The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Willworkfortoys said:

If indeed real I think second floor may be a gym. Basing this on the shirtless guy and what looks like 'smoothie' maker on second floor and maybe a blue punching bag to the right.

I was thinking the same thing, but for other reasons. The moustache in shorts has boxing gloves and indeed the first floor might be a gym. :grin:

On the right is something that looks like a couple of weights in some kind of rack, besides it something looks like a bench and on the left resembles something that looks like a water tank. (Sorrt for the wrong terminology, I'm not a sports guy :P)

The second floor is still a mystery for me. Besides the paparazzi girl(?) there arent much clues, besides the grey wheel behind the right upper part window... :wacko:

The rocket on top of the windows is also a nice small detail. Looks like Lego is going forward with the time after 10 years, both with more detailed faces and new era's! :sweet:

I think it's nice to transition from classic faces to city faces. Whilst the classic faces were nice, they definitely stood out when compared to city figures in a setup.

I really like this - can work in a modern city nicely.

In case its real, did LEGO just made a printed door glass then? At least, I seem to read 'Jimms' behind that cook minifig.

I don't adore this, but the rooftop details seem very Jamie Berard TM we've encountered from PR on. If one thing I like it's that roof with that clamp/bracket piece upside down. And a modular without windows in the sense of frame+glass!? The ones on the top floors look... No idea what that is, really.

Edited by paupadros

Just now, GeoBrick said:

In case its real, did LEGO just made a printed door glass then? At least, I seem to read 'Jimms' behind that cook minifig.

Yes, Jimms' Gym :grin:

Will there be a new polybag with hot dog stand? I've read something about this. Makes sense with the Diner!

There are two reasons why I think this is fake, the faces and how on the second and third floor there are four studs between the windows. This would be very unusual for the line.

But, the roof also makes me think it is real.

*Begins thinking about lego/diner puns for the name*

Edited by Caesar

On 11/16/2017 at 2:46 AM, GCO said:

On 11/16/2017 at 2:46 AM, GCO said:

I'm not sure what I think of the diner. It looks like a corner building though

I’m liking this. Weird about the floors though...and the faces. I liked the classic smiley’s, took me back. Perhaps TLG thought it was time for a change after 10 years. 

I like the car as well, better look than the limo. Looks to be a Bel-Air. The front end is done great.

Edited by Vindicare

WE both think this is FAKE. Couple of reasons, the packaging at the bottom shows the townhall way too small compared to the other buildings. I know they may play around with the proportions to allow it to be displayed in a strip but even then it is way out against the pet shop.

Second the facade on AS looks all wrong . The studs or jumpers are too pronounced compared to what Lego use.

38473595232_d60809ece4_k.jpgIMG_4982 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Just now, swisstony said:

WE both think this is FAKE. Couple of reasons, the packaging at the bottom shows the townhall way too small compared to the other buildings. I know they may play around with the proportions to allow it to be displayed in a strip but even then it is way out against the pet shop.

Second the facade on AS looks all wrong . The studs or jumpers are too pronounced compared to what Lego use.

Town Hall is smaller to make it fit in the frame. Pretty sure it has been done before with other modulars.

I don't get the comment about the studs on AS. Maybe it's just the lighting, contrast and overall better quality?

I'm leaning towards real. If it were a MOC, chances are someone would have already found it on the web. The catalogue looks real and the quality is on par with the other modulars.

Just now, Terrasher said:

If it were a MOC, chances are someone would have already found it on the web.

Exactly. Besides, who would already have Dark Turquoise arch bricks and flower parts which have yet to be seen in a set currently?

Just to confirm. The strip of past buildings along the bottom is copied and pasted directly from the inside back page of the assembly square instruction book including the dark blue background behind the buildings, I've just double checked my copy. It would seem lazy that the lego group would just recycle elements of the graphic design from last year. Pretty sure this is a good quality fake. There is just something about the whole thing which just doesn't seem up to usual lego standards. By the way the town hall image which appears out of scale with the other sets is exactly the same in the end pages of assembly square instructions.

I like the diner a lot.  The boxer looks like Ron Burgundy to me. :laugh:

Maybe LEGO will include both classic and new minifig heads so that builders can choose which to use.

So no-one knows if it is real or fake. I'm not sure. On the one hand it doesn't seem very TLG, but on the other where else could it have come from?

Assuming its real, I'm still in two minds over this. I like the architecture used, and I feel it matches inspiration well. I'm intrigued by all the building styles used in it to get the shapes. However, I'm just not a fan of the prototype to care about it unfortunately, and it looks like it will really juxtapose with the other, earlier sets. Although I do want to see what's on the staircase side.

That would make a lot of food in the street - 2 restaurants (PR + 10260), 2 Cafés (CC + AS), a Food market (MS), a bakery (AS), Junk food (PC).. Anyhow, I pretty much like the overall look and feel but really dislike the flat rooftop.. that takes a bit of ancient but not really 60's like..

Edited by SwissBrick

What do those chinese letters mean on the very right lower side mean when you zoom in to the picture posted? Anyone??

Just now, LegoSjaak said:

What do those chinese letters mean on the very right lower side mean when you zoom in to the picture posted? Anyone??

I think that's the watermark of the site the photo is on, it's present on the others on the same page. 

The picture is real. Confirmed with my local LEGO store manager. He told me someone might disappointed, but this is real life....

Just now, BrickJagger said:

Upon further inspection, it might be a corner building. That would explain the gap.

It's not. You can see there are steps down the side. 

Well not what I was expecting. Could be the first time I pass on a Modular as my first impression is nah! 

Just seems so different from the previous ones.

Seems like it is a page that was torn out of a catalogue and qiuckly squeezed in someones pants to smuggle it out of the factory....there are folds and little damage all over the picture....

11 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

Well not what I was expecting. Could be the first time I pass on a Modular as my first impression is nah! 

Just seems so different from the previous ones.

For me Lego Modulars are like Pokémon Go: Gotta buy 'em all :P