The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I like the colors.  I have never had the urge to buy the Brick Bank due to the lack of color in that set.

It's a fake, just blown the picture up in photoshop, look at the last zero in the number, its not straight and all that pixelation!

Close but no cigar!

FAKE.jpg

Just now, Mark Kay said:

It's a fake, just blown the picture up in photoshop, look at the last zero in the number, its not straight and all that pixelation!

Close but no cigar!

FAKE.jpg

That 0 is indeed weird.. nice find!

Just now, LegoSjaak said:

That 0 is indeed weird.. nice find!

I think it is the strange because of the wrinkles in the papier, so weird? Yes, a bit. Fake? I don’t think so...

5 minutes ago, Mark Kay said:

Close but no cigar!

FAKE.jpg

Yip looks weird.

It's too A E S T H E T I C to be real. On the off-chance it is real, it doesn't look like it would be difficult to '80s the apartment portion up. CMF Yuppie will finally have a place to hang out, now if only LEGO would give him a ride in the Speed Champion line....

I think it is real. I also think it is a corner building with stairs on one side and footpath on the other. It will be interesting to see the facade from the other side and if there is another business,

It looks like a gym upstairs with a water cooler.

I also think if it was fake the car would be better, they are being consistent in the car is pretty average.

As for the figures. Times change and it add to the playability of the set and collectorbility  of the figures so it would be a welcome upgrade.

Seems to be the same size as brick bank. Guess they're continuing  the trend of making them smaller and smaller. Pet shop feels big now, lol

Edited by chezzymann

The prints/stickers and the Friends flowers introduced for the 2018 sets makes me believe this is real. How would someone get these pieces so early, or better yet that sticker (print?) on the door.

Ever since the Palace Cinema was released I've been looking forward to see some art deco, and this does not disappoint. If this is real (it likely is), I will be getting it as soon as I catch up on the ones I've missed (I'm going to try to get AS and BB this upcoming Christmas season).

The architecture is designed well and the colors look awesome! The experimental design was made with good taste and will add more great variety to my display. I'm very excited to get my hands on this one, I can barely stay in my seat (as usual when I see a new modular). Great job to whoever designed this! :classic:

Hopefully they include the classic : ) faces as an option. If not I'll just get some myself from brick-link.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kay said:

Close but no cigar!

FAKE.jpg

Looks like a crease/wrinkle is causing the distortion.

The more I look at the photo, the more fake it looks. If you look at all the previous modulars, when there is a change in floor/level or the roof, there is a row of plates, then a row of tiles (to allow for separation) then the plate of the next floor above, but in this photo, it is brick all the way and no sign of individual floors. Have a look and compare it to the floor separation on the Assembly Square.

The photo has been removed on Lego buy and sell group FB so could be true. 

That photo came from website that is in Chinese, maybe knock off,  so could be real one due to be released.

Is it 48 x 32? It got two street lamps....

Edited by Daniel-Technic
Spelling

Just now, TypoCorrecto said:

Looks like a crease/wrinkle is causing the distortion.

That wouldn't cause all the blockiness round the numbers. 

Just now, Daniel-Technic said:

The photo has been removed on Lego buy and sell group FB so could be true. 

That phot came from website that is in Chinese so could be real one due to be released.

Is it 48 x 32? It got two street lamps....

The lamp to the left is from Assembly Square (probably).

1 minute ago, scottwb2010 said:

The more I look at the photo, the more fake it looks. If you look at all the previous modulars, when there is a change in floor/level or the roof, there is a row of plates, then a row of tiles (to allow for separation) then the plate of the next floor above, but in this photo, it is brick all the way and no sign of individual floors. Have a look and compare it to the floor separation on the Assembly Square.

They'd probably blend with the color, but anything's possible.

Well if it’s a fake, then it’s a good one, rather like the 50s style octane Italian inspired gas station earlier in the thread.  I’m not convinced either way.  In some ways it shows some inventive SNOT work and design ideas, but in others, like the floor separation not being clear, it really doesn’t hang together right.  Perhaps the floor gap is hiding behind the signage? It’s also quite a departure architecturally from the more recent modulars, which are mostly full of angles, rather than curves (tower on AS not withstanding)

:sick:

If this is real, this will the first modular that came out since I became a fan I won't be getting. While the aesthethic actually is quite cool for what it is (I'm feel pretty 'meh' about Art Deco in general), it doesn't fit in with the rest of my modulars.

Also big BOOOH! @ the stupid non-classic faces & Simpsons car.

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

And a modular without windows in the sense of frame+glass!? The ones on the top floors look... No idea what that is, really.

Which windows do you mean?

The ones on the left are this https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=57894#T=C

The big one on the right utilizes transparent 1 x 2 x 2 panels turned sideways.

3 hours ago, Sammael said:

I'm not so sure it doesn't have separation between floors. It's possible that they came up with a new technique that allows separation to be invisible on the front facade.

Using brackets, that's a rather simple feat.

1 hour ago, spig1992 said:

The picture is real. Confirmed with my local LEGO store manager. He told me someone might disappointed, but this is real life....

Wow. This is such a deviation from the previous ones if this is true.

Oh yeah, positive thing to take away from this (if it's real): It's just ONE building, and a full three floors high. So no pseudo-buildings with shared staircases or useless upper floors.

9 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

This is the biggest red flag to me as well.