"? It would be nice to follow the discussion, but... linkplz? Ignore this.

I hope it is fake.

Edited by Drunknok

Finally I can relax and not check the forum every 3 hours for the past month and panicking that the next modular would me the Ninjago city. Now I can just wait till the 01.01.

And before this date there will be countless articles and than later reviews of this set. It's almost like a surprise birthday present, because I have it in 2 days. Thanks (maybe not Lego, but the leaker) for that!

1 hour ago, TheBeefThief said:

Has anyone else spotted the jukebox through the glass door on the ground floor?

Yes, I see! The orange?

4 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, that’s a very noticable drop and there’s no crease on that area that could be warping the view. 

There are small creases throughout the entire sky. I don’t see a problem here.

Well, I kinda like it. I've been thinking of using that Super Heroes Grils high school for an Art Deco MOC, might look good in a row with this...

Love the dynamic of the building. It's so bright and groovy! 

Comparing the last 4 modulars with the Green Grocer, Town Hall and Pet Shop, I'm really digging the colorfulness of the recent modulars. The old ones are starting to look rather bland!

It's a shame they removed the old smiley faces. But the greatness of this building dwarfs this one problem. It's sth very different but still it could work with AS, DO & PC!

Now I can sleep well. I will come back tomorrow and read 5 new pages of posts! That's a great thing.